Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22.06. Game Performance Issues - RESOLVED (Android, Kindle)

22.06. Game Performance Issues - RESOLVED (Android, Kindle)

Dear Townshippers,

A new (optional) update is now available for all Kindle/Android users! This update will fix the game performance issues that cropped up! Get it from the app store, guys!

P.S. In case it doesn't help or you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Support Team either via the Report an Issue tab or e-mail (support@playrix.com). We will do our best to sort things out for you!

Francl27
    Ahhhh thank you so much! It's much, much better!

Rick McEntire
    Mine is the same. Still lags, freezes at same splash screen on startup until I reboot my Kindle. I have an old Kindle, and I've read on the FB Townshipmobile page that other players with an older Kindle also didn't see improvement. Maybe it is time for a new Kindle.

Francl27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McEntire View Post
    Mine is the same. Still lags, freezes at same splash screen on startup until I reboot my Kindle. I have an old Kindle, and I've read on the FB Townshipmobile page that other players with an older Kindle also didn't see improvement. Maybe it is time for a new Kindle.
    Yeah it was great for a while but now it's lagging again. I have no intention of buying another Kindle though...

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear that for some Kindle players the problem still persists
    I've already sent all your messages to the devs. Not sure if they could do anything else at this point, though. Anyway, we will keep you guys posted on that!

In the meantime, you can free up storage memory by uninstalling apps that you no longer need and make sure your version of Kindle is up to date.

Francl, our developers work really hard to make Township compatible with as many devices as possible, but please make sure that when you get a new device, you're certain it will run the game without problems.
    Last edited by Liza Makhina; 06-23-2015 at 03:40 PM.

amina
    It has even slowed down. All popups come in several steps now. It takes time until I see the whole picture and text.

This is just an anecdotal story, so keep that it mind.

A few years ago I purchased an iPad, right after they came out. Didn't really know what to do with it, because I used my PC for everything. Then, the granddaughters sort of accidentally introduced me to games. I instantly got hooked on HOG games - loved the graphic elements and the fun of discovery, puzzle solving, etc. Whiled away a lot of down time between weekend chores and errands. I purchased a minimum of 1 new game every Saturday (sometimes more than 1 - uh oh). Was always on the look out for the great new next game with lots of bells and whistles and, of course, great reviews. Then one day, the unthinkable happened.

I found this great game and selected it for purchase. I was notified that I could not, that it wasn't compatible with my device. I was so disappointed, but chose something else instead. Suddenly, my Saturdays were a series of disappointments - more and more of my favorite HOG games were not compatible for my iPad version. I started looking around at other games and eventually discovered Township which did work. Still, I loved those HOG games. Finally, frustrated and, since the iPad was for MY entertainment, I treated myself to the latest version (at the time), an iPad Air. Now, I COULD purchase, download and play all those games previously unavailable to me.

Technology progresses constantly - both the apps and the devices - and, sadly we find ourselves left behind in some of the progress, with a still perfectly working and usable device - it just doesn't keep up with everything any more. I gave my old iPad to my young (at the time) granddaughters and they found it just fine for their use (they much preferred their iPhones for constant use).

As I said above, this is just anecdotal - but, also, some food for thought.
    Level 163
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

1triciab
    This problem is still an issue for some players in our TS group thank you

Hi everyone,

We have checked with the developers, and there is another update that will be released in a few days. It's already been submitted to Amazon, so now we are just waiting for it to be approved. The devs tried to optimize the game as much as they could, so, please, check the update once it's released and let us know if the game works better now.

Thank you so much for your patience! We greatly appreciate it.

kitelady
    Hi Ksenia, I downloaded the latest update to correct the kindle issues. I have the original kindle and it seems to be working great. Thanks so much to you and the developers for being so persistent! You folks are the best!