Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Friend Requests

SuzyD
    Hi Elaine, I can't speak to iOS, but I finally received a friend request, and on Android it shows up as a red notification circle on the icon to access the Friend interface, and then the Pending tab.

SuzyD
    Quote Originally Posted by sandssmith View Post
    Graylady, I feel the same pain as you with the silhouette/no picture issue, although I am way behind you in giving help! (It is something to aspire to!) I really hoped that the latest 'fix' update (on Mac OS X at least) would take care of the 'silhouette' issue, but it appears not to be the case.

I don't think all players know to look at the Town Hall (or click the friend's picture area when in their town) to see the stats - especially the Friends Helped stat. If they did, I think more people would be willing to send friend requests to those of us who are silhouettes.
    Ah, well, such is life!
    I find the Town Hall stats to be an invaluable resource. Low gifting stats won't stop me from sending a request if I like the town, but a higher level player with 0 helps is an automatic buh-bye. (I mean really, you couldn't even help in the tutorial?)

Elaine: Whenever you're around. I received your friend request on GC. However, my GC seems to be fubar - I have accepted you umpteen times, but it just won't take. It's not just you either. I have had problems with it for several days.

Update: Well you made it to my friend list, Elaine. Not sure when it finally happened, but you're there now!
    Last edited by Nana; 03-05-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Update
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Ralph0989
    Nana... Had the same problem with Bob... It eventually took... Then he disappeared and we had to try again... Looks like Playrix is having some major issues with Game Center...

Actually, Ralph all my problems are on the Game Center end. I never ever have received any request from Rob, though I know he has tried and tried. He just doesn't show up for me in GC making a request.

If GC responded to my commands, but people didn't show up in Township - I would blame Township. However, that is not the case with me. Game Center is not responding no matter how many times I "accept" a request, it just will not take it!!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Graylady: As for the level of those players in the Finding Friends, it is the same receipe for everynone : more or less 12-13 levels below yours.

That was once the case for me, but many weeks ago. No longer. For example, today my Finding Friends are: 1 at Level 90; 1 at Level 91; 5 at Level 78. I am only Level 75. I get quite a mix of levels, both above, at, or below my level nearly every time these days. I am really enjoying the mix of levels and have many who chose me for friending - which is quite nice, since they like to help often too.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

ElaineD1717
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Elaine: Whenever you're around. I received your friend request on GC. However, my GC seems to be fubar - I have accepted you umpteen times, but it just won't take. It's not just you either. I have had problems with it for several days.

Update: Well you made it to my friend list, Elaine. Not sure when it finally happened, but you're there now!
    Nana...it was so nice to open my game today and to see you on my friends list. I've always wanted to see your town and it's wonderful!! I'm not happy that GameCenter can't be counted on to put through our requests but I'm happy to know that it is probably just a bug in the system if we make a friend request and don't get a response. It seems like a variety of problems can occur. With Ralph I saw that he accepted my invitation but then he never showed up in my list. He had to make a friend request to me.

So, everyone, if you don't hear from someone when you've asked to be friends, don't assume it's a rejection. Try again at a later time or send a private message. Most of us love having friends within this forum. I'd love to have all my friends be people I hear from within the forum each day. Only wish Graylady was iOS instead of android!

I play on my iPad and iPhone and would love new friends.

ElaineD1717
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzyD View Post
    I'm level 34, but I'm constantly being offered players in the low 20s. I enjoy helping newer people get started, but often the items I need help with aren't available to these players. How does the game decide which players it offers, and is there any way to skew it back to a more balanced group of people?

Also, what does an actual friend request look like? Or where does it appear? People in the pending tab say "awaiting reply," and I realized today that maybe I'm also receiving requests (I've never seen one), but since I don't know where to look, I may be ignoring people.

I'm not of the mindset that simply everyone must want to be my friend, but it can't be normal that I've never seen a single request. I could understand if my town was just stuff all over, with no design to it, as that might not appeal to many, but it's not, and my stats show that I gift often, so I must be missing something.

Thanks for any insight!
    Hi SuzyD...like yourself, I received a friend request today. It showed up on my opening screen. At the top of the GameCenter icon there was a #1. When I clicked on it I went to GC and there was the notification that I had a friend request and it had the person's avatar. I feel that I'm back in second grade, looking for friends and being willing to share my Hostess Twinkies with them if we can play together! Oh well, it's nice for a change, not to be acting my age! Here's to new friends!! Precious at any age.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyD View Post
    Hi Graylady, thank you for your reply. As if on cue, as soon as I posted this thread, I received my first friend request (still just a silhouette, though). If anyone else is curious, a red notification circle with a number in it appears on the Friend icon in the lower left corner (Android version, anyway). Once in the Friend interface, the Pending tab also has a red circle, and the person has a green "Accept" button.

As for the level issue, both friend requests came from players higher than my level (40s and 60s), so your assessment seems pretty accurate.
    Hi SuzyD

Thanks a lot for the detailed infos on how it looks like to receive a friend request in Township. Good to know
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Vivian
    Hi Elaine I saw your name pop up on game centre also. We are already friends,so I Hope you connected with Marigold.