Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teamwork Co-op

Teamwork Co-op

The Teamwork co-op (#E3ESY7) an introduction:

We are currently playing in the Golden League, and trying to stay there. Our motto is "people willing to work together for the common good"!

Our rules are simple:

- level 20 minimum (subject to increase)
    - The English language is required, need not be proficient
    - Help each other and participate in the regattas

My town is Schitt's Creek (maybe only Canadians get this reference) and I am always willing to provide help (if I have the resources) for completing tasks. On off days I will help with anything I have. I am on the Android version.

- - -

If you have any questions or comments, please add it to the thread.

The first topic is: Kicking Towns Out

Each week I am tracking members or who is racing in the regatta and who is helping. People doing neither will not get helped by me during the week. At the end of the week, one of the following will occur (unless you indicate you will away before you go):

- An Elder who has done neither will be demoted to Member
    - A Member who has done neither will be kicked out of the co-op
    - A Member who does both will be promoted to Elder

This gives everyone a chance to stay beyond one week.

Minimums:
    Help at least 10 times
    Perform at least 3 tasks (over 120 points each) in the regatta

Now, we are built on teamwork (everyone who works gets the benefits) so if you are kicked and rejoin, the same rules apply like it is your first time (assuming you can rejoin or want to). Someone who I find I kick a lot will be kicked as soon as I see them.

Reserving Tasks:

This is a big one for some people and a non-issue for others. As a team, we have agreed to hold tasks for a maximum of one hour. This was done prior to the reservation system being implemented in the game. Now that there is a 12-hour reservation system, we still have the one-hour limit. That means that if someone is holding a task for more than an hour then it is free for any to take. Any issues with this can be discussed in the game with the team.

Addendum:

Real Life happens. If you know you have a busy week coming, then set yourself to not racing (found in the cog). This then allows us to compete more fairly (i.e. not at a disadvantage). Also, in the chat, just let us know you can't help. If you let us know then I will give you a Bye week. Too many Bye weeks in a row and you might as well not be there, and I will kick/demote as above.

Thank you and happy building!
    Last edited by 2crazy4u; 09-14-2018 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Update specifics
    We are a team of a few good people who are in the golden league!

Name: You can call me Bob
    My Co-Op: Teamwork (#E3ESY7 - http://bit.ly/CoOpRules)
    My Town: Schitt's Creek
    Friend Code: 6TTK54
    Operating system: Android

2crazy4u,
    A lifesaver for us was to establish our own Co-op forum. There are companies on-line that will build a forum for free.

Our forum allows for private messaging. It also provides a permanent home for Co-op Rules, as well as Regatta tips, Co-op updates, and articles written by members.

Today, I don't know how we got along without it.

Good luck to you in your rise to the Gold League. You'll get there. You have wonderful determination and the drive to make your Co-op successful for your members.

Bellavista
    Bella's Retreat Co-op, Leader

Thank you for the confirmation and feedback. I also don't know how we all played co-op games before free forums. So this is definitely cool.

The good news is that while I am going to boot about 3 members that are not helping the team, we are about to finish first in the silver league thanks to wonderful contributions by many members, several new elders coming as we enter into the Golden League for the next Regatta! Woo Hoo!

For those that are wondering, our co-op did make it to the Golden League. I had no idea that there were so few teams! We are currently racing in 3rd, but our best players are almost maxed out ... it's going to be interesting.

Also, I did kick a few out (as per above) and one person quit. Likely a friend in real life that wanted to be in same co-op. Participation is up and 2 new members have joined and are participating! Go Team!

Fun Fact, we are likely to finish first in the Golden league for our first time! I think this is our 6th week in the Golden League and did have 2 previous 2nd place wins. I say this with 4 hours left in the regatta and I hope I do not jinx it.

Updated rules as per team discussion [March 13/17]

Hi Bob, I've tried your ID number but it''s not you that pops up. Some guy on L11 shows instead! You may be maxed out on friends but maybe try me?? ID is P44794R. My town is Slow Waters, the co-op, of which I'm currently leader of is The butterfly (blue shield, white butterfly) and my picture is of my own little dog. I share your views on reserving tasks by the way. Hope to hear from you.

Banned
    I wish you all the luck with your co-op!

We use a Facebook group for all of our Co-op Communications. Then we have a separate one that's just for leaders and co leaders. I would be extremely cautious on who you give Elder to they can dump tasks like crazy and seriously impact your score in the Regatta period but now with the new feature to where it leaders and Col eaders can see who's dumping tasks it'll be easy to figure out who needs the boot

Banned
    Yes you r right. Don't make anybody elder.