Thread: The Ships to the Islands & getting gyped on ingots...

The Ships to the Islands & getting gyped on ingots...

4 platinum ingots to Tropica yielded $2., clippers and a hat. 4 Gold ingots to Olivia got $2. & a board. It's not worth the ingots to get stuff we can get by just playing the game. For ingots we have to collect tools from several trains and/or buy them in the store if it's a good deal, then mine the ore, forge the ingots one at a time, collect the ingots one at a time, save them up to use them for $2.00 or zoo tools????? It makes more sense to NOT use ingots for the islanders. We need ingots for jewelry, purchases, special projects and upgrades. It makes no sense to waste their value for common items.

Hi Linda

I agree with you about the (possible) chests earned when using ingots. The only reason to use ingots is to get the second or third product from the island.

I think the primary purpose to use ingots is to get around the world products for central museum which you cant get from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbaggins View Post
    I think the primary purpose to use ingots is to get around the world products for central museum which you cant get from other sources.
    The primary reason to add ingots is to get the second and third product from the island. The chest is a random bonus that may contain an artifact.

See this link about the islands and ingots HERE

W can get the 2nd and 3rd items by playing the game without using ingots. At one time I have had 50+ of the additional items without spending one ingot. The more frequent the ships go out the more variety they bring back. My ships are idle only when I am asleep and that's not very often.

Hi Linda

I agree with you that we can get some regularly. Mainly by sending the 4 ships to the same island. But you are never sure how many you will get. I have seen time where I received 0. Doing a regatta task, you need to be sure to get those products and the solution is to use the proper ingots. You want to avoid having to take 2 trips if you can do the task in 1 trip to the island.

When you are doing a task to get watermelons the ingots guarantee getting them, saving having to send a ship again. It also ensures you get 3 of each item if you spend to get 100% chance.