Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: requesting help

windypines

requesting help

I'm just wondering what the proper protocol is for requesting help. Some people request help with every train and plane for every order! I generally request help once in a while, when I'm really strapped for time. I do help others, but usually regret it when my train comes in needing that very item I gave just away! Do most people even bother with this? I suppose those on much higher levels have an easier time helping out. Just wondering what u all do. To me it doesn't seem woth it.

Marigold
    Quote Originally Posted by windypines View Post
    I'm just wondering what the proper protocol is for requesting help. Some people request help with every train and plane for every order! I generally request help once in a while, when I'm really strapped for time. I do help others, but usually regret it when my train comes in needing that very item I gave just away! Do most people even bother with this? I suppose those on much higher levels have an easier time helping out. Just wondering what u all do. To me it doesn't seem woth it.
    Hi windy pines, I don't think there are any formal protocols to request help. I am sure most people have their own strategies though. I do not ask for help unless I am up against it. I really like to try and produce all my own goods, whether it be by production, market or dealer. After all, this is what the game is about. It is a good feeling though to receive help, but in my case it's always a last resort to ask!
    For those I help, here is my plan of action. I help for two reasons, a. The clovers, b. I am community minded and help in a community is good. I always help my long time friends first, sometimes even running my barn short. For those Not on my friends list, I check out their farms and if I see they are growing the crop in question I don't help. Sometimes I find people will ask for wheat. That's generally laziness I reckon as wheat is a quick crop.I find most people need the same goods, sugar, corn chips, fish, syrup.
    I always help Ralph and Nana as it is a fight to get to their train/ plane first. Dunno why?

Marigold

Lightbox
    I do it just because it helps clean my overstuffed barn, it's also sort of fun helping strangers out. I'm one of those shadow head people so most of the time no one knows it's me. If I get a clover then cool.. if not then I still gained room in the barn.

Hi Marigold. Normally, I always try to ask for help with something I have in stock, just to give lower level friends a chance to get clovers. But, I will be honest - with my tax season work load right now, I am unable to keep up the way I should be and the trains have become quite demanding. Almost like the planes, so I am seriously looking for help where I normally might not be! Thanks to you and Ralph for many a rescue when my time is short!!! xoxo

Ashley Montgomery
    Quote Originally Posted by windypines View Post
    I ask for help because it gives other the chance to get clovers to get items at the house of luck. You get paid in coins and XP for the items you give, so there is no loss. The group I have for friends all ask for help every day, several times a day...including myself. I like to help out . Plus, like I mentioned, it gives clovers.
    Ash

I am a new player and trying to get clovers for the house of luck. How do I go about helping others? Do I have to wait until they ask me personally or how does it work? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe13 View Post
    I am a new player and trying to get clovers for the house of luck. How do I go about helping others? Do I have to wait until they ask me personally or how does it work? Any advice greatly appreciated.
    First, you will want to get as many friends as you can. You can add friends:
    - by adding random players from the "Find Friends" tab
    - add them via the "Invite Friends" button if you know their code
    - if you have your game connected to facebook, you can add more friends there.

Once you have friends in your Friends list, any time one of them will flag a train/plane crate, they will show up in your ! tab, and you can go help with filling the marked crates.

Keep in mind, at least in the very beginning, add friends that are around the same level as you are, since those higher level players will have a lot if items that you cannot produce yet, so you won't be able to help them very much.

When you reach level 19, you can join a co-op, and can also earn clovers by filling in-chat requests.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
    For those Not on my friends list, I check out their farms and if I see they are growing the crop in question I don't help.
    Remember that what you see in someone else's town is not necessarily up-to-date. They could be growing that crop but you wouldn't know it because you are looking at a picture of how their town looked an hour ago. I don't know how long a lag can last, but I have experienced one of 90+ minutes with a co-op teammate.

Town name: Crabgrass Meadows
    Co-op: Peachville co-op, #PENRV9
    Level 66
    Playing on Samsung S8 phone
    Last edited by Calypso; 09-16-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: clarity

Cheers for your reply. So I have a couple questions, first how will I know the people' s codes? I don't really want to connect my game to FB b/c I don't want to spam my FB friends with game posts and I doubt many of them play anyway.
    Also, where is that ! tab you mentioned? Don't think I've ever noticed that.
    Thanks again

Phoebe Cristina
    Level 17 (almost 18!)
    Town name Derry
    Playing on Amazon Fire tablet