Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting regatta with a ton of points

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    As for Mitchell's chart and analysis overall, I just gotta say Holy Cow! I thought I was overdoing the analysis part lol.

One thing I would mention though is that quantity per hour doesn't really capture the quality of the tasks as much as it could since it works on a sort of 1 thing at a time assumption, as though a racer is going to devote this many hours to doing only that one thing. In actual fact, you can get a whole lot done, factory tasks doubled up and several tasks completed while waiting for shrimp boats to return, so I would tend to add a few quality points to boats and subtract a few from crops. Also the amount of time that Playrix assigns to each task is usually much more than the time required, sometimes as in zoo hots and helicopters insanely overestimated.

But really, just quibbling. That's an amazing chart.
    Thanks, Garvamatic. The king of Analysis, in my opinion, is BrendonL. I use several of his charts and his contributions on the wiki as the basis for my data, particularly the "difficulty" value he assigned to each of the 11 task classes.

One of my co-op members always reminds me of the multi-tasking point and you are correct. But qph is a measure for comparing production, not tasks, per se. The quality comes in the planning: pre-planting, clearing barn space for quick harvest and, if lucky, leveraging the harvest for yet another task. One of our favorites is to do strawberries, followed by Jelly sandwiches. You can't get a head-start on the jelly, but you won't lack for ingredients!

Cheers,

Mitch
    Mitchell Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Thanks, Garvamatic. The king of Analysis, in my opinion, is BrendonL. I use several of his charts and his contributions on the wiki as the basis for my data, particularly the "difficulty" value he assigned to each of the 11 task classes.

One of my co-op members always reminds me of the multi-tasking point and you are correct. But qph is a measure for comparing production, not tasks, per se. The quality comes in the planning: pre-planting, clearing barn space for quick harvest and, if lucky, leveraging the harvest for yet another task. One of our favorites is to do strawberries, followed by Jelly sandwiches. You can't get a head-start on the jelly, but you won't lack for ingredients!

Cheers,

Mitch
    I like doing strawberries followed by cheesecakes, lol! With one or two tasks in between to give time to complete six cheesecakes.
    Probably not the most time efficient use of the strawberries but the task we are most often offered along with the strawberry task.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    Hiya, Peggy! As Garvamatic pointed out, "dog" is bad in this case. I love dogs, too, but I love idioms even more. LOL

Anyway, starting with Wheat, the task duration increases in an orderly fashion, from the fastest growing crop to the slowest. But only if you take out those four crops! Actually, Pine Trees and Potatoes have more generous time allowances, but still...

If jasmine were more "fair", its task duration would not be ten hours. It would be something between tomato's 15 and pepper's 19.

Despite the qph and ranking, any crop task can be done if you have pre-planted at least 77 fields and use the 2x Super-harvest booster.

If you don't have those luxuries, then yes, those four crops are the worst ones to attempt.

Cheers,

Mitch
    Thanks for the explanation, Mitch. I understand far better now than when I looked at your charts. I don't think I play at ultimate efficiency but it doesn't matter for my co-op as we all decided to not try above Silver. I know, I know, lol! Most people would be horrified by that but for us, it works. Anyway, as far as crops go, I usually plan to have to plant twice, even with the crop boost. I just can't devote 77 fields to one crop.. But, while waiting for the second round of harvesting I am usually also working on something else for the next task.

I wonder if the OP has read these last several posts and if so, what he or she thinks about the info.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

What I think: this is a lot to digest haha. I think I need to read it a few more times and decide if I have the time and energy, along with a willing team to spend this much time in analysis.
    Also, is the time and effort put into the regatta worth the prizes? I understand they are giving new prizes this time after the update, anybody know what those are? We have won first place in the previous leagues and after the whole week of working hard and spending a lot of time to get all of the tasks done, along with encouraging and helping my team, I felt unsatisfied with the prizes. No t-cash and mostly stuff I could easily acquire elsewhere.
    I do love the competition and coming out on top "feeling", but I don't know. It could be my team and that we have reached our potential and that's why it's losing its luster. Also, starting the regatta and continuing to fall so far behind throughout the week is discouraging.
    Anyway, I do appreciate the advice and strategies. I will be talking to my team and seeing if they are willing to step it up and possibly commit to assigning/picking tasks more carefully and also setting a higher minimum point count.
    Thank you everybody!

I am a CO leader in my town. We came in first in this last race ( golden league) and won "The Trophy" for the first time!!! I am agreeing that the time and effort our team members put into the race does not equal the prizes we are given. We did get some Tbills however, which was wonderful! But come on, rubies?(I have 100+ of them and no way to get rid of) planks of wood, hammers, saws...get my drift? I didn't see anything that made me feel like a winner. Just give me $ and that would make me and my friends happy.

I think if it is 'worth' it it can only be in intangibles. The prizes compared to the effort are often kinda funny... brought to you by people who will put a brick in a treasure chest you paid to open. Sooooo you have to either enjoy the silliness of it all, adults playing games to build lil towns and work to win lil boat races or you have to find some other pay off. I like the logic puzzle of figuring out the most efficient use of time, others are possibly into a team spirit kinda thing, some probably want to climb the Golden Leaderboard in a just because it's there kinda way. But it should be mostly fun. If it's drudgery and it feels like everyone is working overtime with no pay, then just chill out and make the regatta a sideline to whatever you were already enjoying with Township.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Mood: jumping ship

Time and effort have no meaning for me. I am not being flippant: I am a programmer, avid gamer AND a hobbyist writer. Getting huge amounts of raw data to analyze for the purpose of playing one of my favorite games and having two outlets where I can share these passions with my words means that I am triple-dipping in the wonderful worlds of my favorite realms.

The rewards are fun, regardless. Think about the last time you went to a carnival and sank 20.00 into winning a 2.00 stuffed trinket. It's the doing and succeeding that makes the reward

Cheers,

Mitch
    Mitchell Allen

I hope someone can help me.

I was in the co-op that won the most recent regatta in first place. I saw an announcement at the regatta that things were being calculated and I could claim my rewards when I was done. Then it went to an announcement of the next regatta and the bonus prizes could not be collected or even seen. This is so frustrating after all my hard work. I spend a lot of time and money in this game. I help everyone I can whenever I can.

If I can not collect these bonuses, I might as well drop the game completely and I do not want to have to do that. Help please.

HelpPlease.jpg
    Last edited by Robert L Dolan; 01-31-2017 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Formatting

I hope someone can help me.

I was in the co-op that won the most recent regatta in first place. I saw an announcement at the regatta that things were being calculated and I could claim my rewards when I was done. Then it went to an announcement of the next regatta and the bonus prizes could not be collected or even seen. This is so frustrating after all my hard work. I spend a lot of time and money in this game. I help everyone I can whenever I can.

If I can not collect these bonuses, I might as well drop the game completely and I do not want to have to do that. Help please.

HelpPlease.jpg

Hi Robert

Did you check the race tab and the rewards tab? If you checked them and did not get any prizes, you will have to report this from within your game. Click on the cog/gear - Help and Support - Regatta - how to collect rewards. On that page, click on the message/chat icon on the top right corner. Explain everything in your mail.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix