Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Friend Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    Hi there

I have read all these pages with great interest regarding friend requests. I have had to friend request all 50 of my friends and l know that l do not appear in anyone's Find Friends. At first l thought it was due to sharing the Game Center with my husband so l set up my own account but still no joy. I am on level 86 and have friends who range from level 63 to 111. I have filled over 7000 crates for other people including those who are not my friends and no one other than my friends have filled mine. I have reported this issue which is still open and get a reply every 10 to 14 days! However I have just been told to install the latest version ( which I already had done) or that friend requests are random so just keep hoping it will happen. There is a fault which means that some of us are playing with a real disadvantage.

Fallon
    Hi Fallon

I really don't know how you can tell you don't appear on other players "Find Friends" tab. There are hundred of thousands of players.

If you say that because you never received an invitation, here is another possibility. Do you appear with an avatar in the game or just a silhouette ? If you don't have an avatar, that may well be the reason you don't receive invitation. Players want to recognize who fill their train/plane or gift.

I never received an invitation for friendship even though I helped over 5,000 times. I don't have an avater in the game.

Fallon
    Hi Graylady

I do have an Avatar and all my friends have Avatars so this is how l know that no one other than my friends fill my crates. My husband has fifty friends and they all friend requested him he has never had to friend request anyone. I friend request people who have helped lots of others and because l see them filling my friends crates. I have played Township for 431 consecutive days and l can play all day long as l work from home. Do you not think that it is odd that no other player has never even filled one of my crates? The comments l have read here are the same story they either don't get any friend requests or they get inundated.

I have always wondered why some people don't have avatars is it by choice or is there another reason?

Fallon :-)

Hi Fallon

I don't have an avatar because I'm not on Facebook and Township do not pick up my avatar on Google+. Most people that don't have an avatar is because they don't use Facebook. We all wish we could add our avatar directly into the game.

I don't remember having help by unknown player. My guess on that is that most players prefer to help people at lower level. But, like you say, maybe we don't show that often in the Finding Friends tab.

As I'm near the 50 friends limit within the game, I could not accept many more requests any way.

P.S. We started playing about the same time I am at 438 days.

Fallon
    Hi Graylady

I don't do Facebook either but I play through the Game Center which is why l am able to have an Avatar. I do hope it changes for you at some point it may sound strange but having an Avatar gives players a personality! And as you can gather from my rantings I just want us all to have a level playing field:-)

Fallon

Hi Fallon

I agree with you. It is much more fun to see an avatar then a silhouette. I've been suggesting another way then Facebook to get an avater into the game since the very beginning. The only suggestion I got was to get on Facebook LOL If I'm penalized for not being on Facebook, I'm ready to live with it as I can play the game fine as it is.

Fallon
    Hi Graylady

I know nothing about Facebook as like you l am not interested in it however my sister is an expert. Apparently you can have it set so high that no one can actually see you! Would you not consider setting up an account like that just to have an Avatar but no social interaction. Trust me it will give you a whole different experience to Township once you have one. There are two players one on level 124 and one on 162 and we share many of the same friends and l can't tell you how much l chuckle when l fill a crate before they do and this only happens because l can identify them. Please consider it as l promise you it will make the game even better.

By the way what level are you on?

Fallon

Hi Fallon

Sorry but I won't bother with Facebook just to get an avatar for this game. As for my level, as mentioned in my signature, I am at level 91. I have enough friends in the game to have fun

Fallon
    Hi Graylady

Thank you for pointing out about your level being in your signature I totally missed that! I appreciate what you are saying about having enough friends my husband is always telling me that he plays Township in his own way and that just because I am so competitive I should not force my believes on others! I hope we cross paths in the game one day:-)

Fallon

Hi Fallon

The devs are looking into a way for our unique code working across platform so maybe with the next level we will be able to exchange our code and be friends

I'm more like your husband and I'm not competitive at all LOL But it would be nice to visit your town

Etta001
    I'm at level 44 and just started playing 2 months ago and I really enjoy the game. I'm at the point where I cannot invite more than 50 friends via the game.
    Etta
    Town: Classic Place
    GameCircle ID:QS7JPH
    Android and on Facebook.