Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In-Game Friend Requests

SuzyD

Question In-Game Friend Requests

I'm level 34, but I'm constantly being offered players in the low 20s. I enjoy helping newer people get started, but often the items I need help with aren't available to these players. How does the game decide which players it offers, and is there any way to skew it back to a more balanced group of people?

Also, what does an actual friend request look like? Or where does it appear? People in the pending tab say "awaiting reply," and I realized today that maybe I'm also receiving requests (I've never seen one), but since I don't know where to look, I may be ignoring people.

I'm not of the mindset that simply everyone must want to be my friend, but it can't be normal that I've never seen a single request. I could understand if my town was just stuff all over, with no design to it, as that might not appeal to many, but it's not, and my stats show that I gift often, so I must be missing something.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi Suzy

I don't receive request either and I'm sure it is because I don't have an avatar in the game. Luckily, when I do send request people accept me as I've already helped others more then 3,000 times. People are ready to live with a faceless player in that case.

As seen in another of your post, you now have a picture on Facebook so maybe, when it will appear in the game, you will probably start getting requests.

As for the level of those players in the Finding Friends, it is the same receipe for everynone : more or less 12-13 levels below yours.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

ElaineD1717
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Suzy

I don't receive request either and I'm sure it is because I don't have an avatar in the game. Luckily, when I do send request people accept me as I've already helped others more then 3,000 times. People are ready to live with a faceless player in that case.

As seen in another of your post, you now have a picture on Facebook so maybe, when it will appear in the game, you will probably start getting requests.

As for the level of those players in the Finding Friends, it is the same receipe for everynone : more or less 12-13 levels below yours.
    I just wanted to join in here as I have never gotten a friend request either. I've often wondered where I should be looking for those requests. I do have a picture and a nice, well organized town with stats proving I often help people. So maybe we've stumbled upon a problem here. I make friend requests and lots of people have accepted and joined my friends list.

I also want to say that, almost exclusively, the daily potential friends that I am sent are at the 60 to 63 level and I'm at 53 so friends are not necessarily at lower levels. It would be interesting to hear how these levels are determined. It would be nice to have a list with all levels represented.

I have the opposite problem. I have probably gotten about 35 - 40 friend requests and accepted all but one (a story for another day). However, I have made only two friend requests and both were ignored. One was for Krystal Kove a frequent poster here, so I did have hurt feelings (kinda sorta). So, I no longer make requests! ha! I do have to say those I accepted have been very helpful friends.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Godfer55
    I've never received a friend request, have sent several and been accepted...and now GC friends are disappearing on a daily basis. So far I have 66 friends that no longer show up in my game. Most definitely Not

ElaineD1717
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfer55 View Post
    I've never received a friend request, have sent several and been accepted...and now GC friends are disappearing on a daily basis. So far I have 66 friends that no longer show up in my game. Most definitely Not
    Me thinks something's amiss here! I've made friend requests to people on this forum and not heard back and assumed they didn't want to be friends. Perhaps the problem is within the system versus our own attractiveness as friends! I never asked a second time as I thought that would be impolite. Maybe we should do some tests of some kind. Maybe we're all missing out on connecting with one another as friends. (I do realize that we need to be on the same operating system such as IOS or android)

Marigold
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineD1717 View Post
    Me thinks something's amiss here! I've made friend requests to people on this forum and not heard back and assumed they didn't want to be friends. Perhaps the problem is within the system versus our own attractiveness as friends! I never asked a second time as I thought that would be impolite. Maybe we should do some tests of some kind. Maybe we're all missing out on connecting with one another as friends. (I do realize that we need to be on the same operating system such as IOS or android)
    Hi Elaine, nana and all on this issue,
    Elaine,
    when I was trying to connect with Godfer through GC, you popped up (from somewhere) and I sent you a request but had no reply. I am confused a bit about making friends through GC, at the time Nana and Ralph were involved in our attempt and I accepted them and at the end I made 3 great new, very active friends. (Thanks for the banana bread, Ralph). Since then I have accepted 2 more requests for friend which I assume have both been received. They appear on my friends list, but I have had no activity from them. It's hard to know or guess just who accepts, as there is no 'denied' message received.
    Also of the 5 people involved in my 1st attempt at game centre 'stuff', 2 appear on my friend list under their real name. Is this correct!
    So please Elaine, ask a second time!

sandssmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post

Graylady, I feel the same pain as you with the silhouette/no picture issue, although I am way behind you in giving help! (It is something to aspire to!) I really hoped that the latest 'fix' update (on Mac OS X at least) would take care of the 'silhouette' issue, but it appears not to be the case.

I don't think all players know to look at the Town Hall (or click the friend's picture area when in their town) to see the stats - especially the Friends Helped stat. If they did, I think more people would be willing to send friend requests to those of us who are silhouettes.
    Ah, well, such is life!

Sandssmith

You are probably right. People may not know about that feature.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

SuzyD
    Hi Graylady, thank you for your reply. As if on cue, as soon as I posted this thread, I received my first friend request (still just a silhouette, though). If anyone else is curious, a red notification circle with a number in it appears on the Friend icon in the lower left corner (Android version, anyway). Once in the Friend interface, the Pending tab also has a red circle, and the person has a green "Accept" button.

As for the level issue, both friend requests came from players higher than my level (40s and 60s), so your assessment seems pretty accurate.