Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Friend Requests

SML+61
    Hi There,
    One way I have been able to determine if a friend is no longer playing is to keep an eye on their statistics, for example, if their number of orders filled is not increasing anymore. Like you, Marigold, I have some great helpers in my pending tab who I also like to help and I'm assuming that they've reached their in-game friend limit. I've added my game center ID to my welcome sign in the hopes they might notice and send an invitation that way. We'll see if that works! If there's another way, I'd be glad to know it!

Vivian
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineD1717 View Post
    Hi Vivian ...I would love to be friends but I haven't found you on my list and gotten a friend request. Would it be a different picture than that beautiful white dog who is laying down? Would there be another name? Let's keep trying.

Marigold...I was delighted when that orange Marigold showed up on my friends list. It's certainly distinctive and you can't forget your name!!!
    I was wondering about the name difference.On township it's ,Vivian & on Game Center it's Viv/? . Avatar is the dog laying down! She is my little Sophie. She was abandoned out in the middle of nowhere so I adopted her. Thanks for saying she is beautiful . Most people say she is ugly Poor little thing" So now you see we are already friends on the forum but not in the game I find that confusing.
    Last edited by Vivian; 03-11-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Barbara-Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecka1 View Post
    Limits...how annoying will keep trying then i guess..thanks

Well right now we can tell if they are playing by looking at the event and see if they are

never mind just looked, for some reason I was thinking if they were not doing the event our neighbors would not have people walking around. Oh Well! I wish there was an easier way to tell...
    Last edited by Barbara-Jean; 03-11-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    I was wondering about the name difference.On township it's ,Vivian & on Game Center it's Viv/? . Avatar is the dog laying down! She is my little Sophie. She was abandoned out in the middle of nowhere so I adopted her. Thanks for saying she is beautiful . Most people say she is ugly Poor little thing" So now you see we are already friends on the forum but not in the game I find that confusing.
    Hi Vivian

The forums are a completely separate system. No relation with the game at all. So we can be friends here, on the forums, and not be friends in the game.

When you say your name in Township is Vivian instead of your GC name, are you connected to Facebook as well by any chance ? If so, is your name there Vivian ?

Al Golfo
    Hi there,

i've a little question to add friends. I search auround in this forum and i found nothing.

Is it possible to add friends between iOs and Android? My system is an iPad (iOs 5.1.1) with the last TownshipUpdate and my friends play on android. I send an request but they cant accept this one and the other way the same (Android to iOs).
    I dont use Facebook but we want play this game togehter.

Sorry for my "bad" english but i hope you understand my question

Greetings from Berlin Germany.

played an iPad 1
    username: Al-Golfo

Hi Al and welcome to the forums

Right now the new code system doesn't work between different OS. Even if your friend enter your code, you don't receive the request. The devs are aware of the problem and are working on it. Let us wish this will be solved before they launch the next upgrade of the game.

The only other way is, for both players to use Facebook, which you don't.

Suze
    Graylady, I play on iOS and my sister on Android, and we went through the friends request system using the codes. We have received each other's requests but are both still at 'pending', and we can visit each other's towns.

Fallon
    Hi there

I have read all these pages with great interest regarding friend requests. I have had to friend request all 50 of my friends and l know that l do not appear in anyone's Find Friends. At first l thought it was due to sharing the Game Center with my husband so l set up my own account but still no joy. I am on level 86 and have friends who range from level 63 to 111. I have filled over 7000 crates for other people including those who are not my friends and no one other than my friends have filled mine. I have reported this issue which is still open and get a reply every 10 to 14 days! However I have just been told to install the latest version ( which I already had done) or that friend requests are random so just keep hoping it will happen. There is a fault which means that some of us are playing with a real disadvantage.

Fallon

sandssmith
    Fallon,

If I understand you, you are not getting random friends to friend you or help you?

I'm sorry to hear that, if so.

However, we here on the forum are usually glad to make friends, both in writing and in the game itself.

One of the best ways to make that happen is to add a signature to your post, in which you give your Game Center ID (and I recommend noting if you play on iOS or Mac OS X, although if you are just looking to get the 'friends' achievement, or more friends for your boxes, I'm not sure it matters) or your unique 'friend' code from Township - or both!

You can add a signature from the Settings page on the main Forum page.

I really hope this helps! If this is 'old news' to you, please forgive me!

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Graylady, I play on iOS and my sister on Android, and we went through the friends request system using the codes. We have received each other's requests but are both still at 'pending', and we can visit each other's towns.
    Hi Suze

Yes, that is the most we can do right now. Nobody get the "accept" button when both players are not on the same platform. None player can become a real friend. We can't send the other one a gift either.