Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think of Austin?

Hate him... he's rubbed me wrong since I first started the game. Side characters are why I keep coming back. More Jane plz, but less Austin trying to get with her... ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtronic View Post
    I can't stand how Austin acts like a little kid when he's old. Plus he's a mommas boy.
    IMG_4524[1].jpg

Momma's boy Austin is sitting on Olivia's lap in Homescapes lol (the image is black and white due to the upload file size limit)

I find Austin kind of annoying but I think it is because his role in the game as butler is not well defined. He bassically tells you what you should do in the garden like plant trees or do treehouses, the ammount of things you can choose to do are very short.

And when you go to check his chats with his friends is always about HIS dog, HIS fountain, HIS garden. And it doesn't help that when you click on him sometimes he tells you "I am reading" or "I am not wasting my time, I am thinking"... or somethings that makes you feel you are interrupting him instead of make you feel he is there to help you.

I also agree with comments about his cellphone ringing. He looks like the owner of the garden and not the butler serving you. xD

Finally, I am just starting to play this game but so far I don't feel so free to make the garden look the way I want, like be able to buy things in the game and put them wherever I like in the garden instead of get what Austin tells me to get and put them in a specific place already set for the game.
    Last edited by Franco Masuoka; 10-08-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Freaky little dude says stuff he shouldn't know about me sometimes I think he listens to me like Siri. Def has an agenda😬
    Last night he spoke about marrying me and mentioned that Robbie is shady. Then said When its all said and done it will be just me and you in the garden. He must think I have a thing for Robbie. Will he 'get rid' of him?

He is working for me correct???

I can't stand him and skip all his dialogue. Plus his taste in flowers is awful. Day 4 in every garden I like how it looks but day 5 Austin insists on plopping garish flowers everywhere. Bleugh. Plus I loathe spending stars on things that are nothing to do with the garden. Like looking for his butler suit or kitting out a wedding car.

Everybody "hating" on Austin, so let me give him a little pat on his "socially awkward back." I must confess, I do not read the dialogue, maybe once in a blue moon, as I want to get to the next task. Now, I will say, I wish he would have a talk with Playrix to put a "Star" on that dag-blame wheel to have a chance to win!

He always kind of got on my nerves a little bit but he really made me mad when he chopped down that tree in to my just refurbished fountain. AND I HAVE TO SPEND MY STARS TO FIX IT AGAIN!! He is such a jerk. I deleted Gardenscapes and got it again hoping it would reset, but no, it was in the cloud. Dang it. And why do I have to spend all my stars on his crap? Really! I got his suit cleaned and he wore it once and got to hot. Baby! Now I have to spend my stars to fix the fountain AGAIN, and spend my stars to give that guy a “I’m sorry I am an idiot’ gift, please re-fix my fountain. But I am stuck and all the actions are starting to cost more stars! 🤬

AntiAustinLeague is HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Nataly Kuzmina View Post
    We've noticed that there's a certain love-hate attitude among our players towards their loyal butler Which side are YOU on? Do you think he has some secret agenda? Do you like his voice? Tell us everything!

I consider myself to be an avid gamer. Pretty much play games a lot. And out of all the games I’ve ever played on PS4, PC, or mobile, Austin is the video game character I hate the most out of all of them. If I could beat that lazy as butler I would. I wish there was a mute button on Homescapes. I can’t stand his nasely voice. And you can see where he gets his stupidity and laziness. HIS DAMN IDIOTIC PARENTS. I vote to remove Austin from all future “-scape” games and for th devs to creat a “Beat the Butler” app so we can all take our anger out on his stupid BLEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!

I truly don't get what all the hate for Austin is about. He's one of my top fave NPC's ever.

The game itself is really hard at times, which is frustrating, but I knew what I was getting into when I decided to try out a Match 3 style game.

But for Austin himself, I really adore him. He's silly and rather neurotic about sweeping, watering, etc, but I really like him.

I'd love to hear his voice, but the only thing I've ever heard him say is "Wow!" When I beat a level
    (The intros in both games sound more like it's a narrator separate from Austin himself, since his "Wow!" Doesn't sound anything like the spoken intros (like when he's writing you the letter informing you that you've inherited the place).

Anyway, count me in as one of the Austin lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiAustinLeague View Post
    I consider myself to be an avid gamer. Pretty much play games a lot. And out of all the games I’ve ever played on PS4, PC, or mobile, Austin is the video game character I hate the most out of all of them. If I could beat that lazy as butler I would. I wish there was a mute button on Homescapes. I can’t stand his nasely voice. And you can see where he gets his stupidity and laziness. HIS DAMN IDIOTIC PARENTS. I vote to remove Austin from all future “-scape” games and for th devs to creat a “Beat the Butler” app so we can all take our anger out on his stupid BLEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!
    There IS a mute button in both games. You can mute music and/or sound effects.