Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question mark (?) for avatar in the game.

Mic

Question mark (?) for avatar in the game.

hello, I do not understand why I have a question mark as avatar in the game !
    I'm connected to the game with FB.

DS0167
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Same for me but I connect with Game Center and I also have a "question mark" instead of my avatar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic View Post
    Hi Mic and welcome to the forums

I don't know why your FB picture won't show in Township. Normally it should. Please report the issue within the game and the devs will look into it.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by DS0167 View Post
    Same for me but I connect with Game Center and I also have a "question mark" instead of my avatar ?
    Hi DS0167

I am not sure if Township uses the GC avatar. I remember another post about the same subject. Maybe there is a solution there. Do a search for Game Center and avatar in the forums.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

sandssmith
    DS0167 and Graylady,

I've never had a clear answer to the GameCenter/Avatar question myself.

I specifically updated GameCenter with an avatar, and launched Township from GameCenter, in hopes to get an avatar to work.
    In my own game, when I fill someone else's train, my avatar defaults to the silhouette.

However, I see quite a few other Avatars, and since friends can only be 'same-platform', then there must be a way.

(I wonder if it is ONLY me not seeing my Avatar??)

If other Mac Users, or even a developer could give a definitive answer, it would be great!

PurplePikmin
    I seem to alternate between my big orange head (as in the one I use on here) which is what I put into Gamecenter when I realised I didn't have an avatar and then I notice when I connected to Facebook as well, it used a very old profile pic of a wooden artist's model thingy, I am wondering now if it shows the avatar that corresponds to where your friend is from(as in FB/GC)? I will check that out today.

Edit : Nope that's not correct. Helped someone earlier with beige background and got the wooden model pic, now just did blue background assist and that had the same avatar. I would prefer to use my Big Orange Head - perhaps that's something to add for the future updates - having the option to choose which avatar to use for the game that doesn't change?
    Last edited by PurplePikmin; 02-10-2015 at 08:49 AM.

DS0167
    Hello everyone,

So it seems we are several to have the same issue with our Avatar. Any help or answer from the Township developer's team?

sandssmith
    DS0167,

Have you seen the information in the sticky thread "All about friends" in the Tips & Tricks section? Graylady has posted a great thread there to help with basic friending questions, and solutions to many problems. She also keeps it up to date as needed.

Also, are you using iOS or Mac OS X? If it is Mac OS X, some of us are still trying to determine the specifics of the problem, so that we can submit a ticket with detailed specifics (see thread: "Unable to get my picture to show when I help friends" in the iOS Bugs and Issues Forum. We have determined that our friends can see our GameCenter avatar/picture (different from the Forum avatar, of course.) However, to this point, it appears we can not see our own. More to come...

Alizar77
    So, do I understand you correctly - you do see when I send you items, but I dont see that you see me?

Expecting your hearts as a gift then!

sandssmith
    Alizar77,

I see you not as Alizar77, but as a first name, last name (I believe.) That is true in the friends list, as well as when you fill trains.

So, the problem seems to be: Our pictures show up for others, but not for ourselves. Also, for Facebook users who are also GameCenter users, it seems that Facebook pics may take precedence. (I don't use Facebook, myself, though.)

And, yes, you will be seeing gifts. I think I sent one yesterday or day before, but more will be coming!