Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else LOVE the fishing game?

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    I think I am about midrange in the spending on Township demographic. I will only buy sure things and pretty things, so I did buy some decorations, and several boxes of lures at the market. I am patient enough to wait, so I don't spend Tcash to restock fish and I either don't mind losing enough to pay not to, or accept that I can't afford it anyway lol.
    Given enough time to experiment, practise and maximize economies, I think I could become competitive without the scads of Tcash, just as in the regatta. If not, then I would just collect my thingies more slowly.

As for cheaters, I wondered whether this game/event wasn't designed to offset that quite a bit. You might be able to Tcash your way through a ton of lures, but you still need to land the fish in a different way than with most of their events. On my competition page, the first place person has caught maybe 10 or even 15 times as much fish as the last place person, and slightly less than twice as much as me. In previous events, by the time I have made the first goal there are hundreds of people thousands of points ahead and gaining speed.

Anyway, glad to see comments and thoughts
    Township: Pixelsticks
    Middler of the pack
    I don't know how the cheaters do it, whether they use skill or just burn through their cash so it doesn't matter when they don't catch a coloured fish. With endless tcash it doesn't matter much, whether you get 1 or 8 points with a try. Sure, takes a little longer with only 1 point, but still faster than anyone who has to play "normal".

In previous events I didn't mind the "global top" getting hundred thousands of points more than me - be it cheated or with money - because it didn't affect me directly. The "global tops" in games like this can usually be neglected. But yes, with direct competition it does bother me, that as an honest and not rich player you don't seem to have a chance (unless you're extremely lucky with your competition).

~Soreya

I think I am about midrange in the spending on Township demographic. I will only buy sure things and pretty things, so I did buy some decorations, and several boxes of lures at the market. I am patient enough to wait, so I don't spend Tcash to restock fish and I either don't mind losing enough to pay not to, or accept that I can't afford it anyway lol.
    Given enough time to experiment, practise and maximize economies, I think I could become competitive without the scads of Tcash, just as in the regatta. If not, then I would just collect my thingies more slowly.

As for cheaters, I wondered whether this game/event wasn't designed to offset that quite a bit. You might be able to Tcash your way through a ton of lures, but you still need to land the fish in a different way than with most of their events. On my competition page, the first place person has caught maybe 10 or even 15 times as much fish as the last place person, and slightly less than twice as much as me. In previous events, by the time I have made the first goal there are hundreds of people thousands of points ahead and gaining speed.

Anyway, glad to see comments and thoughts
    Township: Pixelsticks
    Middler of the pack
    I don't know how the cheaters do it, whether they use skill or just burn through their cash so it doesn't matter when they don't catch a coloured fish. With endless tcash it doesn't matter much, whether you get 1 or 8 points with a try. Sure, takes a little longer with only 1 point, but still faster than anyone who has to play "normal".

In previous events I didn't mind the "global top" getting hundred thousands of points more than me - be it cheated or with money - because it didn't affect me directly. The "global tops" in games like this can usually be neglected. But yes, with direct competition it does bother me, that as an honest and not rich player you don't seem to have a chance (unless you're extremely lucky with your competition).

~Soreya

Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum, I rise in support of our colleague Garvamatic and to add my voice to the Silent Minority who are having some fun with the Fishing Event.

Ignoring the outrageous 20T it costs for the 1st extra lure box, I find the pace more relaxed than the regatta and a good break while waiting for the task board to refresh (I'm too cheap to pay for the refresh). Generally, I have one lure of each color in production at any time and check the Bait Shop in the same cycle where I check Raja, the Task Board, the Duck Feeders, and a general sweep of the factories.

Right now I'm playing just to get the top decorations, I have a plan for the Fisherman's Shack / Cabin. Originally I planned to use my hoarded T-cash to buy them all (well, maybe not the octopus), about 291T would be required for that so any decorations I win will offset the outlay.

I'm not sure it should be permanent as it currently stands but having some "mini-games" added to Township has been suggested from time to time. This could certainly be one, maybe based on the small island off the docks.

I am definitely looking forward to the end of this event and the 150 unit space I'll get back in my barn
    Last edited by cdosr; 03-06-2017 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Here, here, I thank my illustrious colleague cdosr for his words of support, but would remind him and the esteemed Forum that the island is where the magical Playrix dragon lives, and the fishers in their rubber boats are well advised to steer clear until enough popsicles can be allocated for offshore treaty negotiations with the beast.

MP for Greater Metro Pixelsticks and Borough of the Rough Spots

...the island is where the magical Playrix dragon lives...
    Dragon! When they warned me to watch out for "smog" I thought it was just for the bad weather! Dragons do love gold, maybe an ingot or two would help.

I'm fishing for the rewards, because I simply expect cheaters aboard. Funny thing is, I'm second with not much difference. This indicates me that not many people like it and compete, otherwise I wouldn't be high ranked 😂

With a few changes, the fishing is fun and could be done for several types of fish.

Maybe the caps will be made in the jewelry store by Aurelio, only guessing since he's being introduced to the game.
    Last edited by Lightbox; 03-06-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Waverveen View Post
    I'm fishing for the rewards, because I simply expect cheaters aboard. Funny thing is, I'm second with not much difference. This indicates me that not many people like it and compete, otherwise I wouldn't be high ranked

With a few changes, the fishing is fun and could be done for several types of fish.
    It makes a HUGE difference what fishing coop you are in. I am fishing non stop, bought all extra lure spots and buy the market box every time and am currently in 4th place. As I said this is nonstop. I think I am in a much more competitive coop than you , lucky you !
    I LOVE the fishing and would be thrilled if PlayRix kept it permanently.

I don't like the idea of replacing the gifts with the caps as I'd rather have the coins and especially the T-Cash.

I've been playing for over a year and a half..graphics are great..everything else is a money grab...and that seems to be the theme since the co op came into play... No Valentine event just spend t cash....in order to get decorations you need to spend t cash. We used to have events where people had fun... Now I dread events ...they always involve t cash or barn space and in the case of is event both....in most businesses that stay in business for long periods of time they stay in business because they listen to their customers....