Page 147 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1640

Thread: MAC USERS: Thread For Your Specific Questions and Discussion

Towship wont load!

I have tried now for two days to play my township and can't even get past the loading stage.
    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but get the same result. I have updated my Mac OS, and that didn't work either.
    Of course this happens during my favorite event - flying the airplane!! Grr

Also, during the past couple of weeks, when I was able to access the game, unable to purchase township cash. It gives me the error screen and says in-app purchases are not supported. And then something along the line of the app not having licensing to be able to perform in-app purchases.

VERY DISSAPPOINTED!!!

I have contacted customer support twice, with only an automated reply, but nothing from any person yet! Grrrrr

Got this from support. We'll see how long it takes developers to fix the problem.

"Thanks for letting us know about that issue! I passed the information on to the dev team, so they'll do their best to identify and fix the problem ASAP."

Dont' know whether it helps to shed any light...I have been having the same problems as the other players and deleting the com.playrix folder worked for me. However, I was playing the game and a facetime call came in. Township crashed and wouldn't let me back in again until I deleted the playrix folder and reinstalled.

There are many with the same issues - see the thread for Mac users.......
    My guess is that all MAC players are affected.
    Temporary solutions are suggested there which you may find helpful.

This was in response to 907North's post below, which was started on a new thread - now merged with this one
    Last edited by Lyndie; 09-29-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    DD is saying the procedure for contacting CS is quite possibly the same for you on Mac, as it is for us on ios/android/kindle. When we contact CS we get an automated response. It is important we reply to this message, clicking no to the question asking if that reply was helpful. It is then that our query will be forwarded to an actual CS agent. Hence keeping our ticket open, otherwise it will eventually just gets closed.
    Thanks, Downton. Yes (and reply even if it doesn't ask whether it was helpful, or the wording is somehow different)

Update and FIx info

Hello and good morning, I have come up with a Fix that works now. and it may work for all of you, as well.

so, what you need to do is run the game once and when/if it crashes then delete the folder and re-run the game.so far just placing th e folder in the trash worked. I did not have to Empty the trash.

Thoiugh I also Placed the folder in the trash while loading the game the 2nd time, which game me a new error of. Low Hard drive space and or/ memory. and no I was not low on any of that. but that also might be what fixed it as well.

so, it was a good idea waiting on posting a new update. like I did yesterday till the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 907North View Post
    I have tried now for two days to play my township and can't even get past the loading stage.
    I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but get the same result. I have updated my Mac OS, and that didn't work either.
    Of course this happens during my favorite event - flying the airplane!! Grr

Also, during the past couple of weeks, when I was able to access the game, unable to purchase township cash. It gives me the error screen and says in-app purchases are not supported. And then something along the line of the app not having licensing to be able to perform in-app purchases.

VERY DISSAPPOINTED!!!

I have contacted customer support twice, with only an automated reply, but nothing from any person yet! Grrrrr
    Hi 907North!

This solution below is only a temporary one - you will need to do this every time it crashes until Playrix comes out with a solution -

Please try this - the "user name" is the user name you login with on MacOS (not the game).

1. Delete the game.
    2. Open Finder. When the Finder window is opened, simply use CMD+SHIFT+G and it will show a pop-up where you can type the following address: /Users/user_name/Library/Containers (please do not forget to substitute "user_name" with your actual MacOS user name).
    3. In the opened folder try to find and delete the com.playrix (also called com.playrix.township-mac). folder.
    4. Restart your Mac and try to load the game again.

Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCG View Post

This solution below is only a temporary one - you will need to do this every time it crashes until Playrix comes out with a solution -

Please try this - the "user name" is the user name you login with on MacOS (not the game).

1. Delete the game.
    2. Open Finder. When the Finder window is opened, simply use CMD+SHIFT+G and it will show a pop-up where you can type the following address: /Users/user_name/Library/Containers (please do not forget to substitute "user_name" with your actual MacOS user name).
    3. In the opened folder try to find and delete the com.playrix (also called com.playrix.township-mac). folder.
    4. Restart your Mac and try to load the game again.

Let us know!
    I've tried for many times, but my Township still doesn't work and quit unexpectedly! Then show below warning. Pls help me how to fix it. Thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have been able to follow steps 2 & 3 only and empty the trash. Then I can open the game. This must be done EVERY time you try to open the game. I bet they're losing many, many players.

Keep sending them messages until the problem is resolved. So far, their "fix" is only for one game session, and must be repeated every time you want to open the game.