Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1640

Thread: MAC USERS: Thread For Your Specific Questions and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    You're right JJay - all our codes have been changed as well. Because of the fairly consistent issue of Mac players being banned (for no reason) after every update, our co-op had kept a note of everyones town codes so that we could report issues on their behalf. I haven't checked them all, but those players I have asked have all reported different codes.
    Another reason for the disenchantment, is that no prior notice of any change was given to Mac users. Our game was shut down for "technical maintenance' for an afternoon, and when we were able to get back in, what we found was a shambles. No problems for those with just a Mac town, but many of us have iOS towns as well. It would have been really nice if we'd had some prior notice of this.
    Sorry, I was typing as you posted, but they have just announced it - late as usual! Of course it would have been better if they'd said something beforehand, but sadly we can't expect anything like customer service from Playrix. Unfortunately you'll find people still get banned for no reason after every update - it's exactly the same for us.

Not sure how it will work, but I'd be very careful if you have towns on Mac and iOS, especially if they're both linked to the same Facebook account. Fingers crossed it won't give you any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Wonder what will happen if people have one town on Mac and another on a different OS, but both linked to the same Facebook account?
    Thought the same thing, JJay, so I launched TS on my iMac. It took some hiccuping but it finally opened...to the tutorial! Oh well, I hadn't leveled up too much on the Mac town as I was content with Optimal Prime on the iPad. When I signed in with FB, it asked me to choose between the device (iMac) and the server (OP in the cloud). I chose device (it warns you about losing previous work if you choose server) and friended myself using OP's code. Now I can see OP fullscreen on a 24" display. Sweet! Photoshop and I have some panoramic playtime to schedule now.

Thank you, Playrix! Sure glad you didn't wipe out more than the few hours work I had invested in the Mac version. Next time, show some confidence and give everyone a heads up ahead of time with critical instructions so that your MacOS/iOS players don't choose poorly.

They've actually announced it on Facebook now -

Attachment 56166

Wonder what will happen if people have one town on Mac and another on a different OS, but both linked to the same Facebook account?
    You have the nightmare I suffered last night. Now I only have my Mac game linked to FB. I have asked support for futher guidance but I am still waiting for a response that helps.

Hallo,

will the Mac-Players now also get the "video-man"?

Just a warning guys - I've seen a post in Township's official group about a player who seemingly was in the same position as Míc below - they had a game on one device which they hadn't played for a while, and another town on another OS which they did play. But unlike Míc, it looks like they tried to transfer the town they did play, so when they were given the option, chose the one on the server, and were promptly BANNED for suspicious activity

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    Thought the same thing, JJay, so I launched TS on my iMac. It took some hiccuping but it finally opened...to the tutorial! Oh well, I hadn't leveled up too much on the Mac town as I was content with Optimal Prime on the iPad. When I signed in with FB, it asked me to choose between the device (iMac) and the server (OP in the cloud). I chose device (it warns you about losing previous work if you choose server) and friended myself using OP's code. Now I can see OP fullscreen on a 24" display. Sweet! Photoshop and I have some panoramic playtime to schedule now.

Thank you, Playrix! Sure glad you didn't wipe out more than the few hours work I had invested in the Mac version. Next time, show some confidence and give everyone a heads up ahead of time with critical instructions so that your MacOS/iOS players don't choose poorly.

Just a warning guys - I've seen a post in Township's official group about a player who seemingly was in the same position as Míc below - they had a game on one device which they hadn't played for a while, and another town on another OS which they did play. But unlike Míc, it looks like they tried to transfer the town they did play, so when they were given the option, chose the one on the server, and were promptly BANNED for suspicious activity
    So that is how they solved their gremlin problem. And now Playrix becomes the new gremlin. "The Township Paradox" has presented itself. Good grief. Here's hoping customer support has the stamina and someone in the company can explain The Macintosh Way to these game designers.

winnie022
    i'm a little confused now?!?

playing main town on Mac and played for some time another town on ipad (both with the same Apple-ID and Game Center etc.)
    don't play the iPad town no more. Game Center is deactivated on all devices. Using the new login feature login with Apple in TS.

Now how to transfer my Main Town on Mac (level245) to my iPad without any crap like choose the wrong town or my alltime fav. you're banned.

thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by winnie022 View Post

playing main town on Mac and played for some time another town on ipad (both with the same Apple-ID and Game Center etc.)
    don't play the iPad town no more. Game Center is deactivated on all devices. Using the new login feature login with Apple in TS.

Now how to transfer my Main Town on Mac (level245) to my iPad without any crap like choose the wrong town or my alltime fav. you're banned.

thx in advance
    I'm really sorry winnie, but I, for one, don't feel confident enough to give you an answer. My advice would be to wait until a few Mac players have posted their experience here, or on other platforms. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by winnie022 View Post

thx in advance
    I agree with Jay Winnie. We have not been given enough information - as usual. I need the same information - so have submitted a support ticket. Unsurprisingly, it hasn't done me much good yet... I got one response telling me to uninstall and re-install so I tried to make my question more clear.... and was told that I couldn't open a Mac game on an iOS device. I took a screenshot of the "Breaking News" post and tried again, but have not had a further response.
    The "breaking news" post also made it sound as if we could merge two games... kind of..... now that would be nice......
    Last edited by Lyndie; 05-28-2020 at 06:47 PM.

winnie022
    one of my coop companions transferred his mac game to iOS, but he never played a town on iOS before so his iPad was virgin ground.

iPad - Oachkatzlschwoaf town, Level cannot remember but it's still there with active players
    MacOS -  Zefix  town, Level 245, #FEFRJR