Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: 01.03 Amazon Server Issues Resolved

  1. #1

    01.03 Amazon Server Issues Resolved

    Dear Townshippers!

    This week was certainly full of surprises: some of them pleasant (the update is finally out!) and some not so much. And the latest unfortunate surprise was that the Amazon servers (which we use to store our game on) went down yesterday for a short time. Because of that you could have experienced these issues:

    - Regatta, Co-op, Co-op Chat not loading properly;
    - Inability to visit friends and other players.

    The situation is now under control and the game works properly. Please don't worry about the inequality in the current Regatta race as everyone's game has been affected. In the nearest future you will receive a newspaper containing T-cash compensation for the issues arisen.

    We hope for your understanding and cannot thank you enough for your incompatible patience.

    Sincerely yours,
    Township ream.

  2. #2
    Thanks for the update, Nataly!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

  3. #3
    Fair enough, thanks for the update!

    Must have been a bit of a bummer for the team as well, to have a festive occasion like a new update be a bit ruined by something external like that. You work hard for an update, and you like to see your players enjoy it and be excited about it.
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

    Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

  4. #4
    With this update I am not getting the videos for coins/bills on the helicopter 😞 I do get the orders but no videos ):

  5. #5
    Senior Member Garvamatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    Dear Townshippers!

    This week was certainly full of surprises: some of them pleasant (the update is finally out!) and some not so much. And the latest unfortunate surprise was that the Amazon servers (which we use to store our game on) went down yesterday for a short time. Because of that you could have experienced these issues:

    - Regatta, Co-op, Co-op Chat not loading properly;
    - Inability to visit friends and other players.

    The situation is now under control and the game works properly. Please don't worry about the inequality in the current Regatta race as everyone's game has been affected. In the nearest future you will receive a newspaper containing T-cash compensation for the issues arisen.

    We hope for your understanding and cannot thank you enough for your incompatible patience.

    Sincerely yours,
    Township ream.
    Is there someway maybe to scan for support tickets that do not mention whatever the current regatta kerfuffle is. I lost my zoo in a crash a couple weeks ago, and so far no matter how much or how little I say, in all caps, plain or fancy language using screenshots or no screenshots, I never receive any response from support except news of the latest regatta uproar, accompanied by the announcement that my issue is now resolved, so case closed followed by the admonishment to Have a great day.

    Sometimes it's funny, but mostly I fear that any problem other than the last few regatta debacles will never even be seen let alone fixed... ever, and that support will never realize they didn't get even close to resolving a particular issue because in fact, they have not bothered to read the messages I send.

    I completely understand they must be swamped, and I am sympathetic. I also accept that my zoo might never be recovered and I am rebuilding it, but I just think you need to know that to repeatedly ignore the contents of a support ticket and then declare the matter resolved is worse than no support. So to the question, is there anything else we can help you with, my answer is YES in fact there is, but I can't tell anyone at support about it unless they READ my messages before declaring the issue resolved and closing the case.

    Thank you, and have a great day!

    Township: Pixelsticks
    Level: 93
    Zoo level: 28
    Crashed on Feb 17 while in zoo only to find zoo empty of all animal enclosures and buildings when I returned
    Number of times I have contacted support: 5, (10 or 12 if you count my replies)
    Number of times support has closed the matter declaring my issue resolved: 4
    Actual Support so far: 0

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Is there someway maybe to scan for support tickets that do not mention whatever the current regatta kerfuffle is. I lost my zoo in a crash a couple weeks ago, and so far no matter how much or how little I say, in all caps, plain or fancy language using screenshots or no screenshots, I never receive any response from support except news of the latest regatta uproar, accompanied by the announcement that my issue is now resolved, so case closed followed by the admonishment to Have a great day.

    Sometimes it's funny, but mostly I fear that any problem other than the last few regatta debacles will never even be seen let alone fixed... ever, and that support will never realize they didn't get even close to resolving a particular issue because in fact, they have not bothered to read the messages I send.

    I completely understand they must be swamped, and I am sympathetic. I also accept that my zoo might never be recovered and I am rebuilding it, but I just think you need to know that to repeatedly ignore the contents of a support ticket and then declare the matter resolved is worse than no support. So to the question, is there anything else we can help you with, my answer is YES in fact there is, but I can't tell anyone at support about it unless they READ my messages before declaring the issue resolved and closing the case.

    Thank you, and have a great day!

    Township: Pixelsticks
    Level: 93
    Zoo level: 28
    Crashed on Feb 17 while in zoo only to find zoo empty of all animal enclosures and buildings when I returned
    Number of times I have contacted support: 5, (10 or 12 if you count my replies)
    Number of times support has closed the matter declaring my issue resolved: 4
    Actual Support so far: 0
    I have the same problem. I contacted support on the 7th Feb about an issue i had with the amount of times i was helping coop members not being added to the total showing in my town hall stats. I have had a few messages asking if the problem had been resolved, which i keep replying to, saying no, yet not once have i had a support member say they are looking into the matter. Now, i fear, my issue will never be looked into. Its only a small matter but its really irritating when you are constantly ignored!
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 158

  7. #7
    Senior Member Garvamatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I have the same problem. I contacted support on the 7th Feb about an issue i had with the amount of times i was helping coop members not being added to the total showing in my town hall stats. I have had a few messages asking if the problem had been resolved, which i keep replying to, saying no, yet not once have i had a support member say they are looking into the matter. Now, i fear, my issue will never be looked into. Its only a small matter but its really irritating when you are constantly ignored!
    Agreed. Each time they 'respond' by declaring your matter resolved, by substituting some other matter NOT the one you wrote to them about is just further proof that they have not yet, nor are they ever likely to read your issue. Lol. It's Kafka-esque.

    Anyway, I'm not really irritated, I do feel sorry for the support people (IF in fact there are any real people). I just want Playrix to realize that if they are going to have completely ineffectual support, making it do what it can't do faster ain't making it better.

    Township: Pixelsticks
    Mood: having a great day

  8. #8
    I know how you feel, went through this many times! Try contacting support through support page instead of through the game itself..
    www.playrix.com/support
    Don't know if it will help but worth a try!

    TIGERTOWN

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    Dear Townshippers!

    This week was certainly full of surprises: some of them pleasant (the update is finally out!) and some not so much. And the latest unfortunate surprise was that the Amazon servers (which we use to store our game on) went down yesterday for a short time. Because of that you could have experienced these issues:

    - Regatta, Co-op, Co-op Chat not loading properly;
    - Inability to visit friends and other players.

    The situation is now under control and the game works properly. Please don't worry about the inequality in the current Regatta race as everyone's game has been affected. In the nearest future you will receive a newspaper containing T-cash compensation for the issues arisen.

    We hope for your understanding and cannot thank you enough for your incompatible patience.

    Sincerely yours,
    Township ream.
    Hi Nataly, you mention the problem is resolved, but what about the leader board. It is not loading which means there is some kind of standing residual effects. Any idea when everything will be resolved?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Garvamatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERTOWN View Post
    I know how you feel, went through this many times! Try contacting support through support page instead of through the game itself..
    www.playrix.com/support
    Don't know if it will help but worth a try!

    TIGERTOWN
    Yeah I did that too, but got a form saying do this (delete, reinstall, force close etc). Those were 2 separate response and replies btw, but really we were just repeating the same cycle. They are sure that whatever they told you to do fixed it, so they have closed this case, let them know if they can do anything else etc. You say, well actually it didn't work, and some evil genius rewinds the tape so you can start the process over. It is too funny really.

    Township: Pixelsticks
    Home of Refried Zoo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •