Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: High Level Players' Concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Tassie View Post
    Yes, it is interesting reading given when it was started.

For those who posted at the time and are still here, it would be good to hear what occurred after this time that has kept your interest up in the game.
    The islands finally opened and they add the airport and the zoo. But, the main thing is they start giving us more land regularly so we could expand our town and decorate it to our liking. Right now I am waiting for the coop :-) I play a LOT less too.

Jays7dogs
    Sorry I am just reading the forum. I used to check the forums several times a day but I am one of those players who has sorta given up on the game. I loved playing, decorating my town and helping my friends. I hung in there playing multiple times a day and Township was how I started everyday for over a year. But then things got boring. At this time I play once a day, change out my factories, help a few friends, send a plane and fill my trains. I do enjoy the events and play more during the time there is an active event. But the game has lost it appeal for me. Once I got to level 100 there really seemed as tho there was nothing else to achieve. I miss the fun this game provided for well over a year.

Yes I have also started to think so but not so much since we windows players got the zoo to work on.
    I think the zoo shouldn't start at 40, it should start at level 60 or above since at 40 level we have so much things in the town, at every level a community buildings comes, at every 2 level factories come and level also increases at regular speed but till level 60 from which things started to go very slow and we need a distraction from town since we starts to get bored so the zoo at level 60 will be more good for new players than at level 40.
    I am suggesting this because I had experienced it. I was at level 60 or 59 when the last update came and I was slightly started to play less but as we got the zoo in the update I also got something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulshan Bisht View Post
    Yes I have also started to think so but not so much since we windows players got the zoo to work on.
    I think the zoo shouldn't start at 40, it should start at level 60 or above since at 40 level we have so much things in the town, at every level a community buildings comes, at every 2 level factories come and level also increases at regular speed but till level 60 from which things started to go very slow and we need a distraction from town since we starts to get bored so the zoo at level 60 will be more good for new players than at level 40.
    I am suggesting this because I had experienced it. I was at level 60 or 59 when the last update came and I was slightly started to play less but as we got the zoo in the update I also got something new.
    Totally agree with Gulshan on this. As a fellow Windows player, I cant imagine having the zoo much earlier in the game. It has been really good getting it when we did. I still have my town to rearrange as I have been concentrating on land extensions and helping friends. I can't wait to see what treats we have in store for us in the next update. I doubt we will have the co,-op as we haven't got the building as yet. But I am still enjoying the game at level 82.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Francis Trego View Post
    First of all, thanks for the develloper who brought us this very nice game. We really like it since we spent around year playing it.

I'm starting this thread to highlight the fact that a lot of us (high level players) are having very serious concerns regarding the direction this game is taking.
    This is is not your run of the mill "random player useless sour mood complaint" for the sake of it.
    Reading this forum, this is a genuine general feeling of frustration amongst us.
    This is just a game... but the result will probably be most people telling farewell to their town between level 70 and 90. Not a big deal, but it would be a shame.

I will list 3 things in this thread and keep it up to date:

1-Facts (not opinions) of what is lost for high level players.
    2-List of people with level >70 who agree the direction of the game should change to focus more on the high level play. (every player is likely to get there eventually.)
    3-Very generic ideas/direction that we would like to see the game taking. I guess we won't all agree on that. It fine... as long as SOMETHING is done for us.

We need to see commitment that we will be looked after in the next updates. Not just generic acknowledgement mails (thanks for your feedback bla bla)

Thanks

FACTS
    1-Construction materials are useless. It is annoying to have to sell almost everything that trains bring, or to open a chest with construction material. They should keep some usage somehow.
    2-Expansion materials are useless. Same as above.
    3-Coins are useless. I guess most of us are millionaires.
    4-There is nothing else to build or to look forward to. (A couple of achievements... yeah)
    5-We cannot expand any more. When an update comes, we can use all the expand in 5 minutes.

>70 people who like the game but would like to see the direction changing

If you feel the fun is not what it used to be.
    If you like this game, but feels that there is nothing much really to do at your level, please reply to this post.

-Roger
    -diver-hloc
    -Nana
    -Marigold
    -mr.
    -Francl27
    -Rick McEntire
    -Sellig92
    -Luis Montes Soriano
    -Jays7dogs
    -Annie
    -Ralph0989
    -Steve219
    -Orangecrush
    -Oilman
    -Chic121
    -Amina
    -Arlynn

IDEAS
    I'll add generic idea given in the replies.

-Do something about all the useless materials/Items that we receive.
    -Explore more the intertown relationship. The "fill your friend trains" idea was fantastic, you should build on that.
    -Put Building/stuff/land accessible only at the highest levels. (70/75/80/85)

I will reply to your number 3 item, direction we would like to see the game go.
    Ok, here goes, how bout a Sea World that works like the current zoo?
    Maybe not.......
    Or.... Quests that have parts with each part having multiple tasks. A task example- Help - 100 friends.
    A quest could take a month or so. At the end you win a weird/neat/cool/beautiful something
    Last edited by Cobalt Banana; 05-28-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Bethany Clarke
    I held off on really doing my zoo until recently when I finally finished my last community building. So, the zoo is keeping me busy now that I've built up my regular town. That seemed to be a good fit for me. Since they keep adding zoo levels, I figure I'll be able to keep busy for a long time. Maybe the new co-op will also give us something else to do.

Chic121
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Francis Trego View Post
    I took the liberty to add some people names to the list when they very recently posted a message going in exactly the same direction. I reposted their message above.

A lot of nostalgy around the time where you couldn't wait to play township... sometime even waking up early to do so ;-)

I hope the Kuen and Liza will take notice of the genuine root cause of the frustration.

Township is so good at the first levels, that you eventually have only 2 kind of players. The "high level" ones, and the ones "soon to become high level".

Personally I've never heard of you before ....

And yes I do think you've taken a "liberty".... Whilst I think perhaps your initial intentions were good I feel that you have not really done justice to the thread you have started by re posting posts that some of "us" wrote some time ago !!!

You should have invited your list of senior level players to submit their feelings at this present time, not historical... The way this has been done I must agree with Graylady.. Reading posts you've copied it makes one wonder why we are all still here playing the game !!!

I can speak, moan, query, laugh at, be bored, be frustrated, be grateful and post for myself..... I'm not afraid to say when I think I am being short changed by the Developers, hence my letter to them after the last update.... And one or two on your list have actually had a dig at me for always harping on about I want more land.... I want more land......

I just personally think you have gone about this in quite the wrong manner - to all of you on the list and asking to be added, some are my friends.... I can assure you all, I mean no disrespect and you should know I'm always kind, friendly and have a good attitude but I just cannot help but feel this is not the way to get the proper support and game changing strategy we need from the Admin and the Developers....

My opinion entirely.... I know !!

Chic

This thread was started more then a year ago. Roger has not login since then either.

Chic121
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Chic

This thread was started more then a year ago. Roger has not login since then either.
    Thanks Graylady

I'm pleased..... To hear that - I found it annoying... Oh well that's good then. Thanks

windypines
    Every game has a life cycle, so to speak. It will eventually come to an end. I don't quite know what the complaining is about. I believe the zoo was added to further the game for higher level players. If you are no longer interested in the game, quit. The thing I like about Township is that you don't need to be on it every day. No crops die if you take a break. This gives us a great deal of freedom. I rather enjoy the slower pace of the game in our rat race society. Just me.