Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1640

Thread: MAC USERS: Thread For Your Specific Questions and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Migatown View Post
    Same here, just disconnected and reconnected from FB, and boom windows black, note that they were all ok before I disconnected from Facebook. Already thrown away Township, reinstalled it, all the same.
    I know for sure another player suffers the same trouble.
    I just had to put again "mode clair" on Apple preferences to get again the windows correctly (no idea how it is named in English)

Capture d’écran 2020-04-21 à 10.30.50.jpg

Got my backgrounds back

Steps I did which I got from help center were:

1. Shut down computer restart computer, check game.
    2. If that didn't work: Delete game, restart computer, reinstall game

One step I added on during step 2 was to also delete the system preference folder for the Township game - com.playrix.township-mac

brilliant on adding delete the system preference folder it got me a gold star from one of my team who can now see the light! thx

Now is seems that Playrix have decided to merge MacOS and iOS it would seem that the Mac game will be taking on a new supporting role to the main act. I would like to take this opportunity of thanking the many Mac players I have met here and for many happy years of play in our small community. I don't think things will ever be quite the same again. It is the end of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    Now is seems that Playrix have decided to merge MacOS and iOS it would seem that the Mac game will be taking on a new supporting role to the main act. I would like to take this opportunity of thanking the many Mac players I have met here and for many happy years of play in our small community. I don't think things will ever be quite the same again. It is the end of an era.
    You make it sound like a bad thing. I don't understand if you end up with a common game version across many different platforms isn't that good? Otherwise you get version drift and, as Windows players found out, constant Christmas.

Admittedly I have no experience with either of the Apple systems, I'm on Android for the game so I have nothing to compare it to. But I would like to know why you view this as a negative.

In part because of the Mac format always being the forgotten guest at the party and enduring so many problems over the years with missing updates etc the Mac community has evolved into quite a tight knit group with most of the players recognising if not knowing the other Mac players. There have been much communication between us through messenger groups etc through our shared hardship. In short we got used to playing with each other. Now as a small part of a much larger community we no longer are taking part in events with old friends but new aquaintancies so some of the old camaraderie will be lost. At a practical level it will be much more difficult to compete on the global stage without the input of hard T cash. I think we became settled into a comfortable way of play without too much pressure. That will now change. My coop for example has been leading the iMac regattas for about 4 years but we would be lucky to be in the top 50 with the iOS players. As I said, it will be a new era for many of us.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. Welcome to the bigger pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    I think I've just found your co-op on my Kindle, but it has a very different code to the one in your signature - you might want to check whether it's changed. I can understand what you mean about being in a small community and that you'll miss that, but hopefully this means Mac players are no longer going to be treated like second class citizens

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I think I've just found your co-op on my Kindle, but it has a very different code to the one in your signature - you might want to check whether it's changed. I can understand what you mean about being in a small community and that you'll miss that, but hopefully this means Mac players are no longer going to be treated like second class citizens
    You're right JJay - all our codes have been changed as well. Because of the fairly consistent issue of Mac players being banned (for no reason) after every update, our co-op had kept a note of everyones town codes so that we could report issues on their behalf. I haven't checked them all, but those players I have asked have all reported different codes.
    Another reason for the disenchantment, is that no prior notice of any change was given to Mac users. Our game was shut down for "technical maintenance' for an afternoon, and when we were able to get back in, what we found was a shambles. No problems for those with just a Mac town, but many of us have iOS towns as well. It would have been really nice if we'd had some prior notice of this.

They've actually announced it on Facebook now -

Screenshot_2020-05-26-16-49-34_kindlephoto-4654961118.jpg

Wonder what will happen if people have one town on Mac and another on a different OS, but both linked to the same Facebook account?