Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing Your Friends Wisely

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Choosing Your Friends Wisely

You are looking at the candidate list on the “Find Friends” tab. You need to evaluate a prospective in-game friend and/or a prospective Co-op member. This is done by bringing up the Player Profile and looking at their “statistics” of course.

How do you tell from all those numbers if they are good though? What is needed is a helping index and you can determine that if you are willing to do a quick calculation with two of the numbers presented to you. Take the # of “Other Players Helped” and divide that by the # of “Orders Filled” and then express that as a per cent. A quick example will serve. Josephine has filled 46,157 orders and helped other players 2,123 times. 2123/46157 = .046 = 4.6%, so, by this evaluation method, Josephine has a helping index of 4.6.

I have seen another way of doing this that involves the number of helps given divided by the level of the player. I am sure that this method is just as serviceable, but I am not calibrated with this way. Here is how to interpret the helping index you just calculated.

10% or less No
    11 to 20% Mediocre at Best
    21 to 30% Not Bad!
    31 to 40% Oogy Wawa!
    41 to 50% What are you waiting for, an invitation?!
    51 to 60% I hope they accept my request to be my friend, Oh I do, I do!
    61 to 70% Holy Cow!
    71 to 80% Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    81 to 90% I want a friend like that!
    91 to 100% Mighty Fine!
    100% or more That’s obscene!

If you are needing them for a new in game friend, a slight word of caution before you take what looks like a good helper. If they are in a large Co-op, many times you will find that all of their helping stays in the Co-op. Hence they might not help you so much.

So, what is the best I have seen using this? I have one in game friend who has filled 9773 orders and helped other players 156071 times. That would be a helping index of 1597% They help me fiendishly.

There are no guarantees in life, but you have to start somewhere. Good luck!!
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 02-25-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    Town - DALISCAPE
    Coop - seul en mer(#SEU82G)
    Be kind.

Isn't there enough math in this game already? I hate math! LOL
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

My ADD just kicked in and all I saw was numbers. Actually very helpful numbers! I would never thought of looking at the friends requests like that.
    Thanks for the ermm "411"
    Kindle Fire only

Official township people watcher
    Downloaded March 8, 2014

Never thought of calculating it this way either. It give me 81% which make sense as I do less and less orders and help more and more.

One aspect though is left out that may have a big impact : where is that player on the planet ? If they play while you sleep and vice versa, you will not get much help from him.

Another aspect I suspect involve on which server the other player is connected too. Seem that some are nearer and I see more of their requests while other I never see the requests as these are filled before my server get the notification.
    Last edited by Graylady; 02-25-2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Never thought of calculating it this way either. It give me 81% which make sense as I do less and less orders and help more and more.

One aspect though is left out that may have a big impact : where is that player on the planet ? If they play while you sleep and vice versa, you will not get much help from him.

Another aspect I suspect involve on which server the other player is connected too. Seem that some are nearer and I see more of their requests while other I never see the requests as these are filled before my server get the notification.
    Yeah, numbers aren't everything. 83% here. As a (by OP's index) "I want a friend like that!" kind of player, I like my friends needy of help

Actually I like to strike a balance: a good deal of friends that are willing and able to help me, and a good deal that often ask me for help as well. Bonus points if you can be the best of the two worlds. I've got many bonus point friends, it's awesome.

But since we're talking numbers: there is a stat I'd like to see: how many times -I've- received help. Probably quite a bit!
    Blue trashcan: dumping has no effect on current race, only deducts points from Global score (Global Leaderboard etc.)
    Red trashcan: DON'T USE unless you really wish to lose those points in your race!

Android Township player, township name Vuurvlinderstad
    Coop: De Oranjetompoucen, tag #DEQ8WE

There is another serious friend problem that only iOS players have. Most of us made many friends through the old Game Center app. When that was removed, we have no way of deleting individual GC friends that no longer play the game - we can only delete ALL or none.

My friend list has quite a few of these long-gone players who are apparently never returning.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    You are looking at the candidate list on the “Find Friends” tab. You need to evaluate a prospective in-game friend and/or a prospective Co-op member. This is done by bringing up the Player Profile and looking at their “statistics” of course.

How do you tell from all those numbers if they are good though? What is needed is a helping index and you can determine that if you are willing to do a quick calculation with two of the numbers presented to you. Take the # of “Other Players Helped” and divide that by the # of “Orders Filled” and then express that as a per cent. A quick example will serve. Josephine has filled 46,157 orders and helped other players 2,123 times. 2123/46157 = .046 = 4.6%, so, by this evaluation method, Josephine has a helping index of 4.6.

I have seen another way of doing this that involves the number of helps given divided by the level of the player. I am sure that this method is just as serviceable, but I am not calibrated with this way. Here is how to interpret the helping index you just calculated.

10% or less No
    11 to 20% Mediocre at Best
    21 to 30% Not Bad!
    31 to 40% Oogy Wawa!
    41 to 50% What are you waiting for, an invitation?!
    51 to 60% I hope they accept my request to be my friend, Oh I do, I do!
    61 to 70% Holy Cow!
    71 to 80% Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    81 to 90% I want a friend like that!
    91 to 100% Mighty Fine!
    100% or more That’s obscene!

If you are needing them for a new in game friend, a slight word of caution before you take what looks like a good helper. If they are in a large Co-op, many times you will find that all of their helping stays in the Co-op. Hence they might not help you so much.

So, what is the best I have seen using this? I have one in game friend who has filled 9773 orders and helped other players 156071 times. That would be a helping index of 1597% They help me fiendishly.

There are no guarantees in life, but you have to start somewhere. Good luck!!
    I do a similar mental calculation, but compare the number of trains sent to the total number of helps. I'm looking for more helps than trains.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

bet you're a riot at parties

To heck with the math..... I accept them if I like their avatar
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    To heck with the math..... I accept them if I like their avatar
    Hahaha....so true. And lets not forget their names. I have someone on my friend list just for her name. Makes me giggle every single time I see it. That's worth a lot.