Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself Here!

Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post

I am married with four adult children and two grandchildren. We all enjoy online games, though I am the only one currently playing Township.
    hi citygirl,

welcome to the forum and the game
    nice intro - now I am pondering whether your family not playing TS (yet, maybe) is an advantage or disadvantage? lol, well, in a Coop that is multi-kulti, you sure learn to look further than your own house or even garden... and in every Coop with more than one, you learn a new language, typoese :-D
    Have fun, and don't hesitate to ask, when you don't find an answer here

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    hi citygirl,

welcome to the forum and the game
    nice intro - now I am pondering whether your family not playing TS (yet, maybe) is an advantage or disadvantage? lol, well, in a Coop that is multi-kulti, you sure learn to look further than your own house or even garden... and in every Coop with more than one, you learn a new language, typoese :-D
    Have fun, and don't hesitate to ask, when you don't find an answer here
    Hello, DD, and thank you for the warm welcome.

It would be nice if some of my family played Township too, but it hasn't put me off the game that they don't. lol

Yes, the forum has been chock-full of suggestions and tips. I have learned a lot from reading various threads.

Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
    It would be nice if some of my family played Township too, but it hasn't put me off the game that they don't. lol
    Glad to see you're still enjoying the game I hope you've found a nice Coop, with a style to your liking!

I'm Marian, using the name Oma here because that is what my two grandkids call me because I was living in Germany when they were born and since they had more than one grand mother - I thought that would be unique. I have 2 kids - adopted and been married twice first at 18 that lasted 31 years and now after 50 that is still working well after 14 years. Born and raised in the USA, the youngest by a lot of years, of 4 children to 1st generation Americans.
    I have had many jobs over my lifetime from working at a gas/service station to management/owner-operator, in retail and warehousing/distribution. As many others have said - I can have some very colorful language and more than a few vices that are mostly on a social level. I have a strong interest in cars and have been involved in racing as well as just messing around with them. I have never been a girly-girl. I'm very into nature and all it's glorious gifts.
    I discovered Township about a month ago and it has become an addiction - sometimes it's a love/hate relationship as I am a do it - do it - get it done - why do I have to waite so long for somthing to do what I want kind of thingy.
    I'm not a social media kind of person. No Facebook account, no twitter, no whatever else is out there; so - it's taken me a while to decide to join this group. I understand the concept but I'm not versed on the exicution of the way and means successfully navigating being a good cyber neighbor.
    I am impressed with all the great advice and calm instructive posts I have read here. I hope I can figure out a way to intergrate myself into this world successfully and be helpful and learn and get help to grow my little town and maybe even make a few friends. Maybe I even find out why I am not getting "likes".

hi Marian,

welcome to the forum! and thx for the interesting overview
    As I'm prolly close to your age, if not older, I can't bring myself to call you Oma, although the "name" lead me here, as I am German.

And yes, learning patience is one of the main goals in Township *g* Good luck with it!

as for "not getting likes" - what is your expectation? after a month? I saw at least one town with the name "pls like my town", lol - maybe worth a try?

Thanks for the welcome and for letting me know that it was here. As I keep saying - I am soo lost in this world. It took me what seemed like forever to find my post and your responce. In the real world I am a take charge - get it done person and usually have no problem finding answers or fixing problems - here - other than the logic of determining the necessary steps to get from need/want to get/have, I am a babe in the woods and just as confused. It's a sobering experience. I just think this game is so cute and I love having my own world that I can more or less control and shape as I wish, that I am willing to work through my issues. Thanks for being here for us lost souls and offering us your hard won guideance.

Hi, I'm Kaytown and live in Germany.
    I'm playing this game for approximately 8 months now and I'm totally addicted to it even though there are some annoying things...;D
    Many thanks for the great support and help in solving problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Oma13 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and for letting me know that it was here. As I keep saying - I am soo lost in this world. It took me what seemed like forever to find my post and your responce. ...
    You're very welcome, Marian lol at "babe in the woods", I hope you are not TOO scared. And, as with every learning, don't forget to be patient, both with the topic and yourself, and esp. with this game! esp. if you are usually a eager/vigorous person - if I got your description right. Next point to keep in mind: not everyone is a native English speaker here. Better not use too vague allusions or "pictures" or very specific language-related expressions (wasn't the case yet, just saying to make you aware).

For starters, here's the link back to my other post to you with the 2 links for "how do i find my posts" and to the acronyms-thread:
    https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1532046

Better don't try to read all at once then! Take your time But theme-related is:

Then, for the game, I recommend to have a look at the New to Township subforum, and there esp. the thread Best tips for New players. Also, have a look at the stickied threads, just to know what is there and what is where.

For the forum, I recommend to start in the Forum Rules and Information. It has a LOT of threads about your forum settings and possibilities. Start with the Welcome to the forum-thread, and (link there inside) also the Forum Rules, of course.

Then - as freestyle (? Kür), so to speak - you might look at these posts of mine, in which I explained
    1) several ways of replying - incl my favourite hint "use quoting!" - for understanding see also the initial question there, of course,
    2) again, the source and use of emojis not from this forum. Written conversation can be difficult anyway, the more between different countries and cultures. So, some little smileys can really help understanding.

And for the graphics impressions, here's the thread How to post a screenshot, that Nevada started for us, for the different OS. Note also the 2nd post there, by Graylady, with the hint that we usually need to minimize the size of the pictures we get from screenshots. There are free online pages for that.

Then, the combination of game and forum: If you want to post a wish for a change in the game, I recommend to read the Devs' Won't Happen-list first. And maybe also the collection of Frequently Suggested Ideas here - which can of course be supported, as they didn't happen yet, alas.

hope this helps...
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-17-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added links step by step, and noticing I didn't explain the Mod queue... *G*

Hi, I'm Barb, the Mayor of Churchville. I use BJK14 as my identity because that's how I'm identified on other forums I belong to.

Quick stats - I'll turn 61 this year. Retired from US Air Force in 1993 due to a non-combat injury. Two bad marriages but 'new' guy and I have been successful for going on twenty years. No kids. On-going health issues have left me homebound for the last several years.

I grew up in rural SE Pennsylvania (I was in my teens before my hometown was large enough to be designated a 'Village' by the State.) so Township and I seemed to be a great fit. Many world building games focus on war and politics, neither of which appeal to me; the bucolic nature of Township is what drew me in. Sure wish I had thought to look for this forum earlier! So many good tips and ideas on how to grow my town.

Two quick questions: Is there an FAQ or post with in-game character names? I knew of Ernie and Jake but only learned Raj's name through this board.

Also, Is there a way to stay logged in? The 'remember me' function at the top of the screen does not work for me. (Forum on a Windows laptop. Game on an Android phone.)

Hi everyone!! Dallas tx here!