Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese New Year event

Chinese New Year event

After a couple of attempts I passed level 1. After trying and failing level 2 I was told that I would have to pay for extra moves/lives or be put back to level 1. I got back to level 2 again but failed so again got sent back to level 1 as I had no coins to pay for extra lives. Do they really expect us to keep paying each time we fail so we can complete the whole event? It may well cost a lot of money as the levels will probably get harder as we progress. Why did they change it? The Christmas event did not work like this. I am not happy and will not be paying a fortune to pass the event. I notice too that the cost of coins has increased by 25% the same as township. If they want me to buy coins they need to lower the price not increase it by such a ridiculous amount.

Hi salmo!

I'm sorry you don't find our new event as enjoyable as the previous one. The developers wanted to try something different this time, but we're listening to our fans closely and if they don't like the way this event goes there's a high chance we won't try this again next time. So it's up to you if you want to give it another chance and thank a lot for your feedback!

As for the prices - this doesn't sound right. Is it possible that you experience this increase due to these events? See the link

Hi Nataly. Thank you for your quick response. I hadn't considered that it may be Apple who had increased the cost of the coins but that may well be the case. Maybe you could consider increasing the number of coins given for the price as you may lose many sales from this price increase.
    There is a thread in the township forum also complaining of the sudden large increase in cost of tcash/coins.

I'll inform the developers about this increase in prices and see what they'll have to say about it. It's very unfortunate that Apple decided to do this without any warning. Thanks for letting us know.

I too got past level 1 and got to level 2 and got sent back to level 1. Not going to even bother with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by salmo View Post
    Hi Nataly. Thank you for your quick response. I hadn't considered that it may be Apple who had increased the cost of the coins but that may well be the case. Maybe you could consider increasing the number of coins given for the price as you may lose many sales from this price increase.
    There is a thread in the township forum also complaining of the sudden large increase in cost of tcash/coins.
    It's not really a price increase though. Not that I think Apple needs the money or anything, but from their point of view they are still selling you a dollar's worth of stuff for a dollar. The difference is that 79p won't buy a dollar's worth of stuff anymore.

Township: Pixelsticks
    Located in a land of legendary currency fluctuations

This event is deplorable. Complete waste of time. I recommend that you don't waste chances playing this, you'll end up spending far more money to complete the event than whatever the the prize at the end is worth. This is a blatant attempt to fleece you into buying coins. STAY AWAY FROM THE CHINESE NEW YEAR EVENT, Gardenscapes really dropped the ball on this one. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. What a disappointment.

The Chinese New Year event is a major disappointment! I hate any game that drops you back down all the way to the beginning for failing to beat a level. I'm not about to spend what few coins I have to continue, so I won't be playing this event. Too bad as I was really looking forward to it. 😕

I actually lIke how the event is structured! They have the same types of things in candy crush saga, where you have to beat a few levels with one life. It makes it harder, but the great part is getting at least 90 coins when you beat a level 😊

The amount you get only to have to repeat it is nonsense. I'm not spending time on an event that is fruitless. This is one of the reasons why I stop playing the game and thought maybe i would give the event a chance. Nope it just turned me off from playing the game again.