Thread: I'm done with this game and level 156 did it

I'm done with this game and level 156 did it

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Gardenscapes. It's fun but getting stuck on a level is a real drag. The random chance aspect of it is especially annoying. Right now I have 7 disks. In most levels these are almost useless. You select one, it get placed randomly and then you start playing. On a level that starts out with very few possible moves you will quickly get to the point where it is the only move and then you have to waste it. Same with bombs. There are some levels, like the ones with rocks, where bombs often give you a good head start. But because of their random placement, they are usually too close together so they both blow up at once.

But now I've gotten to level 156. It's a timed level, which I've always hated with a passion. I see Gardenscapes as a strategy game. You pick the perfect move, make a move that will set you up for making a bomb in the next move, etc. but in timed levels you're just randomly matching and hoping a bomb happens to appear in the right place. You don't even have time to choose how to use a disk. Very frustrating. But eventually you get the right combination and you finish the level. I'm often surprised when the level ends because I wasn't keeping track of how far I had to go.

But level 156 takes frustration to a new level. There aren't a lot of types so matches are happening constantly. You'll see a good bomb making match and it will disappear. I've played the level around 20 times and I'm expecting it to take another 30 before I can get through it.

I also see Gardenscapes as a "casual" game. But there's nothing casual about a timed level. It's all about making moves as fast as you can, watching the clock get to zero and then wanting to throw your iPad across the room

So until there's a way to automatically blow past a level after 50 tries, switch a timed level to a move based level, or a way to start a level with 4 TNT canisters, I'm done. There are lots of matching games out there. Time for me to find a new one

There are lots of matching games out there but none are built with the quality of Gardenscapes! I do agree timed levels are a totally different mind set. My advice as always on timed levels is to stop watching the clock, and while making moves like crazy is important, often if you go too quickly you'll miss those key moves that create the dynamites or bombs needed to make the clear a little less stressful. You do want to work quickly but there is still a bit of strategy to be found despite the pressure timed levels put on us. Slow down just a little, keep making important matches and you'll will succeed.

Hi guys! The issue of timed levels is being carefully investigated at the moment and we've come up with a few things to make them easier for our players. Some of them we've already implemented in the last update and some of them are coming in the next. So we're working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    Hi guys! The issue of timed levels is being carefully investigated at the moment and we've come up with a few things to make them easier for our players. Some of them we've already implemented in the last update and some of them are coming in the next. So we're working on it!

Just wait until you get to level 984 and you are required to make a TNT in an impossibly cramped space.