Thread: Latest Update Frozen on 'Download Pending'

Question Latest Update Frozen on 'Download Pending'

I'm on Android. I had no choice but to click on 'Download' for the new update but now for over two days it just says 'Download pending'. This would have been my 157th day in a row on the game (since I started). Should I uninstall it on my Android phone and reinstall it or am I taking a chance I lose my town (to the joy of my wife and kids!). Can I play it on my computer - Window's 7? Ah, one more question? How do I find any replies you all send me. Do I need to come back to this forum and check every few hours or is there a way to have notifications?

Hi Freeish

For the update : shut down and restart your device, then go directly to your app store (without starting Township), click the button update and see if the download start from there.

Windows 7 : there is no regular Windows version of Township. Windows Mobile has a Township but it is incompatible with the Android version.

To receive alerts about a thread, click on the menu "Thread Tools" between the title and the first message in a thread. Then click "Suscribe to this thread". Choose an option.

Thank you Graylady. Unfortunately I tried turning my phone off with the option to close all apps. I then went into Google Play and tried downloading the update again. And still the same 'Downloading Pending''. I then Factory reset thinking maybe the problem was in my phone. I lost all my apps but did keep my contacts as I'm connected to Google so they saved them. But no apps. I was able now to download Township but instead of my game I got a new game. I went through the tutorial so I could get the button on the left called Settings. I went in there and wrote to Customer Service (once I found it) and am still waiting for a reply. I must say I'm on Android and was connected with the game through Facebook (used to be Google Play as well but seems that disconnected once I connected via Facebook). Thank you for the info on following threads and if you've any ideas what I should do to get my town back, PLEASE inform me. Thanks... Warren (Mom'sTown)

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR="#B22222"][COLOR=" I've got my town back. So thanks to whomever helped me do this. Thanks Graylady for your prior advice as well.