Thread: Variable number of goods exchanged in Coop

Variable number of goods exchanged in Coop

Can we please enter our own number of items for coop requests? If someone needs 10 muffins and I have 20 stored, why can I only help with a fixed number of goods? Make it players choice from 1 to 15 pieces of any item, please? We can decide for ourselves how much we can give or request.

That is in the rules. The number of items that are requestable are determined by several factors. For example, the longer something takes to produce, the less you can request. Likewise, if the item uses components that are rarer or take longer to get, it also gives you less. So asking for bread or wheat would be the max number of requestable items.

I know it's in the rules, I just want to see it changed, so you can ask for any number of items every so many hours. It's nice I can ask for 1 suit every 3 hours, but I can make them myself within that timeframe too. It would make more sense to me to be able to ask for the amount I actually need, instead of a fixed amount, which people probably can't even provide for at times. example: I'm in dire need of 3 cheeses and have to request 5. My friend has 3 in storage, can give them to me, but has to give the remaining 2 later, which I don't really need. I can't send them back, because it has to be 5 pieces requested. it would be much easier if I can simply what I need. Especially when storage is tight and I wouldn't be able to store the extra 2 cheeses. Or, when storage is large I could help a friend store some of their stuff and return it to them when they have space again. See my point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Waverveen View Post
    when storage is large I could help a friend store some of their stuff and return it to them when they have space again.
    That is exactly why they won't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Waverveen View Post
    I'm in dire need of 3 cheeses and have to request 5. My friend has 3 in storage, can give them to me, but has to give the remaining 2 later, which I don't really need. I can't send them back, because it has to be 5 pieces requested.
    Hi Bert, your friend doesnt have to send the full amount possible, you can say in the chat pane how many you need. The request for the outstanding 2 cheeses will disappear when you make your next request 3 hours later.

I suspect that it is part of the grand plan of the game to put constrictions on how few/many items can be requested and how often. It forces us to strategise, prioritise and improve co-op communication. And it is down to each of us to learn barn-management skills and not depend on friends to store stuff for us, nice though it is of you to want to do that for a friend, it only prevents her developing her game skills. I am sure the frustrations are an essential part of the game (and secretly I really enjoy that ).