Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before posting your question ..

Before posting your question ..

Hello everyone

If you are new around here and you have a question about the game, please read on.

If you are having problems with the game, mainly the "friends" section, check if there are already posts on the subject. Click on the "What's New?" tab on the top of the board and you will see what everyone is talking about right now. If there is a problem with the game, you will surely see posts about it.

If you don't see any posts about what you are looking for, read on.

Before we can answer your question, we need some information from you first.

1- On what system are you playing : iOS ? Android ? Kindle ? Mac ?
    2- Are you on Facebook ? Game Center ?
    3- What is your level in the game ?

Giving us these informations will help us help you

If you are looking for friends, see this thread : http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....4761#post24761

Graylady
    Level 81
    Last edited by Graylady; 01-31-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Add info in red

Graylady and Kuen, a suggestion.

Friend issues are the Number 1 most frequently posted about on the Forum. Folks come into the forum frantic and/or upset about this issue and don't take even a few seconds to look around and see if there is thread - they just rush to post their frustration.

Nothing will stop this from happening, I suppose, but I think it could be greatly reduced. Eliminate the Category "Fan Art" - it never really took off. Replace it with "Friend Issues" - create a "sticky" post (always first, always at the top, no matter how many thread pages there are) and label it Common Issues and Fixes, or some such.

Many newbies don't know their way around the Forum, but they all will start out on the main start page and hopefully see this permanent category and maybe even use it.

Hi Nana

I agree entirely. The friends issue is on my priority list for a new guideline post

Graylady
    Level 81

sandssmith
    Graylady,

Good suggestion on the 'information required'.

I had been manually adding this info (except Game Center) to most of my posts until yesterday, when I finally figured out how to add a 'signature' to my posts, after seeing signatures in others' posts. (For those who don't know, the signature is seen after a thin gray line in a post.)

I know that a recent post indicated how to add an avatar - the same basic steps apply for creating a signature - not sure how many people know that fact (as I didn't - I kept looking under 'Profile', until I discovered it in 'Settings' instead.)

Of course, I have now updated my signature to show my Game Center name, and will update as my game levels change.

Thanks as always!

Rick McEntire
    Great ideas, Nana and Madame Graylady. I hereby bequeath the South Lawn of the palace garden to be the Friend Zone.

ElaineD1717
    Nice avatar, Sandssmith. Makes me think of summer. It's been bitterly cold here in Boston. I dream of canoes and sun filled summer days.

sandssmith
    Elaine,

Thanks! I'm in NH sharing the cold myself, and the picture is from Mt. Desert Island campground (and Acadia National Park!) Saw a loon swim right under that dock when I was there.

Marigold
    Thanks, Graylady, Nana and Sandssmith,
    These bits of info are quite valuable when you are a beginner. It is a bit daunting to navigate the forums. I am sure I have placed comments in incorrect spots, but I am sure we'll all get the hang of it one day.
    Good luck Graylady, quite a job ahead of you.
    Hey, I now have an avatar picture and a signature. Things are lookin' up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Graylady and Kuen, a suggestion.

Friend issues are the Number 1 most frequently posted about on the Forum. Folks come into the forum frantic and/or upset about this issue and don't take even a few seconds to look around and see if there is thread - they just rush to post their frustration.

Nothing will stop this from happening, I suppose, but I think it could be greatly reduced. Eliminate the Category "Fan Art" - it never really took off. Replace it with "Friend Issues" - create a "sticky" post (always first, always at the top, no matter how many thread pages there are) and label it Common Issues and Fixes, or some such.

Many newbies don't know their way around the Forum, but they all will start out on the main start page and hopefully see this permanent category and maybe even use it.

Nana,

We still want to keep the Fan Art sub-forum for the future ( hopefully Township will get more popular!) As for the friends issues, we will think about it for sure!

Hi Kuen. Just throwing ideas out there to see what sticks!