Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate the fishing event.

Fishing is boring. Too slow, and not enough fun for the effort. It's like watching paint dry. Plus it is killing my barn capacity

Not loving the ducks either. Why not a St Patty event, sone thing seasonal and fun. Didn't like having to pay for Valentines either.

I think that other players have provided almost every criticism.
    1) The combination of caps and lures takes too much space in the barn.
    2) The extra time to convert caps into lures is annoying.
    3) The system of fishing is hard, so one microsecond off loses all the work of collection and manufacturing.
    4) The fishing area seems to be dominated by red fish (or maybe a different type for others), and takes forever to reset.
    5) The fish attractant only works after getting all the fish, which is hard with regards to the rare ones (red for me).
    ...Basically, this is the most complicated, frustrating, and insulting event imaginable. I had wanted to buy the top two houses anyway, but feel so frustrated with this game, I may forego them in protest.

I would suggest that the devs make a quick fix by setting lure production time to zero and eliminating the requirement that the fishing area should be empty before using the fish attractant. These would require minimal coding.
    Last edited by Jack O'Lantern; 03-05-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Added info

I'm really hate to say this but the event is a giant FAIL for me. Though I'm not surprised the entire game has been making me wonder why I play for several weeks now. The pricing for things is not realistic. The zoo is a complete let down too. I have so many things that are aggravating I can't even list them all. You have no freedom to make choices in this game, from opening new land in the town or zoo to how you want to upgrade your factories. When I first started with this game I was excited and couldn't wait to play, not any more I've given up on the Zoo and I'm not going to finish the event and I think it's my time to move on to something else. I've only stayed because of my Co-Op but even they are leaving too. When fun turns to frustration it's time to part ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O'Lantern View Post
    I think that other players have provided almost every criticism.
    1) The combination of caps and lures takes too much space in the barn.
    2) The extra time to convert caps into lures is annoying.
    3) The system of fishing is hard, so one microsecond off loses all the work of collection and manufacturing.
    4) The fishing area seems to be dominated by red fish (or maybe a different type for others), and takes forever to reset.
    5) The fish attractant only works after getting all the fish, which is hard with regards to the rare ones (red for me).
    ...Basically, this is the most complicated, frustrating, and insulting event imaginable. I had wanted to buy the top two houses anyway, but feel so frustrated with this game, I may forego them in protest.

I would suggest that the devs make a quick fix by setting lure production time to zero and eliminating the requirement that the fishing area should be empty before using the fish attractant. These would require minimal coding.

Great summation.

My entire gameplay has stalled because of this event. Even if I ignore it! Barn full. All balloons are giving is more caps. I have days worth of caps. Fishing taking forever. Lost desire to buy decorations, just want to play...

Would be great if playrix could intervene.

The fishing event is awful. The bottle caps fill up the barn, lures take ages to make, and fishing for the coloured fish too difficult. The worst event in Township ever!!
    Last edited by Elise; 03-05-2017 at 12:00 PM.

The reasons have been summed up nicely - I'm just here to also voice my opinion, because I'm sooooooo frustrated by this event. I feel stupid for buying the extra lure boxes and I will never ever spend 1 tcash for any event anymore. I guess I should say thanks for teaching me this bitter lesson. If this is what events are going to be in the future - pure pay to win (or rather cheat to win), then I'm out. I've always been looking forward to the events, so if that's no longer the case, it's seriously a reason for me to quit the game in a whole.
    I've quit a lot of app games for being just pay to win. Township appeared to be an exception for the biggest part, but now it seems to be going the exact same way. I'm a paying customer, because I think when I enjoy a game, I should be giving something back, but I'm not going to take part in a competition of who spends most or who cheats fastest, tyvm.

~A very frustrated Soreya
    Last edited by Soreya; 03-05-2017 at 01:48 PM.

But apart from the problems within the event, I quite like the idea and enjoy catching them. It really just needs an adjusting.

Could not agree more. I would burn money before I drop any on another pay to win or for me in this one cheat to win event.

Hi All,

Where are all the blue fish? I'm on the third refresh and waited for the fish to multiple but this time no blue fish! The same as Nana, I have several blue lures.

Also, the 10 gifts we send our fellow helpers has not been sending bottle caps today! None! Not a one!

Last edited by Faireweedamsel; 03-06-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Hello Everybody,

I agree with everything said above about the event but would like to add that the constant 2 hour wait for the fishing areas to replenish is ridiculous. Considering all the time it takes to fabricate lures this makes the event even more tedious and frustrating. I like the decorations so I will continue with the event because doing it is better than buying them but I am not having fun.