Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends that don't help back

Susie Breden

Friends that don't help back

Hi,

I'd like some advice from other players...especially the more experienced ones. I help every one of my friends as much as possible and 95% of them help me back. However, there are about 4 or 5 "friends" who have never helped me back. It's bugging me. The main reason I'm asking is because I'm maxed out on Township friends, so I'm wondering if I should drop the ones that don't help me back to make room for new friends who will? Am I being unreasonable?

What do you do? Do you think friends should help you back? Would you drop them if they didn't?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.....good or bad

Hi Susie

Most of the time I get rid of friends when I do not see any activity for some time. As for getting helped, I do not have any expectation from players level less then 60. They have enough of a hard time. I have one or 2 players on high level that do not help me but ask for help. I help those last if it suits me only.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Susie - could it be that they're in a different time zone? Perhaps your requests are always filled by your other friends while they are still in noddy land.........
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Candi
    Hi Susie,

I agree with Lyndie, could be a different time zone! I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and I know many of my friends are not, so helping them is a bit hit and miss.

Like Graylady, I delete people off my list when I'm very sure they've been inactive for a long while. I really don't mind if people can't or won't help as long as they are active, I'm happy to help as it gives me great pleasure!

Another reason for these friends not helping you could also be that you are very popular and they don't get to you in time. It happens to me so often. I have many friends on my list who are forum members and they are super popular. Their requests for help only last a few seconds, I feel over the moon when I occasionally get through! I really do try LOL.
    Last edited by Candi; 05-06-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Arlene James
    Hi Suzie,
    I agree with everything said above. Like Candi, I have some higher level friends that when I click on them they have already had their order filled; they are popular and have their requests filled fast. I know this because when I am online, I generally check every few minutes to see if anyone needs help. The time zones also come into play, but I have found this more with Facebook and Game Center friends.

If someone has been inactive for awhile I wait to see. However if I get constant requests for help, but find that it is never reciprocated I check their statistics to see if they are helping anyone. If I see a player has a very low level of helping others (depending on their level of course), then the next time I get a request from an online player (and they have good statistics) I delete them and accept the request. Like Graylady, I am not so concerned if they are helping me or not, that could just be circumstances, I just want to be sure they are helping somebody. I have some very low level players who are quick to jump in when they can. I also have a couple who are special, and I do everything in my power to help them whether they can help me back or not.

If you really feel that you are being taken advantage of, delete them and don't feel guilty. They will find someone else.

Calita61
    If i havent seen any activity by someone in awhile, i take note of their stats for a week. If the stats dont move, i remove them. I usually give it a week in case they are on vacation. At this point, i am mostly only watching the in game neighbors due to the 50 limit.

Susie Breden
    Quote Originally Posted by Candi View Post
    Hi Susie,

I agree with Lyndie, could be a different time zone! I'm in the Southern Hemisphere and I know many of my friends are not, so helping them is a bit hit and miss.

Like Graylady, I delete people off my list when I'm very sure they've been inactive for a long while. I really don't mind if people can't or won't help as long as they are active, I'm happy to help as it gives me great pleasure!

Another reason for these friends not helping you could also be that you are very popular and they don't get to you in time. It happens to me so often. I have many friends on my list who are forum members and they are super popular. Their requests for help only last a few seconds, I feel over the moon when I occasionally get through! I really do try LOL.
    Hi Candy,

Thank you for your reply. I don't know what time zone they're in, but it appears they are in the US like i am based on when their requests come in. And no its not because I am so popular they don't get a chance because my requests are only filled by a handful of my friends and a lot of times go unfilled except by me. They are very active because they have almost constant requests all day/night long. I love helping others too, but I would like to be reciprocated too, because sometimes I need help as well.

Tassie
    I think you should feel free to add or remove friends for whatever reason you want to. It is a game we all play through choice and no one should feel they 'have' to do or not do anything.

Arlene James
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
    I think you should feel free to add or remove friends for whatever reason you want to. It is a game we all play through choice and no one should feel they 'have' to do or not do anything.
    Well said, Tassie.

Susie Breden
    Thank you all for your opinions, advice and comments I appreciate all of them. I've decided to go through and delete thecfruends whonsre no longer active and the few who done help others to make room for active players