Where did the ads go that you could watch to get a free diamond or coins?
When I first started playing Fishdom and then Gardenscapes I saw the number one complaint on both was that it is too hard to get coins or diamonds. Followed by the complaint that levels get impossible to beat without extra lives and bombs, so you need coins.
Then we got the ad options and the chance to get a freebie and that was great, it made the game perfect. Yesterday I noticed there were only like 2 ads and today nothing.
Since I really wanted the Valentine fish I purchased coins for the first tme ever in a game. They lasted me long enough to get through 2 levels.
Lesson learned, buying coins is an expense I can do without because you go through them much too quickly. I knew that already, but paying for them really puts a new perpective on it.
I know developers need money too, but not everyone can afford to spend money to beat levels that get proggressively impossible to beat. Maybe you could charge a one-time game buyer's fee after a trial period, sell coins but keep the optional ads. Whoever wants to watch them and get free stuff watches them and whoever hates ads doesn't watch and everyone is happy.