Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: requesting help

Phoebe, my FB is used only for the purpose of linking to Township to protect my game in the event of my iPad getting stood on, or whatever. The account isn't fake - it's me using it, after all. I just use it only for Township stuff. I'm not bothered about adding gazillions of FB friends in-game as I want my crates to give clovers to my teammates, not FB strangers, but that's just my personal choice. It would certainly solve your problem of being friendless. You'll also find many co ops insist you have FB, since in-game chat isn't the most efficient way to comminucate with everybody at once.

So there are several reasons it's useful that make the minimal hassle of creating a Township-only account worthwhile, imo. But you're not forced to have any FB friends attached to the account if you don't want to - it can just be your protection against losing the game.
    Last edited by Bessville; 09-18-2018 at 09:52 AM.

So how do you go about setting up a FB account just for the game? You would have to use a different name I'm sure, and if I remember right I think they ask for personal info like your birthdate, phone number etc. So how do you get around this?

I created an email address with mail.com, as I’ve found it to be by far the easiest email provider to set up with. (I actually made it for this forum, so I already had it handy).

Then I made a new FB. My name is “Nevada Township”, all my other information I entered is correct. I did not use a phone number to sign up, just email (there’s an option underneath the phone number box to use email instead). They sent a code to the email address, which I entered, and there it was. New account.

Then I searched Township and just started adding people.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I just set up the new email with mail.com, btw did you use your real name for the email and Nevada Township just for FB or for both? t Anyway I also set up the new FB account - I put Derry Township on both b/c I wasn't sure. But I don't remember how to link FB to my game, I just went into the friends bar in my game and clicked where it says Log in with FB, then I get taken to a FB page that says Township Mobile app page and a place to click Play Game. But then it just goes to a blank page! It is opening with my tablet's browser (Silk) instead of the way I always opened it just clicking on the app icon. I must have done something wrong but don't know what. Problem time again!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-23-2018 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe13 View Post
    I just set up the new email with mail.com, btw did you use your real name for the email and Nevada Township just for FB or for both? t Anyway I also set up the new FB account - I put Derry Township on both b/c I wasn't sure. But I don't remember how to link FB to my game, I just went into the friends bar in my game and clicked where it says Log in with FB, then I get taken to a FB page that says Township app page and a place to click Play Game. But then it just goes to a blank page! It is opening with my tablet's browser (Silk) instead of the way I always opened it just clicking on the app icon. I must have done something wrong but don't know what. Problem time again!
    You just need to open the game, go to Settings and the first option, right above Help and Support, is the connect to facebook button.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I did that, but that is connecting to the wrong FB account! It is connecting it to my real FB instead of the one I set up for the game (as Nevada explained above). It didn't give me the option to enter a name for the account or an email or anything, it is using the one I had to begin with. I don't know what to do!!!

I did that, but that is connecting to the wrong FB account! It is connecting it to my real FB instead of the one I set up for the game (as Nevada explained above). It didn't give me the option to enter a name for the account or an email or anything, it is using the one I had to begin with. I don't know what to do!!!
    That happens when you are connected to the 'real' account on your device, it will pick it up automatically. So disconnect from the facebook app, and from the browser if you have any fb pages open there, and try again.

Edit: you can also check out this thread for detailed instructions how to switch fb accounts.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-23-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    FORUM RULES

I followed everyone's advice from that thread and it looks like I finally have it sorted. Took me a couple of hours but I think it's okay now. Thanks!

I followed everyone's advice from that thread and it looks like I finally have it sorted. Took me a couple of hours but I think it's okay now. Thanks!
    You're welcome, glad it's all sorted out!
    FORUM RULES

Now will there be a problem when I go back in to my 'real' facebook through the app? I will be out of township then of course.

Nevada, when you said you searched Township did you mean did a search on FB in your TS Only account? Cos I am not finding it in game.

Also I can't find my code any more either!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-23-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: merged