Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tip on why I reject orders

Suze
    The only orders I reject are: ingots off Mafia guy, very large multiples, usually because of barn space, and any which I haven't got the stock and it takes a long time to produce. I do nearly all other orders, including the small ones. Don't forget, these small orders do add up, both with xp and coins, and I've always found them to be worth doing.

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Cec View Post
    But....
    I also think there is a bad mojo curse! If they see your desperate and you dump an item from your barn, you'll never be blessed with it again. Maybe it's my old Catholic guilt trip reading its ugly ill' head, but first I had a plethora of nails, then paint. I sold a tiny bit of these once, and it practically dried up. So if my breath is a little chalky, it's because I'm eating bricks instead of bread.

Just sayin...
    I had exactly the same experience: was forced to sell nails waiting for red paint. Suddenly red paint was falling from the sky (gold balloons), in all chests, trains, planes -- I was swimming in it. I've now finally received the last nail I've needed for several days. The barn gods don't like it when we're ungrateful and mess with their plans.

I've found the construction gods to be much more tolerant of selling off excess, so I stick to that, and haven't sold a single barn item since, even though I've got more than twice the hammers I'll need for the *next* upgrade, in addition to this one.

I haven't even briefly considered the insanity of selling off a land clearing item -- I'd never see another shovel again, I'm sure.

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyD View Post
    Anyone who uses the market a good deal knows that the market is proactively helpful in filling outstanding trains, planes, and orders. The other day I noticed that seven of my nine orders were multiples, ranging from x5 to x13. One of these is an order for the purple rubber thingies x9. In the past I've scoffed "as if!" as I quickly deleted such a silly request, but for whatever reason I failed to do this. The next market had 7 rubber things, the one after had 5 or 6. I am now constantly trying to figure out new ways to use my glut of these things (I've got flip-flops galore in the factory), but won't fill the order, because the market will likely stop giving them out quite so freely. I'm experiencing the same with the ice cream cones (x6), and a few other items I've left hanging out in the order section.
    Well, it was a great ride while it lasted, all the purple rubber thingies I could handle for 5 months, but I accidentally filled it yesterday, and haven't seen more than 2 in the market since, after having become accustomed to anywhere from 8 to 13. Drat and damn my seeming lack of hand-eye coordination.

Well, the order was quickly replaced with a request for caramel in white pots x5, so it's not all bad, I suppose, as I'm keeping that one around for now -- hate making those things, too much sugar and syrup to make.

Has anyone tried doing this as well? It has proven to be quite reliable for me over these months.

Mitchell
    Well, it was a great ride while it lasted, all the purple rubber thingies I could handle for 5 months, but I accidentally filled it yesterday, and haven't seen more than 2 in the market since, after having become accustomed to anywhere from 8 to 13. Drat and damn my seeming lack of hand-eye coordination.

Well, the order was quickly replaced with a request for caramel in white pots x5, so it's not all bad, I suppose, as I'm keeping that one around for now -- hate making those things, too much sugar and syrup to make.

Has anyone tried doing this as well? It has proven to be quite reliable for me over these months.
    SuzyD, I haven't yet wrapped my head around your calculations. (Oh, now I get it!) However, I realized that I was getting lots of rubber pots in the market, so I simply stopped planting those trees. The quantity I receive from the market every day keeps my factory humming.

I grab silk when I can get it. I no longer plant silk worm trees, either! If the market sells the worms or the bolts, I'm happy. Otherwise, I just make shirts and sweaters all day.
    Last edited by Mitchell; 11-18-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Doh! Now I get SuzyD's strategy

Bobby1172

SuzyD, I'm sure it's a silly question, but what are the purple rubber thingies? I'm at level 77, but I don't seem to have anything purple, other than lamps (more pinkish) and items made from grapes.

In keeping with the thread, when I started to play this game, I spent a lot of time reading comment by Graylady and Ralph. They give great advice. So, I too delete all order worth under 500 coins, multiples of the same item and ingots.

Itswtvr
    Bobby, the rubber in your rubber factory. It looks like a rolled up yoga mat

I have really enjoyed reading through this thread and it has really helped me with the game. Now generally speaking, I am leaving those that require lots of fields unless it is quick to grow. I still enjoy filling those kind of orders for friends though. I look at the XP and the price, as I am only on level 48, so those levels are important to me. I do prioritise the trains and airplanes though as I need the ingots and building materials to progress. Happy gaming!

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    SuzyD, I haven't yet wrapped my head around your calculations. (Oh, now I get it!) However, I realized that I was getting lots of rubber pots in the market, so I simply stopped planting those trees. The quantity I receive from the market every day keeps my factory humming.

I grab silk when I can get it. I no longer plant silk worm trees, either! If the market sells the worms or the bolts, I'm happy. Otherwise, I just make shirts and sweaters all day.
    Hi Mitch, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear -- it's weird how stuff sometimes looks ok to us, but when we look again from an "outside" perspective, it made no sense at all.

After accidentally filling another helicopter order (I've now figured out this happens when the game automatically pops in a "ready to be filled" order while you're doing something else, so you tap to send it, rather than whatever you meant to do -- not helpful), I then received an order for 8x tortilla chips, which I'm not filling. Now, my market is offering many, many tortilla chips nearly every time it refreshes, so I have a nearly bottomless supply. I don't like making them, so this is very nice (though the rubber things were way nicer, as having lots of those freed up the rubber factory).

I have similar orders for multiple butters and cheeses and other items we need all the time, and the market is doing a reasonably good job of providing the items most of the time. So, I'm in agreement with whoever recommended not filling orders requesting multiple items, but rather than zapping them, I let them sit around and conjure the needed items.

This likely isn't a strategy for many, because it does limit the number of new orders coming in, but it works nicely for me, as I usually don't do that many helicopter orders, focusing mostly on helping friends and the plane. Some people have filled tens of thousands of orders, and this would likely just get in their way.

Oh, and congrats on still having a usable antique Kindle Fire -- you must have the magic touch!

I received a first gen one the Christmas they came out, but the charging port went wonky within months, as it did for many, many people, and as happens on very many devices. I've been able to switch out the charging ports on a few other devices, but the Kindle Fire has it soldered in, so that's not an option for anyone but expert solderers, which I am most definitely NOT.

Genevieve Logan
    Don't hate the mafia guys when they ask for ingots.
    It's just a place-holder order until you get high enough to build a jewelry store.
    At that point, those requests for ingots will be interspersed with request for lockets.
    Order reward for lockets is coin and T-cash.
    I am still building my jewelry store but I have been getting lockets from turning in 5 clovers.
    Don't waste your ingots making those lockets, just wait until you win them.
    As for the mafia guys, if they offer T-cash before you can fill it, just hold onto that order until you can.
    It's free and one of the few ways of getting T-cash from within the game.

petcircus 5
    Picking up strategies from this forum, I've created my own no, no's.

1) I don't deal with mafia guy at all
    2) I don't fill multiple order requests
    3) I don't fill orders that are less than 600 coins