Thread: Facebook friends do not appear : SOLUTION

Werner Schuwirth

Facebook friends do not appear : SOLUTION

Hello everybody,

I'm new player of Township. My device is Samsung Galaxy I91000 and Android 4.1.2

My problem ist that my Facebook friends, who play Township as well, are not listet. I tried several ways. I disconnected and reconnectet the Facebook-Connection. I disconnected completly Facebook and Township, restartet the device, reconnected Facebook and than reconnected Township to Facebook. But nothing helps. As you can see in the screenshot the game is connected to Facebook but no friends are in the frame with the neighbours/friends. Also the tab "Find Friends" gives no solution.

In other Facebook-Android-Games I have no problem.

Can anybody help me please? Many thanks.

TS01.jpg:
    Last edited by Graylady; 02-11-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Hi Werner and welcome to the forums

Please see this thread as a possible solution :

http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....nnect+facebook

Werner Schuwirth
    Thank you for the welcome Graylady.

I did exactly as it is written in that thread.

But this don't works:
    7. You should get a pop-up message asking for your permission to access your Facebook profile. Please select "Ok" - note that if you choose "Don't Allow", you town won't be connected to your Facebook account

Unfortunatly there don't appears any pop-up message...

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Werner and welcome to the forums

Please see this thread as a possible solution :

http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....nnect+facebook

Hello Werner

Sorry this did not solved your problem. Not being on Facebook, I have no idea what could help you.

Would you report the issue within your game ? Click on the cog (settings) on the left side of your town, click on report an issue. Your email app will open to let you give the details. Make sure to mention you have tried the previous solution and run into the missing pop-up. Playrix will look into it.

Werner Schuwirth
    Hello Graylady,

I found the solution myself: additionally to the 7 steps that are described in the thread of your first reply I deleted Township in the app-settings in my Facebook profile as you can see in my attached screenshot here:

TS02.jpg

So my steps had been:

1. Open Township
    2. Go to the Settings (upper left corner) and disconnect your game from Facebook ( tap on "Disconnect from Facebook" button)
    3. Exit Township, launch your Facebook app and log out from it
    new 4.:
    Go to the app-settings in your Facebook-profile and delete Township if it is in the list of activated apps there.

And than again the steps of the other help-thread:

5. Exit Facebook and open your device's Settings
    6. Search for "Facebook" in the list and make sure that you are connected to your account there. If you are not, please log in with your Facebook user name and password
    7. Open Township again, go to the Settings (upper left corner) and connect your game to Facebook (tap on "Connect to Facebook" button)
    8. You should get a pop-up message asking for your permission to access your Facebook profile. Please select "Ok" - note that if you choose "Don't Allow", you town won't be connected to your Facebook account
    9. Open your friends list and see if you can see all your friends who also plays Township there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hello Werner

Sorry this did not solved your problem. Not being on Facebook, I have no idea what could help you.

Would you report the issue within your game ? Click on the cog (settings) on the left side of your town, click on report an issue. Your email app will open to let you give the details. Make sure to mention you have tried the previous solution and run into the missing pop-up. Playrix will look into it.
    Last edited by Werner Schuwirth; 02-12-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Thanks a lot Werner for a very detailed answer

I'm sure this will help a lot of other players along the way.

I add a reference to this thread in my "All about friends" post. So thank you again
    Last edited by Graylady; 02-11-2015 at 03:40 PM.