Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Philosophy On Asking For Help To Fill Crates

Have to be totally honest here, I don't think too much about my friends when I ask for help.

Sounds terrible, but I ask for help when I need it. Sometimes I ask for all 3 of one column of crates. Never realised people would think badly of me for doing this. I have a busy life, full time job, 3 kids, way too many animals, I'm not perfect, sometimes I forget to prep for a plane, or it asks for blue hats while I am doing a coat task etc.

Thing is I just assume that my friends are smart enough to decide if they want to help me or not.

I don't ask for things I don't need, who knows what players are doing in order to fill requests that you didn't vreally need to ask for help on?

(I do limit my zoo requests to small amounts though, mainly because I don't really care if my zoo orders get filled or not. )

On the other hand I help as much as I can, I grow crops for people, use the market and regularly use my dealer to buy items for people who need them. I also constantly forget what my next plane needs and give it away 5 minutes before my plane arrives. It all works out though, I have an amazing co-op and some fantastic friends.

Hello, Ashdust,

we‘re two of a kind, then ... I sometimes ask „easier“ items, even if I have them, because I have a couple of friends, who feel bad about not being able to produce the high level stuff, but mainly I do it like you ... just now I filled six plane crates with bread and then - poof - comes my plane, wanting of course, bread ...
    ———————-
    Town: Mieszkaniowo, JMU4F4, level 77, playing on ios
    Coop: Hardworking riders, #HRKCZ3
    playing since august 2018

I am a helper. I keep 20 leis and 20 hamburgers in stock most of the time. I keep easy to make items like flutes, air freshener and vitamin cocktails. I am with Sandy that I will not give sugar items unless someone has helped me recently or, of course, is my sister. I am frustrated that people are asking for excessive help on zoo orders which remain for days. I am not giving someone 9 rolls of paper or rubber. Do it as an overnight task for yourself and do not clutter up the help me area. Let's be good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor Jane View Post
    I am a helper. I keep 20 leis and 20 hamburgers in stock most of the time. I keep easy to make items like flutes, air freshener and vitamin cocktails. I am with Sandy that I will not give sugar items unless someone has helped me recently or, of course, is my sister. I am frustrated that people are asking for excessive help on zoo orders which remain for days. I am not giving someone 9 rolls of paper or rubber. Do it as an overnight task for yourself and do not clutter up the help me area. Let's be good friends.
    I am happy to help my friends with zoo orders when I can and am sure as many who aren't are, so while I get its annoying if you dont want to fill them I find them a welcome way to increase my helps. Of course I hope also that Playrix might reduce quantities making it more doable for players to begin with.

So if we had some of the same players on our friends list pleasing one would not please the other .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

I used to be a helper. Then work got manic.

I believe that you quickly learn who is there to help and who isn't. At the same time, I always try to request items that the lowest level player can fill, holding more stock of the harder to fill items.

Don't get me wrong, I have dealt with the "addicted to helping" players that are more concerned with their clover count than on team unity. There have also been the players that are on so seldom, they rush to get their allotted tasks done and rarely have more than a dozen or so helps.

I think you simply have to understand your team, the individual players, and what each person's goal is. From there, you work to make sure that the co-op is the best that it can be.

If people don't help...so be it. Be better than them and help them out as much as you can. Maybe they will do more as their level increases? ... ... ... Then again, maybe not.
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Personally regarding help I am primarily talking about my friends list not my Co-op. We are a small content team of 3 so no worries about hogging clovers there. Also help requests are not expected in our Co-op so there is not a high demand.

I enjoy helping its a big part of the game for me, & I have no problem asking for help either. I don't have FB friends but have a great balance with my in game friends.

So depending on whether your talking about co-ops or friends, requirements and priorities will differ.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

True Downton. Tends to be a much lesser issues in smaller co-ops (though it can happen).

I admit that I find myself in co-op chat more often than on my friends list, so I often don't see the requests by friends not in my co-op. Would be nice to have an "!" come up on the main screen that lets you know that you have a friend needing help. Maybe there would be more helps given AND received.

Who knows...
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    I admit that I find myself in co-op chat more often than on my friends list, so I often don't see the requests by friends not in my co-op. Would be nice to have an "!" come up on the main screen that lets you know that you have a friend needing help. Maybe there would be more helps given AND received.

Who knows...
    Love this idea.

And just to add... this season, more than ever, asking for help in each train will make you really, really popular.

There is one reason everyone should unequivocally ask for help with every single train that I don’t believe I’ve read previously in this thread: players do not get coins when filling their own train crates. XP only.

We players miss out on coins with every one of our own train crates we fill ourselves. It is just a bad decision to fill them all when we could use the same resources and gain coins as well when filling another’s crate.

Ask for help, and let others gain what Playrix offers but does not give out in certain instances. This maximizes game progress for all.

That said, I’m level 103 and have helped in excess of 36,000 people. Friends and other players. For everything. So, one could confidently say I’m a believer in helping. I do not pretend to be judge and jury when seeing requests for help. All are equal and all are valid. My barn does not discriminate, nor does my market or Raja.

But based strictly upon the constructs of how trains are set to pay out depending on who is doing the filling, I absolutely always let one crate go up on offer so coins can be rewarded. Sometimes I’ll offer up a crisp, black suit simply because a hefty amount of coins goes to a friend or game companion. Me filling that myself causes me to lose hundreds of coins. Makes zero sense for me to fill that myself, so sometimes I don’t. Rather use a suit in someone else’s train.

I agree with you. It would be beyond great if we could get some gold coins for filling our own train crates.

As for why I ask for help. I almost never ask because I really need it. I fill all the large/hard orders myself. I ask for help for easy/small orders so my friends can get easy clovers.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 113
    City Building Project: Animal Hospital
    Zoo Level: 37
    New Attraction: Visit the Tapirs in our Water World exhibit!
    Co-op: Spring's Bounty #SPRUXS (We are recruiting)
    Playrix Forum Member Since: Dec 2015 & 1,500+ posts