Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else LOVE the fishing game?

The majority of players see this for what this is...a money grab...maybe its time to have an event that doesn't involve a ton of spending or barn space.... This is a great game...and personally my barn is at 1910 and I have 3700+ t cash..so I'm not just speaking for myself ....but of the 12 people in my co op...11 don't like this event..and we are spread out on 3 continents and vary in ages from mid 20s to mid 60s..

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel G View Post
    The majority of players see this for what this is...a money grab...maybe its time to have an event that doesn't involve a ton of spending or barn space.... This is a great game...and personally my barn is at 1910 and I have 3700+ t cash..so I'm not just speaking for myself ....but of the 12 people in my co op...11 don't like this event..and we are spread out on 3 continents and vary in ages from mid 20s to mid 60s..
    Yeah I agree that as an event, the extra boxes were too expensive, however the whole point of my post was that much of what made fishing unpalatable as an event might make for a very tasty permanent feature.

I only bought 1 extra factory box, and about 4 boxes of lures to get the hang of it, but now I just make em. If we had fishing permanently, it would be like all things Township, some people would spend lots, some would be frugal and some would spend nothing. I will always be in the frugal group, but I am grateful for the spend lots people, since they are the ones who support the great graphics and new innovations. There is no reason to resent Playrix making a living, even a very very good one if they can, since the rest of us get thousands and thousands of entertainment hours from their work.

Anyway, I still hope they keep the fishing boats and lure shop and maybe turn it into a way to earn rarities like gems or building supplies or Tcash. Even if it did stay expensive or a money grab, at least it is partially skill based unlike opening treasure chests or popping balloons, now that in my opinion is a money grab. But while I never touch the things anymore, I know people who think it's fun, and even some who say it's worth it.

And I am very very envious of your barn space. I am only at 1100 and I sell bottle caps every few minutes so that I never have more than 5 or 6 of each. I doubt we would continue to receive them via helicopter and gifts outside of the event.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Co op: Givers Only Co op

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    Maybe the caps will be made in the jewelry store by Aurelio, only guessing since he's being introduced to the game.
    Hmmmm. I hadn't thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel G View Post
    I haven't spent a cent on the game yet, other than a one time during the chinese new year event. For the rest I never spent a cent and played it for free. I probably could have a lot more barn space and whatnot, but it's at a good pace for me. I am at lvl 54 now, with 130+ extensions, room enough for all the stuff I got. I have enough cash to buy the unlocked things, but refuse to buy the Jeweler for now. Caps came plenty while doing helicopter runs and I'm nearing my final personal prize for the fishing event, sitting comfortably at the second spot in the race. If I push on I might even win it. I doubt I like the event enough to actually push on for another few days...

I retake my gift replacement of caps as I just received 3 T-Cash fishing.
    A person doesn't have to buy T-Cash if you use patience. I set a rule of $5 a month and after one year haven't spent more than five.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Hmmmm. I hadn't thought of that.
    I love this fishing distraction. If it were to become permanent, I propose that the bottle caps come from sales of beverages. (You do know that you can't put iced tea on the plane in those tall glasses!)
    * Red lure from bottle of Watermelon Fresh
    * Green lure from bottle Vitamin Cocktail (imagine that! healthy fisherfolk leaving their beers at home!)
    * Blue lure from bottle of Grape Fizz

Maybe Leveling up would add more lures and fish types:
    * Brown lure from bottle of Chocolate Smoothie
    * Yellow lure from bottle of Iced Tea
    etc.

As for the event and competition, I think this was well-planned. I love the regatta-matchup style, as it is always disheartening to see Global Leaderboard in its entirety. I even held first place for a minute. That was fun! I never fished, but the twitchy method sure feels like what fish would be...LOL

Cheers,

Mitch

Given the pretty colors in the Vitamin Cocktail it might be good for catching Rainbow Trout

First I hated the fishing game but it grew on me. But I wouldn't want it beyond the event date. Those bottle caps filling up the barn are mighty annoying...lol

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Given the pretty colors in the Vitamin Cocktail it might be good for catching Rainbow Trout
    Yes! C'mon Playrix...LOL You know you want to.