Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin and Jane?

Austin and Jane?

I just noticed on Youtube that Gardenscapes Official posted a short Valentine's video earlier showing the new pond area and hinting about Austin and Jane.

Personally, I think Austin seems a bit... old for Jane? I don't know... maybe due to my dislike of Austin, I just don't think they seem like a good match...

What do you think of the pair?
    Gardenscapes - New Acres Level 2255
    Hating Austin with a passion

Homescapes Level 500
    Austin in observation

I personally think that it's the moustache that makes Austin look older (and I want to believe he's younger than he looks)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya Smirnova View Post
    I personally think that it's the moustache that makes Austin look older (and I want to believe he's younger than he looks)
    Or his receding hair line? lol
    Gardenscapes - New Acres Level 2255
    Hating Austin with a passion

Homescapes Level 500
    Austin in observation

Does it even say her age? She could easily be well into her 30s and Austin in his 40/50s, which is not that abnormal. I don't think it says what age the NPCs are and age can be deceiving.

All for Jane and Austin!

Quote Originally Posted by shushu927 View Post

I just noticed on Youtube that Gardenscapes Official posted a short Valentine's video earlier showing the new pond area and hinting about Austin and Jane.

Personally, I think Austin seems a bit... old for Jane? I don't know... maybe due to my dislike of Austin, I just don't think they seem like a good match...

What do you think of the pair?
    Thank you for posting this question, shushu927!! Personally, I love the idea of Jane and Austin (and not only because Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors, lol)!!!! In fact, one of the main reasons I have been sticking with the game is to follow Jane and Austin's relationship as it (hopefully) blossoms! Age is just a number; it's the chemistry that matters! Jane would definitely be Austin's better half, if they did eventually become a couple. For example, he even dove into the lake for the special shells for Jane!

Haha, I don't know why I'm so invested in their potential relationship, but I believe!

Kudos to all the developers, designers, staff of the Gardenscapes game for a phenomenal game-world in an app!!!!!!!
    Last edited by kelster44; 01-04-2018 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Remove youtube video from quote area

Except Patrick Stewert had lost nearly all his hair by the time he was in his mid 20's. So, a receeding hairline says nothing about Austin's age.

But as for what I think about Jane and Austin as a couple, I'm against it. (I'm also against Austin and Katherine in Homescapes). I'm pretty much against him hooking up with any woman in game. I'd probably not like him being coupled with anyone in the game (because I have a crush on him - so it's not exactly fair of me to him).

I think there's generally a lot of room for interpretation when it comes to characters, let alone Austin in particular. Like others have pointed out receding hairline or moustache don't define his age.

Can't say I'm sure I'd want to see them in a relationship but it's sure nice that there's a possibility of that happening.

I like the ideas too. Jane is so special that she will never be just an innocent girl who knows nothing but to wait for her Prince Charming. She is funny, independent, loves her job and smart!!! But I am a bit worried that Austin has another childhood sweetheart Katherine in Homescapes, and seems his parents want them together so badly. Oh my!!! Can't believe why the developing team creates such a chaos and what could that be as it goes. I can not accept that Austin may have two different girlfriends in each game! That's insane.

You are so cute, Marijke! I laughed so hard. Maybe the devs should introduce a new character, named Marijke, haha. I would vote for this.

I think, Austin should get a partner, he should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ppracie View Post
    I like the ideas too. Jane is so special that she will never be just an innocent girl who knows nothing but to wait for her Prince Charming. She is funny, independent, loves her job and smart!!! But I am a bit worried that Austin has another childhood sweetheart Katherine in Homescapes, and seems his parents want them together so badly. Oh my!!! Can't believe why the developing team creates such a chaos and what could that be as it goes. I can not accept that Austin may have two different girlfriends in each game! That's insane.
    No, that's modern. lol
    Jane and Austin would fit very well in my opinion. There are big feelings. Austin and Katherine know each other for a very long time, it would be a bit boring.