Thread: Paying for Regatta Wins

Paying for Regatta Wins

Teams using huge amounts of T-cash to win the regatta is a real downer for the rest of us. In the current race, three people scored 4050 points in the first 24 hours, all 135s. That's 10 tasks per person or less than two and one-half hours per task. In our experience, 135s appear less than 10 percent of the time, so it takes a lot of refreshing with T-cash just to get that many 135s, plus T-cash spent to get planes, trains, factory products faster. Guess it's great for Playrix profits, but personally, I'm tired of the unequal odds. Most of our co-op has stopped playing the regatta because of the teams using T-cash to overwhelm the competition.

You dont have to refresh with Tcash. You can just wait.

Think you missed my point, which is that some teams ARE using so much T-cash. Now, at 36 hrs into the race, first place has completed all their tasks @ 135 plus one extra at 135. I'm aware that we can just wait for a new task to appear, which we do.

I agree!!!

Totally unfair to use t-cash for wins. I rarely get the 135 point tasks so it's almost near impossible to win against those who resfres and use t-cash. Thinking about quitting regattas too.

You can dump all non 135's and not spend any money to refresh. It does take some diligence to check the board every 30 minutes. If you get a perfect score, you should come in, in the top 3 most weeks without spending any tcash. Last week we only had one team in our race who got a perfect score. It happens.

My understanding is that this type of racing is mostly seen in small co-ops. This is because when a small number of people are sharing the 12-tiled task board, it is relatively easy for each person to only do 135-point tasks over the course of the entire race. You can expect many small co-ops to get perfect scores. When co-ops have the same score, they are ranked by who got to that score faster. That means for small co-ops to get into the top 3, they will require speed in addition to perfect scores. That's how T-cash becomes an important element in deciding the winner among small co-ops.

If that's not fun to you, you will have a different regatta experience in larger co-ops. The more people you have in the co-op, the more likely it is that you'll have players who opt-in to the regatta but end up not participating. If your co-op is good about ensuring people who opt-in actually race, you'll have a distinct advantage over most competitors because co-ops are grouped together for racing based on the number of people who opted-in for the race. I'd also look for participation requirements so you're racing with people who have similar goals to you. Larger co-ops also have the lovely advantage of having more people to help so not only do you get to earn more clovers, but you tend to get faster help when you ask for it.

Before you write off the regatta completely, consider giving an organized medium-sized (15-20 racers) co-op a try. Will you still see some really hardcore co-ops in this range? Yes, but they're not as common. Simply by being structured, it's very possible to spend no t-cash and finish among the top 3 nearly all the time.

Don't forget that you still get rewards for playing. I really enjoy just collecting all 9 buoys and getting those prizes! That's enough for me to play the regatta. Do you have anything you like about the regatta? If you do have things you like about it, maybe you just need a short break and a larger co-op. If nothing at all about the regatta appeals to you, that's ok too. It's not for everyone. Just remember to have fun!

Robyn,
    generally speaking I agree with you. But one thing definitely is wrong:
    My understanding is that this type of racing is mostly seen in small co-ops. This is because when a small number of people are sharing the 12-tiled task board, it is relatively easy for each person to only do 135-point tasks over the course of the entire race.
    No, it is not easy, the opposite is right. I raced from the beginning, changed the coops several times so I know racing in all coop sizes.
    Small coops do not get the same number of 135er tasks like big coops, in fact I had to dump the more tasks the smaller the coop was (or the less participated). The most I had to dump always was when playing alone or with two. What is double bad for those coops as they do not only miss any size bonus but they also suffer much more from the penalty points for dumping. So for small coops the only chance is to be fast what forces them to spend money if they wanna win. You are right saying this way of racing is mostly seen in small coops. But this is not because it is easy, it is the result of the current point system.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenton View Post
    Teams using huge amounts of T-cash to win the regatta is a real downer for the rest of us. In the current race, three people scored 4050 points in the first 24 hours, all 135s. That's 10 tasks per person or less than two and one-half hours per task. In our experience, 135s appear less than 10 percent of the time, so it takes a lot of refreshing with T-cash just to get that many 135s, plus T-cash spent to get planes, trains, factory products faster. Guess it's great for Playrix profits, but personally, I'm tired of the unequal odds. Most of our co-op has stopped playing the regatta because of the teams using T-cash to overwhelm the competition.
    What "unequal odds"??
    The options of racing are the same for all of us. It is your personal decision which way you choose.
    In fact the small coops are the ones that suffer from "unequal odds"!
    They do not get the same points for doing the same work because of the size bonus. This means they do not have a single chance to get good results at all if they are not fast, what force them to speed up with cash to at least get a good position bonus. So don't blame them, they exactly do what the game requirements force them to do.

Finally I really wonder when people here will understand that purchasing TCash is an inherent part of the game.
    Of course Playrix WANT the big spenders to be, it is a for-profit Business, they do not develop their games for charity's sake. Without people spending real money on it we not even had the game.
    Last edited by Missy's; 02-02-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    Grüße & Best Regards,

Town: .......Missy's
    Level: .......143, Gold
    My_Coop: . Frond M
    Coop Tag: . #FR2524
    Minimum: ..Level 95
    Language: .German

Started:....July 2016

Pathes are made by walking

By easier, I was trying to say it would take less time for each member in a smaller co-op to get a 135-point task; however, I said that under the false impression that 135-point tasks appeared with approximately the same probability regardless of co-op size. Thank you for the correction and additional information.

It is challenging in general to only do 135-point tasks. I definitely agree that small co-ops have it harder. The top-performing small co-ops have some talented and dedicated players.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn2123 View Post
    By easier, I was trying to say it would take less time for each member in a smaller co-op to get a 135-point task; however, I said that under the false impression that 135-point tasks appeared with approximately the same probability regardless of co-op size. Thank you for the correction and additional information.
    It is challenging in general to only do 135-point tasks. I definitely agree that small co-ops have it harder. The top-performing small co-ops have some talented and dedicated players.
    You are welcome, Robyn,
    you give me a smile with writing these rare words. It is so frustrating to read here daily about the oh so bad devils spending their money on the game while the complainants obviously do not understand that in fact they benefit from the spenders' unbounded ambitions.
    Last edited by Missy's; 02-02-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: temporarily broke down in tears ... no, just kidding *;*
    Grüße & Best Regards,

Town: .......Missy's
    Level: .......143, Gold
    My_Coop: . Frond M
    Coop Tag: . #FR2524
    Minimum: ..Level 95
    Language: .German

Started:....July 2016

Pathes are made by walking

I am a member of a small co-op. It is frustrating to participate in a regatta when at the very start of the game your opponents have scored half of the total points. 3:00 am EST is the start of regatt for me; I sign in to choose my first task and the first three placed components are already at halfway point of the perfect score - all 135 tasks. The first place component completed the regatta less than 24 hrs after the start of race with perfect score of 4320. Someone please do explain to me how could this be....? I'm still in the process of completing my first task. I'm not a sore looser, just trying to understand how and why is this happening. I also checked my components regatta history. The first place co-op won the golden league x 15, second placed x 10 and third x 8. This my first experience in the golden league and will probably be my last. Why bother when we already have a winner! I'm sure there's fair play in every language!