Thread: Who ever played Township on Facebook?

Who ever played Township on Facebook?

Playrix started to provide this wonderful game on Facebook.

400143_304584276260257_101321910_n.jpgDress 2012.jpgDep Upgrades 2012.jpg400143_304584276260257_101321910_n.jpg

Is there anyone among us who has experience with that version?

Does anyone know when Playrix stopped providing the Facebook game?

Sweetweek 2013.jpgManege 2014.jpg

Is there a big difference between the FB version and the Mobile one?

Just curious ...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 07-17-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 106/Android

There are a couple of threads about it at least, here and here, Ruud.

I'm not sure whether many who played it ever came here much, but you never know.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    There are a couple of threads about it at least, here and here, Ruud.

I'm not sure whether many who played it ever came here much, but you never know.
    This is very helpful! Thank you Bess!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 106/Android

I don’t maintain my FB town anymore. It is quite different, yes. For one, carrots take 12 hours to grow versus 10 minutes.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 99
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    I don’t maintain my FB town anymore. It is quite different, yes. For one, carrots take 12 hours to grow versus 10 minutes.
    That is a real big difference!
    20190717_175056.jpg
    Does it look like this?
    Can you remember which was the highest level one could reach?
    Where there already co-op's to join or was it just a solo game?
    Questions enough Curious about answers....

Yes, it looks like that. I’m pretty sure it was infinite level. No co-ops but you were encouraged to add FB friends who also played. You had Ernie already of course. You collected building materials from these friends for visiting their towns.

Every player was randomly assigned a building materials factory. I got planks. Ernie had slabs. The factory produces one item per hour. Other materials were awarded for completing challenges (produce 60 strawberry jams, for example, get a glass pane). At least this is what I remember.

All your community buildings generated coins on a set schedule. The cafe, small amount every 20 minutes. The airport, 5000 coins every hour. You collect these “taxes” or rent to build your treasury. There was a scale of sorts to indicate your performance as mayor. Not enough CBs/too many houses and the population was unhappy.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 99
    iOS

That indeed sounds like a big difference with our current game!
    And some wishes for Township Mobile had already been implemented in the Facebook game.
    I can imagine that when reading those wishes you sometimes have: "Be careful what you wish for!"

The playing field, it was like today's: an inlet on an island surrounded by rocks?
    With a waterfall and a river that flows through the landscape?
    Or did it look completely different?

Does the original Facebook page still exist? I have found one but for Forum rules I do not place it cause I am not sure it is the right one.
    On that page, for example, I saw a bus stop and the release of the first railway line.
    An Egg shaped building as Academy of Industry. And making products seemed much more laborious.
    Three factories working for just on dress?

How did the contact with fellow players go?
    Do you still have friends from there and do you have them as Friends maybe even as coop members in your team?

No, I am not a reporter, but it really sounds like that *g*

Really interesting topic!

I went to my FB town link yesterday and it’s all gone. Had I realized they were completely shutting down the FB version I would have taken a ton of screenshots! All I heard here was “no longer supported” which I took to mean no customer or technical support. I never needed any so I didn’t think much of that. I’m sad it’s gone.

There was a small shoreline at the bottom of the map but you could terraform. Expansions were far more difficult to obtain I think, because you needed t-cash and earning it (free) was really rare. Unlike mobile, where it’s fairly easy. No rocky mountain borders though. Road running off to elsewhere like in mobile. No river, no waterfall.

The factories were working but each only produced one thing. Your sugar cane (4 hours to grow I think) only made sugar in the sugar factory and then the bags of sugar were used in another factory for something, I forget. Wheat made flour in the flour factory and flour made bread in the bread factory. Cotton made fabric and fabric made shirts. Factories could be upgraded to four instead of three slots and maybe time, I can’t recall, I only added slots.

The CB options were very large. There were theme decorations available for a week or so. Theme houses to go along with it. It was far more flexible in what you could build. It’s wild to think they put so much effort into those designs and poof, gone. In many ways I think the standard of art was higher in the FB game, but some buildings are duplicated, like the flower shop, hospital, library, university.

Personally I did not add any friends in the game.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 99
    iOS

Veganville, I am really sorry to hear you've just realized that this Game is gone forever.
    Indeed what a nice pictures you could have!
    Now I am really determined in my search for information, screenshots and pictures to honours this First Game and give it a permanent place to be honoured...
    And you gave me already a lot of information to work with so if you with me on this search I will be very pleased!

Although at first sight the beginning of this search showed me little information available, we got Google on our side and an old Facebook page. And maybe we find some colleague-players on our way.

But first take some time to process the grief of confronting this loss.