Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Events and leaderboards what's the point?

Dave Smith

Events and leaderboards what's the point?

i am enjoying the current event. But what exactly is the point of leaderboards if Playrix and those who are able to monitor gameplay allow people to clearly cheat without taking any action?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to spot who the hackers are so why isn't anything done? And if those people can't be bothered to intervene then exactly why do we have this leaderboard active on event?

It's not unique to this event. It happens every time.

Impossible maximum levels achieved in the game and/or impossible points achieved in an event in a matter of hours of an event starting.

If this game is so simple to hack and Playrix are so complacent about it then you have to wonder how secure our personal information is which the company holds.

Let's see some action taken against the cheats to give us a little confidence in data protection.

Rick McEntire
    Good points, Dave, but I suppose it is possible for someone to buy a lot of Tbucks and then use those to make leader. As to the cheaters, since they do not make my town look ugly, I leave them be. I hear Playrix is going after the cheaters.

But if there are many rich people enjoying this game that buy the big Tbucks deals to get on the leaderboard, then I'm glad they're allowing the Playrix staff to make a good living, and keep working on improving the game.

I haven't played the game for free, I've bought enough of the $10 deals to make this one of my more expensive games. But still, add up all the money I've spent and it is enough to buy a few pizzas for the team. They need more than that. So if seeing his player name on the leaderboard is enough to keep a rich person buying those Tbucks, then I applaud all the leaders.
    Last edited by Rick McEntire; 06-06-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Bosco
    Since there is no apparent prize for being at the top of the leaderboard, it really doesn't impact the honest players among us in any negative fashion. If nothing else, it helps us get to the community prize that much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post
    i am enjoying the current event. But what exactly is the point of leaderboards if Playrix and those who are able to monitor gameplay allow people to clearly cheat without taking any action?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to spot who the hackers are so why isn't anything done? And if those people can't be bothered to intervene then exactly why do we have this leaderboard active on event?

It's not unique to this event. It happens every time.

Impossible maximum levels achieved in the game and/or impossible points achieved in an event in a matter of hours of an event starting.

If this game is so simple to hack and Playrix are so complacent about it then you have to wonder how secure our personal information is which the company holds.

Let's see some action taken against the cheats to give us a little confidence in data protection.
    Hello Dave,

I totally get your point here as our devs really struggle to eliminate all the cheaters from the game. But I'm sure they will finally succeed Keep your fingers crossed!

Purdyenough
    There is a website for android users who can download version with unlimited everything. That's how they can get ahead so quick and win the events. Maybe the Devs would like the site and fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Purdyenough View Post
    There is a website for android users who can download version with unlimited everything. That's how they can get ahead so quick and win the events. Maybe the Devs would like the site and fix the problem.
    Hi

As this is an old thread, things have changed since then. Playrix is aware of the different hacks and they ban players regularly.

As for the events, some players spend a lot of time and money on the game. They will beat any part time player every time or someone who do not spend any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Liza Makhina View Post
    Hello Dave,

I totally get your point here as our devs really struggle to eliminate all the cheaters from the game. But I'm sure they will finally succeed Keep your fingers crossed!
    I fully support the struggle to eliminate cheaters but the latest detection software does seem to catch some innocent players out. I'm still getting cheater messages despite having reported the issue now 4 times I think. I also missed out on a prize in the flower event and lost 26 friends. I have had a pleasant reply promising action but nothing has changed for several months now. What am I doing that triggers the cheater message? If I knew what the problem is perhaps I could resolve the matter myself?

UPDATE

I have just gone back into the game and my cheating message has finally gone!!!!

Well done playrix.. I am delighted !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Talpa; 05-23-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Yay Talpa! Finally! Let's hope this doesn't happen to you again.

Hoorah! Now all you (and the other affected Mac players) need is your prize from the flower event. 😉

Purdyenough
    I need help from my plane and trains. I asked for help and a lady came to help me. She was level 142 so I thought she was safe because the cheaters are usually 125 to 127. I ask her to be my friend and then that's when it hit the fan. Now I want to say this in caps. I DIDNT HELP HER. She helped me. Now my house of luck is going bonkers. I had over 150 to start with from helping friends. I like to save them up because you get a better chance to see the rhythm of how the t bills go around if you play more than one game at a time. I usually get some by doing this. Anyway I logged off and now I came back to my town. My house of luck is going crazy. I have thousands of them and if I use the ones I had already stored they regenerate. I have been hacked. I need this fixed and I need my town unhacked and her away from me, so it won't happen again. I saw she needed help and went to her land to unfriend her with the X thing. But when I got there the name was changed and it was the cheaters land. I have been obsessed with taking screen shots of the towns they use and the names. To help others not to get into the same predicament.