Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MAC USERS: Thread For Your Specific Questions and Discussion

mema
    Hi I have some questions. Yesterday I leveled up to 40. From the little box that show's up when you level up I thought I could now venture to my second island. But, today, when I tried to send a ship there all that was there was the cloud with the magnifying glass. Was I wrong about the island? I am not ready to explore an island yet, I don't have enough coins and I have so much to do on the mainland. I would just like to order my produce because my characters keep wanting more and more healthy produce or sugar free jams. I must buy these when available at the store or once again reject orders.
    I keep getting orders from the gangster for ingots. I am working hard to just level up any of my factories so I don't want to give him ingots too. I reject these orders but should I for some other reason be paying him? Do I need to order protection? HA
    Who is Raj that everyone is always talking about?
    When do I start getting jewels and are these in the mine?
    How does sandsmith, who is a friend, leave me stuff in the mine?
    Do I need to dig through every layer of dirt? It is discouraging to so often find nothing after finding something so I just keep going down. Am I missing lots of somethings?
    Thank you for your help friends

sandssmith
    Quote Originally Posted by mema View Post
    Hi I have some questions. Yesterday I leveled up to 40. From the little box that show's up when you level up I thought I could now venture to my second island. But, today, when I tried to send a ship there all that was there was the cloud with the magnifying glass...
    I keep getting orders from the gangster for ingots. I am working hard to just level up any of my factories so I don't want to give him ingots too. I reject these orders but should I for some other reason be paying him? Do I need to order protection? HA
    Who is Raj that everyone is always talking about?
    When do I start getting jewels and are these in the mine?
    How does sandsmith, who is a friend, leave me stuff in the mine?
    Do I need to dig through every layer of dirt? It is discouraging to so often find nothing after finding something so I just keep going down. Am I missing lots of somethings?
    Thank you for your help friends
    Hi, mema!

Excellent questions! I will try to answer as much as I can, and I am confident others will help as well!

The islands - much like clearing new land plots, to use it you have to 'clear' it - in this case the clouds, with money and a certain amount of tools. You can't send boats into the clouds - maybe it is fog?

The gangster - no 'protection' payment needed! Like any other market order you don't want to fill, you can 'trash' the order to cancel it. Of course, you will still have to wait approx. 28 minutes for the next replacement order to appear.

Raj/ Raja - found in the marketplace itself. You can choose to pay Cash for 3 different periods of 'use'. Others have given details elsewhere - mostly high level (higher than me) players who have certain strategies that seem to pay off well.

Jewels - Sorry, no answer from me yet - I don't have the jewelry store/factory myself yet.

Help in the mine - this is one area where we friends seem even more helpful, without trying. These gifts originally came from the miner, but once you have a friend or several, the system will use a friend's info instead.
    Can I ask? Do you see my picture, or just my nickname with a silhouette in those cases?

Digging in the mine - you are not required to dig in every piece of dirt. If you skip squares that are still 'darkened' (that is, you can't see what is in the square yet), and you happen to miss a museum artifact, it will apparently show up again later in the mine. Of course, you could end up missing some gold/silver/bronze, or coins, or even more mine tools, but no rule that you must discover what is in (or isn't in) every square.
    As for myself, I can't stand letting a 'darkened' square go by, if I can help it, so I always clear to the point that I can at least see that the dirt doesn't hold metal or a tool. It could still hold some coins, but not usually enough that I get too concerned.

Hope this helps!

Hi Mema

I'll complete Sandssmith answers with more info

You can acquire jewels only 2 ways : by making them in the Jewelry Factory or by buying them from Raja the Dealer in the market. I use Raja, buy the jewels and sell them to Mafia man only when he ask for jewels only. When he ask for ingots, I trash the order. You still can make enough Tcash to pay Raja the next time and more.

Digging in the mine : if you don't want to miss stuff along the way, make sure to turn all the dark dirt to light dirt so you can see if something is hiding in there. Once you see empty light colored dirt no need to dig that part completely. Like Sandssmith said, there may be some coins still hidden but the amounts are very low and not worth it.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

sandssmith
    Thanks, Graylady!

mema
    Thank you both very much for all your help! Sandsmith, I was so surprised by the fact that "you" were leaving me gifts in the mine and I had no idea how to thank you that I can't recall the picture. It was just a gift in a jar and I also received some from a friend named Daniel. At first I thought that he was part of the game because he is a cartoon but this is just his image as a friend. So, I am pretty sure it was your face or I would have remembered it differently just like I did Daniel.

I appreciate all the help from you and from Greylady today!

sandssmith
    mema,
    Regarding the mine gifts, it gives the friend's nickname as well as picture, if available. If it happens again, can you double-check for a picture? (May be some time, if you have lots of friends!)

I will be surprised if my picture shows. I don't play on Facebook at all (never have.)

And, I have received the same kind of gifts in the mine from you recently. It shows a black and white picture of a couple, but identifies as name starting with 'S' that is not Steve or any form of it. (I'm withholding the rest for your privacy's sake, just in case.) It shows a black and white photo of two people.
    In GameCenter, I see your GC name: papastevesgirl, but no picture at all.

This is part of the overall GC picture/nickname issue that seems to exist.

Thanks for the feedback!

Whatchamacallit

Mac version: impossible orders?

New to the forums....I've been playing the iOS version of TS for a few months, currently level 70 - addicted. Couple weeks ago decided to try to the Mac version (like I have time for that, not!). I've never really had any issues with the iOS version, and have not spent a dime in real money. The Mac version, or maybe just my particular version seems to have some impossible tasks...

For the third time now, my plane takes off and refreshes the next order, only to have products required for which the factory has not even been built yet. I think the first time I was at level 22, for the paper factory, the second time about level 27, for another factory, and now today, I'm level 30 - the wallpaper from the rubber factory is in the queue for the plane. A couple of problems with this... A population of 1670 (I'm at 1555) and 12,000 coins (I have about 2,700) is required to build it. Not only that, it takes 16+ hours for new factories to be built, not to mention community buildings (a day or more) and houses (that I can't yet build because ironically, I haven't enough materials to complete the community buildings to raise the population cap). I only have 48 T-cash. How would this even be possible without spending real money (which I will not)?

Has anyone else had this issue? I don't mind doing a little work to load my planes and trains but this isn't going to happen. And at such a low level, it's not like I have a lot of high level friends that could help, or are even playing for that matter. Yes, I did email support the first time it happened, but in the end I managed to eke by with about 20 minutes to spare... and no reply from support so I figured it was an isolated case. Not going to bother this time, just going to give up on the Mac version I think and carry on with the iOS version.

sandssmith
    Whatchamacallit,

Firstly, welcome to the forum! We always like to see another Mac Township player!

Secondly, Fair warning to you that I am going to be distracted, as the Whatchamacallit bar is one of my all-time favorite candies!

Thirdly, and to your point. There sure can be moments of 'hurry up and wait' in the game, especially early in the game.

I especially remember thinking "it's taking forever to get the items to open up a Community building" (etc.) that you mentioned. Especially when I only had one or two trains, and very few fields in which to plant larger quantities of specific crops, and a very small barn capacity, and everything else you mentioned.

So, a couple tips (sorry if they are already obvious to you!):

As you know from the iOS version, the game 'gets better' (or at least changes in dynamic somewhat) as you get to higher levels, when you have more of everything I just mentioned. (Coins, though are up to you - sell products as you can to the townsfolk, and cancel any orders you can't - or don't want to - fill. And grow and sell wheat like crazy, since it costs nothing to plant.)

Cancel any plane orders that you can't or don't want to fulfill. (I had the 'luxury' of not having an active airport when I was at the lower levels, but even now I tend to ignore most plane orders unless I can realistically finish at least a row in time (with help from friends.)

Speaking of friends, I will put my GC request in for you. Can't promise help every time, but glad to see if I can help.

Obviously, you can't cancel trains. I don't recall getting orders for goods that I could not fill 'in theory' based on the level I was on. However, there were sometimes where the train sat and sat until I could complete the community building(s) build the house(s), then built the factory, and finally made the product. Yeah, it can be a long time - maybe a few days for each step at that point, and the train just sits there. It would be nice if trains could not take an order unless you have the immediate ability to build the factory first, but the train does seem to make these requests occasionally.

Do you have the market? (Can't recall what level it comes in at…) You can often get the goods there instead (yeah, I know - coins…) If you were willing to spend some Tcash, get Raj (in the market) to retrieve it for you.

On the other hand, if you get orders that you can't fill because they require factories that are at a higher game level than you are at, that sounds like a bug to report.

Finally, if you are really enjoying Township, I would recommend supporting Playrix by buying some Tcash. Maybe wait for the next sale, if the offer suits you.

Good luck!

Whatchamacallit

Mac OSX bummer

Quote Originally Posted by sandssmith View Post
    Whatchamacallit,

Firstly, welcome to the forum! We always like to see another Mac Township player!

Secondly, Fair warning to you that I am going to be distracted, as the Whatchamacallit bar is one of my all-time favorite candies!

Thirdly, and to your point. There sure can be moments of 'hurry up and wait' in the game, especially early in the game.

I especially remember thinking "it's taking forever to get the items to open up a Community building" (etc.) that you mentioned. Especially when I only had one or two trains, and very few fields in which to plant larger quantities of specific crops, and a very small barn capacity, and everything else you mentioned.

So, a couple tips (sorry if they are already obvious to you!):

As you know from the iOS version, the game 'gets better' (or at least changes in dynamic somewhat) as you get to higher levels, when you have more of everything I just mentioned. (Coins, though are up to you - sell products as you can to the townsfolk, and cancel any orders you can't - or don't want to - fill. And grow and sell wheat like crazy, since it costs nothing to plant.)

Cancel any plane orders that you can't or don't want to fulfill. (I had the 'luxury' of not having an active airport when I was at the lower levels, but even now I tend to ignore most plane orders unless I can realistically finish at least a row in time (with help from friends.)

Speaking of friends, I will put my GC request in for you. Can't promise help every time, but glad to see if I can help.

Obviously, you can't cancel trains. I don't recall getting orders for goods that I could not fill 'in theory' based on the level I was on. However, there were sometimes where the train sat and sat until I could complete the community building(s) build the house(s), then built the factory, and finally made the product. Yeah, it can be a long time - maybe a few days for each step at that point, and the train just sits there. It would be nice if trains could not take an order unless you have the immediate ability to build the factory first, but the train does seem to make these requests occasionally.

Do you have the market? (Can't recall what level it comes in at…) You can often get the goods there instead (yeah, I know - coins…) If you were willing to spend some Tcash, get Raj (in the market) to retrieve it for you.

On the other hand, if you get orders that you can't fill because they require factories that are at a higher game level than you are at, that sounds like a bug to report.

Finally, if you are really enjoying Township, I would recommend supporting Playrix by buying some Tcash. Maybe wait for the next sale, if the offer suits you.

Good luck!

Hey sandssmith, thanks for the reply. Yes, the tips you offered are obvious - I consider myself a seasoned player on iOS now so I'm familiar with the nuances of the game. And because of that experience with the iOS version, I know I never had a situation like this with the planes in particular. The trains aren't so important, they can sit there for days unfilled – not so concerned with trains.

As you know, the planes have a time limit. The first time this happened, I was particularly annoyed because it would have affected acquiring that "achievement" (so many full planes in a row, etc.). In the end however, as I mentioned, I was able to fill those last 2 orders somehow, last minute. I have fulfilled those achievements since, but I still think this is not right. I have never missed completing a plane order on iOS.

Yes, I have the market but that can't necessarily be relied on either... and you're right, everything at a cost, even Raj. Nor can those pesky orders from the townsfolk... either they don't offer enough money and/or request products you don't have or can't yet produce. I have cancelled many an order. I also have the House of Luck, not so lucky always either.

I should never have installed the Mac version, lol.

When I first started playing the iOS version, the plane wasn't even there (and more recently, the port) – there have been many updates like that since then, so a new player has many more options now. I guess my whole point is, the game should be completely playable, and accomplishments achievable, without the “need” to spend real money. Believe me, I've been tempted several times on iOS. It's not that I don't believe in supporting the developers – they've done a great job with the game in my iOS experience, it's just that I have more important things to spend my money on :-) .

Here's a quick update... my plane just arrived. As noted, 3 total wallpapers are required (one for each row), but I see another issue... instead of 15 hours, I only have 12 hours to complete the order. And I still don't have the materials to make the buildings I need to up my population. Decision made – can't be bothered to attempt this one, will probably abandon the game on Mac and stick to what I know is working, the iOS version. I may report this as a bug, though I'm doubtful to get any kind of reply.

If you're interested in catching me on the iOS version,
    GC username: MyssGamer
    Town name: Whatchamacallit

Thanks for reading

sandssmith
    Whatchamacallit,

I should have known you would be familiar with the tips I gave. In the words of Maxwell Smart - "Sorry about that, chief!"

Hopefully this will help.

You can let the planes go without affecting the "planes in a row" achievement, as long as you let the plane fly off on its own (on schedule) whether full or not.

I know this because I filled a plane, and check achievements - showed 1 of 5. Next plane came - I had no realistic chance of filling it (based on the items required - quantity the main issue), so I just ignored it. It took off on its own. Later on, another plane came, and I was able to fill it. I checked achievements, and I was at 2 of 5 planes, even though a couple planes left on their own w/out being filled in the interim.

So, I was happy about that. However, soon after, I had another plane I couldn't fill, and I thought - why not send it off (yes, I was not thinking clearly about the impact on the achievement - I realized it about ½ second after confirming I wanted the plane to take off early.) Sure enough, lost the progress on that achievement.

Truly hope that this helps take some burden off your Mac Township game!