Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A TARDIS for my town please!!

A TARDIS for my town please!!

As I am not the only Whoite in my co-op, I know I'm not alone in wanting a bright blue public police call box to place in my town. Please add the TARDIS from Doctor Who to the decorations!!

The correct term is "Whovian" actually, and the addition of a TARDIS, while fantastic, could be an issue for licensing or copyrights or what have you. I'd love to see it! I just hope it would be legally possible.

I was about to suggest the same, but searched first!!
    there should be no copyright issue as the Tardis from doctor who is a common old Police box, as we have a old style phone box in game currently i cant see any reason why it would be an issue

Brilliant!

Whovian's unite! Jelly baby for your thoughts?
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Dr Who? I watched that serie a long long time ago and as I remember it the Time machine (=Tardis) was a red phone cell.
    Tardis.jpg
    We indeed do have one in the game. Maybe it is time to upgrade this old fashioned decoration?
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

The TARDIS is most definitely blue. Always has been (except for one random before-my-time when it was painted pink).

It is not a telephone box (where one could put in some money and call any phone number), but a police call box, where one could simply call the police if required. These are always blue.

And bow ties are cool.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Thanks, Nevada, for resetting my brain

It remains special how the human brain works.
    My memory of Tom Baker as Dr. Who has always been linked to that red colossus in my own time journey.
    Probably because Police boxes did not exist in the street scene of my childhood.
    With us the telephone boxes were light green and indeed there you had to throw in coins and dial a number with a dial for example to make an appointment with your doctor.
    {aha, do you see the connection *g*)

At that time watching TV was something very special. The neighbors across the street had that ...
    And when my parents finally bought a TV themselves, it was of course a black and white device.
    No idea if I have seen the episodes with 'the fourth doctor' in color or still in black and white.

Looking back at how television was made with the sets and special effects at the time, there is a big difference with what is possible today.
    Time is also flying with regard to development in electronics.
    Only a few years ago we said goodbye to the '3D' television (the third D stands for 'depth'. Behind the current flat screen there was a large cupboard because the screen was a huge lamp)

Back to Dr Who... I guess I have watched the series for two to three years
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Dr Who? I watched that serie a long long time ago and as I remember it the Time machine (=Tardis) was a red phone cell.
    We indeed do have one in the game. Maybe it is time to upgrade this old fashioned decoration?
    Ruud...Ruud...Ruud......

Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-08-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Sorry Ruud! Did it again...mispelled ur name...plz feel free 2 smack my head now. ;)
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Associated products: extra-long scarves at the tailor's, spaghetti from Italian restaurant for the ood, almost endless list.....

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Rudd...Rudd...Rudd......
    I know.... I know...
    It is time for me to visit alzheimerstartshere.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Associated products: extra-long scarves at the tailor's, spaghetti from Italian restaurant for the ood, almost endless list.....
    Sounds to me like a great idea for a new Event or Yacht club season. Thumbs up!