Thread: About ready to quit a game I used to love.

Jeanne Carlson

About ready to quit a game I used to love.

They have made this game so hard it stopped being fun. The problem is the barn. I'm always selling stuff to make room, then I don't have what I need to fill orders cause the orders are to large. I don't dare help a neighbor cause I end up needing what I gave away.

They added rice and 9 fruits, fish, pigs and about 33 new products! Then they "give" us 10 more spaces in our barn. I hardly think that's adequate for fun game play.

I've about had it, this is suppose to be fun, not work!

oFLUUDo
    no disrespect but, it is fun. it's a fun strategic building game that challenges your patience and allows you to indulge on your creativity. I think you're looking for something easy, not fun. I hope more players honor that.

BTW dont quit, that's no fun at all. Peace.

Lightbox
    No no. No no there's no quitting in township. If your barn is like mine, it fills quickly with building supplies, there is a handy post somewhere here that lists what you will need and a good suggestion on amounts to keep for the next building. If the order is too big from a townie then cancel the sucker, there's no shame in that game. If it's a plane, ignore it that time. If its train, well that one you work it out, ask for help or let it sit there till you fill it.
    Let the ship's be "barns" for you until you need one of their products. Watch the market for larger amounts of items you might need to help in an order.
    Don't be like me and try to be a land barron, run out of coins and now growing/selling wheat and bread to construct the grill. :P
    I don't know, just don't stress it and have fun!

Francl27
    I hear you. I'm lucky I was higher level and my barn was pretty big already before they added all the products, otherwise I would probably have quit too! 10 extra barn spaces is a joke. I really hope they realize that soon...

Itswtvr
    Might I make one suggestion the others haven't? You mention selling stuff to make room in the barn and that you don't help people for fear that you'll need the stuff later. Others have pointed out to me that selling from the barn gives you coins but helping friends gives you xp points as well so if you're emptying your barn, might as well help friends. And yes, it can be frustrating and often seem like "work" but it can be fun as well if you strategize well. The silver lining is that with this game, the developers are constantly making changes to better the game. Imagine if they didn't.

Rick McEntire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne Carlson View Post
    Jeanne and COUUP, you're both right. We all have different ideas of fun, and those ideas can even vary from game to game. Many game makers have accomodated this by offering a setting from Easy to Extra Mondo Impossible.

So how 'bout it, Playrix? Where's the easy setting?

I like puzzle games that require a whole lot of planning, and I like the hardest Freecell game out there, as long as it does have a solution. But when I play Township, I don't want Hard. I don't want to be required to figure things out, Township is my easy game. I just want to design a pretty town and then be happy with the way it looks, and dream of having a cup of coffee in the coffeeshop on Main Street.

When I am ready for a challenge, I will often end up at my old standby, Chess. When I am frustrated and want to relieve tension, God Mode shoot-em-up. And when I want to relax and make pretty things, Township.

Where's the Easy setting?

Welcome to the Forum, Jeanne.

Cazzie
    I am in the middle with this one although I don't want it so that it becomes to difficult to move forward I also like the way it makes me think and plan ahead. My problem is patience I hate having to wait hours for things to process that's just the way I am but it doesn't stop me enjoying the game. My barn is nearly always full and I never have enough coins as I spend them as soon I can but to me that's all part of the fun of the game.

MarieBiskwie
    I fully agree :-) with Rick, relaxing and not too challenging makes it fun to play :-)
    Last edited by MarieBiskwie; 04-24-2015 at 02:39 PM.

prettyeyes250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne Carlson View Post
    They have made this game so hard it stopped being fun. The problem is the barn. I'm always selling stuff to make room, then I don't have what I need to fill orders cause the orders are to large. I don't dare help a neighbor cause I end up needing what I gave away.

They added rice and 9 fruits, fish, pigs and about 33 new products! Then they "give" us 10 more spaces in our barn. I hardly think that's adequate for fun game play.

I totally understand how you feel I have had those same feelings as well but COUUP is right this is a strategy building game and that is part of the fun. Hang in there and don't quit.

Lisbeth6
    Gives my feeble mind a workout!