Thread: Animal responsibility.

Animal responsibility.

As it is my 5 year old daughter who plays this game with my help, I would like to make a few suggestions; I have worked for the school system giving wildlife educational programs for over 20 years. This being said, as well as my daughter's keen eye and ongoing education, I have a couple of items I would like to see updated:

The upcoming duck feeding station immediately caught her attention. She knows that you never feed water foul bread of any kind. This causes several deadly health issues. The main one being a condition that causes ducks and geese to have "angel wings" which quickly makes it impossible for them to fly. They can be fed other alternatives such as bird seed and nuts. Corn is another option.

As documented for years, dolphins and orcas are slowly being phased out in captivity. Maybe change the "dolphinarium" to hold a different animal? Maybe a sea turtle sanctuary where you can see them being released into the water? Kids love turtles.

Note: to all the adults playing this game who have laughed at us parents who post suggestions on a kid-oriented game to improve it to be more accurate and humanely responsible for our children, shame on you. Go play an adult-oriented game! Stop complaining about responsible and awareness parenting. It's has zero to do with "political correctness". All we want is to raise happy, empathetic children and help them learn the difference between right and wrong from an early age.

I will not respond to any antagonistic comments. Love for my child comes first and that's the end of it.

This game is geared to many age groups. The majority of players appear to be adults. Perhaps you have chosen poorly in selecting this game for a 5-year old child.

I agree with you totally Nana.

We also need to remember that this is a game (popcorn takes a lot less time to make in real life) and is not supposed to be a true reflection of life. (Imagine if we had to wait months for buildings to be completed and the train drivers went on strike!)

Yup, it is a game and not a realistic one. Like the pig that you feed and yield bacon, but without any slaughter, butchering and smoking ...

One last point. As a parent, this is not a game I would introduce to my kids until at least 10, when they can really understand that this is just a game. Your 5 year old may be brilliant (I'm not judging, I don't know you two), but the fact that bread is bad for ducks (so many people feed them anyways in real life) was noticed so quickly by your daughter means that she does not fully comprehend that this is just a game and not real life (who grows a field of wheat in 2 minutes?). Having said that, please review your post and ask yourself if it makes sense in this context.

Thank you for playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahsmom View Post
    I will not respond to any antagonistic comments. Love for my child comes first and that's the end of it.
    Sorry, I missed this the first read through, so did not cover in my previous post.

Welcome to the Internet Sarah's Mom! You must be new if you actually expect anyone to take your post as yet another example of people that try to over protect their child from real life, rather than teach them to protect themselves. I'll leave it with you to figure this out.

Nope: not clear. If your love for your child comes first, then they should NEVER play games that involve real people.

You had me at 'bread is not duck food' but then you lost me at 'won't someone please think of the children?!?"

She is too young to play a fantasy video game. Does your keen-eyed daughter also know that silk doesn't grow on trees, you have to boil worms alive?

By the way, it's not just dolphins who shouldn't be held captive. None of those cartoon zoo animals enjoy being confined and displayed to the public. Look at how they all display stereotypies, performing the same repetitive movements over and over. So you'd probably be best off not showing her the zoo at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Playrix Policy / Terms & Conditions
    Special Note about Children
    According to our Terms of Use, you must be at least 13 years old to access and/or use our website and software.

Thank you, Missy's.

Welcome, Nana.

I think you've chosen very poorly for a 5 year old to play. I think you enjoy playing and she likes watching. You want her to learn from it, but even though it's geared to a younger crowd, it's not that young. You need to check your definition of age appropriate.