Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timed levels ruin the game

Timed levels ruin the game

I've been on level 361 for, I can't even tell you for sure, weeks! I don't see how it can be done in 80 seconds. Aren't games supposed to be fun? What could possibly be considered fun about this level of frustration? For a short time this game was a pleasant little time killer and I was enjoying it. It turned into a source of anger and I just realized it's ruining my days and making me unpleasant company. Well, I'm not doing this to myself anymore, thanks but "no thanks".

I only registered here to make this post. That's how strongly I felt about it. I understand the petulance of it all, but I thought someone should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwhet71 View Post
    I've been on level 361 for, I can't even tell you for sure, weeks! I don't see how it can be done in 80 seconds. Aren't games supposed to be fun? What could possibly be considered fun about this level of frustration? For a short time this game was a pleasant little time killer and I was enjoying it. It turned into a source of anger and I just realized it's ruining my days and making me unpleasant company. Well, I'm not doing this to myself anymore, thanks but "no thanks".

I only registered here to make this post. That's how strongly I felt about it. I understand the petulance of it all, but I thought someone should know.
    I agree with this. I've been on level 117 now for almost a week. I've used bombs, dynamite and blasts, it doesn't matter. I manage to clear the emeralds and there are no berries. I clear the berries and there aren't enough matches to finish clearing the emeralds. I've watched more people fail at trying to solve this level on YouTube than I've watched people win most levels. This is the only level (so far) I've seen people posting videos of failure. This game was relaxing and enjoyable until the first timed level, and it's gotten worse every timed level since. I dread seeing that timer when a new level appears. I can't even "buy" more time since, apparently, my reflexes aren't fast enough. I gave up on the holiday thing, too, because I hit a timed level. Waiting two hours for ten minutes of frustration isn't worth it, and I'm certainly not going to pay to spend more time in frustration!

My trick for timed levels, make as much as match 3 on sight, never tried to make bomb.

the timed levels are a joke. not enough time to search for gnomes or break the chains. i started out liking the game but with the timed levels makes me want to delete the game

100% agree. I'm a new player but have been stuck on level 47 for days. I've used up all my coins on power ups and extending play. This level is stressful rather than fun and challenging.

I don't think timed levels ruin the game, they've been the easier levels for me to get through. It's a matter of fast playing and a little luck with getting bombs. Most levels I get stuck at are regular ones with limited moves.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinDrazziw View Post
    I don't think timed levels ruin the game, they've been the easier levels for me to get through. It's a matter of fast playing and a little luck with getting bombs. Most levels I get stuck at are regular ones with limited moves.
    I find them easier too. You should not concentrate to doing anything special, just move everything you see and can . . . it just make itself done. I got to the level 187 in 3 weeks and not paying anything and saving boosters for the further levels. All you need is to be patient. .. .

Btw Merlin, how can someone get the heading like you, which display the current level in township or gardenscapes please? I know, it doesnt involve this post, but im really curious.

Totally agree. There shouldn't be any timed levels. They are seriously annoying to get through and you just waste lives really quick while you frustratingly try to solve them in the tiny bit of time you are given.

I have posted this before but I cannot stress how much I hate timed levels. At the moment I am stuck on level 238. I am going to give it a little while longer but then I'm through. This is what happened to me with Fishdom which I no longer play. I think Playrix is losing a lot of players because of these timed levels.

I don't like them too. You only have to be quick, because there is no time to figure out the best way like at the other levels.
    Not my favorit at all.