Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Build or Not To Build? That Is The Question

Question To Build or Not To Build? That Is The Question

My first post on this forum

I'm not a complete rookie (I'm level 47), but I've already made several mistakes that I'd desperately love to use a time turner to fix. For example: the mint, the mint, and the mint. Also did I mention the mint?

I realize now (after reading the forums too late) that many find the mint to be rather useless, especially since ingots are of such high value, and that really it just takes up space.

What other kinds of buildings or factories have y'all chosen not to build?

I'm also seeing a lot of commotion about the duck feeder and parka/pillow factory ( A LOT mixed feelings I see). Some people are choosing just to buy the feeder but no factories. Other have built the feeder but are seeing feathers in planes and trains now.

Overall, are there any buildings or factories or features you regret buying?
    Last edited by Lazyville; 03-09-2017 at 06:02 AM.

For me, the jewelry factory is an unnecessary factory but I am only level 82 and still working on upgrading things. I have read that once you hit a point where everything is fully upgraded then you may finally start using it to make jewelry. It requires ingots to make the jewelry so if you still need them for upgrading, you probably won't want to use them to make jewelry. Oh, and since the ducks started, there is a pair of earrings that also require the colored feathers.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

The only factory I did not build was the Mint - never regretted that decision.

I long ago built the Jewelry factory and worked on upgrading the XP to 100% - that paid off great in helping me level up when Raja was still offering good jewelry deals in the Market. The that changed and I no longer buy jewelry from Raja (only 3 items offered and price too high). However, when I really need a jewelry item or an XP boost, I will occasionally make a piece or two of Jewelry. It doesn't require many ingots. I have never regretted the Jewelry factory.
    Level 155
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

God, do I feel you on the mint. I didn't know about the forums either when I placed it.

I'd recommend waiting until you're above level 80 or so before deciding on the jewlery factory.

I have it placed in my town, but as I've been focused on other things (mid-level player who's trying to upgrade trains, boats, and factories + get expansions)...I haven't really found much use for it yet.

I could have easily waited until a higher level and had more space to play with in my town now.
    Last edited by Amoria; 03-10-2017 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

I never built the mint either and can't see a reason why I ever would unless they made it so you could convert gold coins into t cash, which I am sure they never will, lol!

As far as the down factory and the duck feeders, I built both and don't regret it at all. You do not have to feed the ducks constantly, only when you feel like it. You also do not have to gather the down/feathers unless you want them for whatever reason. So, having them is no different, in my opinion, than having the chickens, cows, etc.
    Last edited by Peggy77; 03-12-2017 at 12:42 AM.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    speaking of factories, does the train / plane ask for items you haven't yet built? I am in lvl 37 and can build Rubber factory, I haven't yet, as I fear it would be too stressful for me to make too many products to worry about... atm I'm havin a slow and fun playing not constantly worrying about making products. My only concern would be the Train for obvious reasons, and at times plane orders...
    As for town peoples' order, I just use the market to get what I don't have yet, specially the ones that gives 1k coins.
    Yes, you will get requests for those type of items as soon as you reach the level needed to build that factory. If you get a train request for something you can't make...just use that car as your ask for help car. Usually these items will show up in the market...sometimes as soon as you level up, so you might want to buy them whenever they appear in your market. I don't have all my factories built and was getting along just fine. However don't get behind with too many factories....I played quite well for several month with 3 factory available that I hadn't purchased but when I got to 4 and 5 factories unbuilt, I found that I was losing too much coin by having to buy all these items.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Cove View Post
    However don't get behind with too many factories....I played quite well for several month with 3 factory available that I hadn't purchased but when I got to 4 and 5 factories unbuilt, I found that I was losing too much coin by having to buy all these items.
    I will keep that in mind. Thank you...
    I guess it'll be 1 factory per month to save some coins.

I can't be the only person who's used the mint! There have been a few times I'm glad I have it. New factories at the higher levels are spendy. I collect tons of ore doing mining tasks during the regatta, and everything is pretty nicely upgraded already, which means I may have hundreds of pieces of ore of each variety. Producing 10-20K coins fairly quickly without having to cycle products/heli orders constantly has been useful to me. For a while I always had the mint chugging.

And I like the look of the building. It rounds off my industrial area nicely with the academy of industry and laboratory.

My jewelry factory isn't hugely important to me since my trains and planes never ask for jewelry. But again, it's something to do with excess ore/ingots. I don't get enough orders from the Mafia guy to really have it serve a major purpose, and I'm not short on t-cash. But just like the mint converts ore to coins, I like the option of converting ore to t-cash via selling jewelry.

I suppose that's my point -- the mint and the jewelry factory, combined with other game features like Raja, allow you to shift your wealth between coins, cash, and ore, depending on which you need when.

In general no, I don't regret building anything except maybe some of the ugly apartments. Acquiring all those buildings and growing the town is the point of the game. I don't ethically support horse racing or dolphin captivity but it's not as though I'm going to skip those parts of the game, because the idea is to advance...plus, it's not like avoiding those buildings actually saves animals.

(I also don't understand complaints about factories or buildings taking up space, but nobody ever complains about their decorations taking up space.)
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 100 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

Banned
    I just want to have every building there is. Useless or not!

Did they do away with the Duck Feeder? I haven't had the opportunity to get it yet and I'm at level 55