Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to upload profile pic for township for android

johnny

how to upload profile pic for township for android

Hello Guys
    Thanks for being such active forum.
    I wanted to ask how I can upload a profile pic for township game on a Android phone. I am not on any social networking platform like Facebook or twitter.

Riversong
    Hi johnny,
    Welcome to the forums, look at the thread new to Township for a detailed explanation of how to upload your pic to create an avatar for the forum. If you are connected to Google + that avatar will then be seen in the game.
    This is what works for me, happy Townshipping!

johnny
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Hi johnny,
    Welcome to the forums, look at the thread new to Township for a detailed explanation of how to upload your pic to create an avatar for the forum. If you are connected to Google + that avatar will then be seen in the game.
    This is what works for me, happy Townshipping!

Thanks but unfortunately I am not on Google+ too :-(
    So any other way ?

Riversong
    Sorry Johnny, I'm not sure of another way to get an avatar to show up in game, this feature seems to be connected to social networking platforms.
    To create an avatar for this forum, click the settings tab on your profile page, and follow the instructions.
    There's a detailed FAQ in new to Township thread which has tons more info to help you!

TigerLulu
    Same here. I'm not on Facebook or anything and play township on kindle, but would love to upload a profile image. Registered on Game Center but my avatar
    doesn't appear on my township profile. Anybody got any ideas please?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLulu View Post
    Same here. I'm not on Facebook or anything and play township on kindle, but would love to upload a profile image. Registered on Game Center but my avatar
    doesn't appear on my township profile. Anybody got any ideas please?
    Hi TigerLulu

As you are playing on Kindle, you are not on Game Center (specific to iOS) but rather on Game Circle (specific to Kindle). So far, Township do not work with Game Circle.

As you are on Kindle and not on Facebook, there is no way right now for you to get an avatar into the game. Unless you open an account on Facebook or Google+.

Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi TigerLulu

As you are playing on Kindle, you are not on Game Center (specific to iOS) but rather on Game Circle (specific to Kindle). So far, Township do not work with Game Circle.

As you are on Kindle and not on Facebook, there is no way right now for you to get an avatar into the game. Unless you open an account on Facebook or Google+.
    Hi
    Any help with this would be appreciated,as I'm tried of being a silhouette.
    I'm a Kindle user with no Facebook.I do have Google+ account with a profile pic,that I'm always signed into.
    Can't get the game to use this pic. Any thoughts? Is it possible?
    In my Township there's an option to sign into FB,but nothing for Google.
    Is this because Kindle user access the Amazon app rather than Google play.

Hi Stu

Would you please check what appear when you click on the cog/gear under the population of your town. On the first screen, I see a button for Facebook and right next to it, I see a Google Play button. Do you have that button ?

Maybe we need the Google Play app in order for G+ friends and avatar to appear in Township.

Stu
    Hi
    thanks for replying.Here's a screenshot.I reckon, i'm out of luck

Screenshot_2015-12-28-15-27-29.jpg

Stu

Can you use the Google Play store at all (to get the google play games app) ? Or can you get Google Play Games app from Amazon ?