Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else LOVE the fishing game?

Anyone else LOVE the fishing game?

Ok risking the label of contrarian becoming a permanent part of my legacy here, I wanted to start a thread about the great and good features of the fishing game so that when I end by adding that I hope Playrix considers keeping it as a permanent feature of Township, maybe one or two other people will concede a point here and there.

First off, it's a whole different way to get stuff, in the same way that mining is fundamentally different than growing crops or manufacturing things in factories. In fact it has quite a few similarities with the strategy of mining in that it takes a long time to acquire the tools, you don't always get lucky, if you are short tools you can buy them at the market.

Secondly it's FUN. It's difficult at first, but we all seem to have lots of time to practise. My technique is to move up towards the bar slowly, watch the red dial (wish I had seen that sooner), then rapidly tap with my thumb (not finger) to stay within the color bar until time runs out. I started off with about 0% success, but 900 lbs of fish later, I am succeeding about 80% of the time. And at least you always catch some fish weight, which cannot be said of those mysteriously hard to get to mining squares.

Thirdly, the tackle shop is one of the cutest, if not the cutest factory, and I would love to have it as a permanent feature.

Fourthly, I think it's great they added a new location in the water. The boats themselves are very cute and take up less visual space than the mine does. And let's face it, the Event Center by the tracks was getting old.

Fifthly (not sure I have ever seen that used before), the element of strategy versus luck in needing to plan ahead which color of lures you make while the fishing stations restock with fish is a very good fit with Township overall.

Lastly in the greats, it is not using up our produced goods the way most all basket, crate, helicopter, and hand another t shirt to an Olympic chicken events do.

Now for the merely good features:
    The supplies to make lures (bottle caps) are plentiful and free. Maybe they are a bit too plentiful, but at least we get coins selling them. A different bottle cap delivery system could be devised if Fishing became a permanent feature perhaps.

Buying extra boxes in the tackle shop is a good idea on a permanent basis, but they seemed a bit expensive for a one time event (crazy expensive in fact).

The decorations are pretty good really, and all come with extra bonuses, plus the rewards for placing in top 3 places in the competition are very good by Playrix's usual standards. Eg, first place is 30 t cash and rubies.
    If fishing became a permanent feature, maybe we could gradually accrue fish weights as a way to earn Tcash, gems, boosters, and maybe surprises.

As for the competition aspect, I think with a bit of tweaking it could have been placed above in the greats section. For instance, while it's nice to see a whole bunch of new towns and new faces, I think it would have been more interesting if at least some of the people competing against one another were from the friends list or same co op. That way, when a nasty thumb injury or broken finger nail leaves you out of contention for first or even fifth place, you can quietly cheer on your game friends.

It's slower moving than other events, which I think made a lot of people take an instant dislike to it. Personally, I don't mind, since it is a 9 day event, but I also think its slow pace and gradual progress make it an especially good fit with Township's forever and a day policy, and it would make an excellent permanent addition to the game.

In closing,

PLEASE ADD FISHING to Township, 9 days is NOT enough!

Township: Pixelsticks
    Out in a boat (permanently)

Loved the fishing! Hates the cheats, caps eating barn space, and the whole event being pay to win, or cheat to win.

Nah, not on board unless some modifications are made. Plus, the generosity of gifts is more a Special Event thing and if a permanent feature, the prizes would devolve into the same old carp we see elsewhere. The Facebook comments are about 8 of 10 against. Not sure it has widespread appeal for a majority of gamers anywhere.

Which, knowing Playrix, will probably encourage them to add it just as you wish Garvamatic - so there is that!

I don't mind the actual fishing so much, but the waiting time for lures and fish is Painful! Plus drowning in bottle tops from orders & gifts even with my big barns is quite annoying. As someone said in our co-op 'Sending gifts currently feels like spamming' lol.

As a side-game, I don't find it engrossing enough due to the waiting times. As a permanent side-game I wouldn't be interested enough, I'd sooner play one of my other games. Not sure that they would be able to keep any prizes special enough to maintain it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I don't mind the actual fishing so much, but the waiting time for lures and fish is Painful! Plus drowning in bottle tops from orders & gifts even with my big barns is quite annoying. As someone said in our co-op 'Sending gifts currently feels like spamming' lol.

As a side-game, I don't find it engrossing enough due to the waiting times. As a permanent side-game I wouldn't be interested enough, I'd sooner play one of my other games. Not sure that they would be able to keep any prizes special enough to maintain it either.
    Yeah, I don't really think of it as another game, more like diversion within Township the way the house of luck and mine are. I only mine when I have tools or need a couple ore. I play HOL every few hours as a way of mowing through clovers. Fishing would be the same kind of time killer with practical advantages.

Agreed too many bottle caps come flying in under the event banner. But if fishing was permanent maybe we would only get them occasionally or keep them in a different storage, the way mining has it's own storage for tools.
    I too suspended gift sending to avoid annoying my friends, but then yesterday several gifts were coins instead of bottle caps, so I started again.

As for wait times, I guess we would develop strategies and stockpiles in the townshipper way. I have been impatient enough to buy lures at market more times than I have ever purchased mining tools already, so if there are others like me, then the Tcash spent might tip the balance against the negative comments.

Gone fishin
    Last edited by Garvamatic; 03-06-2017 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Forgot something, imagine!

First and foremost I HATE it for being such a moneygrab. I don't know about your competition, but mine seem to either have loads of cash to waste or they cheat and that makes me mad to no end, because no matter how good you are, you're out to loose to people who cheat or just have too much money to burn.
    The fishing itself could be a nice addition outside of competition. But as it is now, each "lost" lure angers me, because they're so slow to produce anway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    The Facebook comments are about 8 of 10 against. Not sure it has widespread appeal for a majority of gamers anywhere.

Which, knowing Playrix, will probably encourage them to add it just as you wish Garvamatic - so there is that!
    Here's hoping, lol. And any day I can be found in disagreement with the Facebook majority on just about any topic, I will take as a good sign.

Comment on my own status: lol

I'd -love- to have the event on windows phone as well.

It does look like a lot of effort went into the Lure Shop and the design is very Factory-ish - so I suspect it will become a permanent feature in some way. Not excited about it, as I said - especially in its current Event iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Soreya View Post
    First and foremost I HATE it for being such a moneygrab. I don't know about your competition, but mine seem to either have loads of cash to waste or they cheat and that makes me mad to no end, because no matter how good you are, you're out to loose to people who cheat or just have too much money to burn.
    The fishing itself could be a nice addition outside of competition. But as it is now, each "lost" lure angers me, because they're so slow to produce anway.
    I think I am about midrange in the spending on Township demographic. I will only buy sure things and pretty things, so I did buy some decorations, and several boxes of lures at the market. I am patient enough to wait, so I don't spend Tcash to restock fish and I either don't mind losing enough to pay not to, or accept that I can't afford it anyway lol.
    Given enough time to experiment, practise and maximize economies, I think I could become competitive without the scads of Tcash, just as in the regatta. If not, then I would just collect my thingies more slowly.

As for cheaters, I wondered whether this game/event wasn't designed to offset that quite a bit. You might be able to Tcash your way through a ton of lures, but you still need to land the fish in a different way than with most of their events. On my competition page, the first place person has caught maybe 10 or even 15 times as much fish as the last place person, and slightly less than twice as much as me. In previous events, by the time I have made the first goal there are hundreds of people thousands of points ahead and gaining speed.

Anyway, glad to see comments and thoughts
    Middler of the pack