Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta win was short-lived

Regatta win was short-lived

In the current regatta I sailed hard completing all 16 tasks in one and a half days with a score of 2160. Yah I was in first place. I was so happy. Ten minutes later I was in second place? I require clarification about this. Another person had written "first first is first". Apparently this is not the case. What happened?

Hi Cathy

When 2 teams finished with the same number of points, the winner is the team who took the least time to complete the tasks. The time counter start when the first racer ofma co-op pick the first task ofmthe team.

In your case, the other player started later then you and finished with a shorter time.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Township level 170, Zoo level 43 --- Fishdom level 577 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Cathy

When 2 teams finished with the same number of points, the winner is the team who took the least time to complete the tasks. The time counter start when the first racer ofma co-op pick the first task ofmthe team.

In your case, the other player started later then you and finished with a shorter time.
    I hope it is this way, since otherwise Europeans with tuesdays off have a huge advantage. But do we really know for sure it is this way? In all my rantings about how it should be a time trial instead of a first to the post, nowhere did I actually find someone saying it is stupid, shut up already.
    What I mean is, if someone in Cathy's race hasn't picked a task yet, but will tomorrow and then finish all 16 tasks with a perfect score in less time than it took anyone else in the race, will that late starter move into first place, and Cathy into third?

Township: Pixelsticks
    Mood: uncertain

Thanks for the quick reply. So it is a time trial from selecting your first task to finishing your last task as well as a points race. I really want to win the trophy but is the effort worth it I'm asking myself. This race has tuckered me out.

As I now understand it yes the late starter would take first place having completed all tasks quicker and with a perfect score. As all 15 slots in my race are taken here's hoping this can't happen.

Hi Gavarmatic

If you read the rules, it specify that the race start for a co-op when an opt in player pick a task. I remember a post from Anastasia confirming that but I can't find it right now. If I can place it I will come back to give you the link.

Cathy is right.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Township level 170, Zoo level 43 --- Fishdom level 577 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Gavarmatic

If you read the rules, it specify that the race start for a co-op when an opt in player pick a task. I remember a post from Anastasia confirming that but I can't find it right now. If I can place it I will come back to give you the link.

Cathy is right.
    Yes, I always knew the race didn't start until a player picked a task, I think I just mistrusted them keeping track of time elapsed versus when a racer finishes after the first day or so. Also, I have never seen any big upsets, where for instance a racer who was becalmed on Thursday was in the top three on Friday.
    I keep threatening to test this by starting very late myself. I couldn't this week due to that life thing. Maybe next week. I will just dump tasks until Friday then race my boat off and see what happens.

Mood: confident in Graylady

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. So it is a time trial from selecting your first task to finishing your last task as well as a points race. I really want to win the trophy but is the effort worth it I'm asking myself. This race has tuckered me out.
    Usually indeed almost always with that time and that score, you will win. So next week, do the same or almost the same and chances are it will work.
    I normally try to organize my tasks so I finish Thursday morning over coffee, and 80 % of the time this has been enough, however occasionally another team or two is super fast, so I have to decide whether given the tasks, life, t cash I can catch them or just let that one go. As long as you hit 2160, you collect your 5 rewards, and the 1st place bonuses have not been great lately, you'll not get anywhere on the leaderboard because of the dumping penalty, sooo except for the wee trophy, you didn't miss much by being 2nd instead of 1st. Next time you'll get em. Just don't overdue it to the point of burn out or feeling ripped off.

Co op: Float My Boat
    We fish AND cut bait

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    Yes, I always knew the race didn't start until a player picked a task, I think I just mistrusted them keeping track of time elapsed versus when a racer finishes after the first day or so. Also, I have never seen any big upsets, where for instance a racer who was becalmed on Thursday was in the top three on Friday.
    I keep threatening to test this by starting very late myself. I couldn't this week due to that life thing. Maybe next week. I will just dump tasks until Friday then race my boat off and see what happens.

Mood: confident in Graylady
    Interesting! I wonder if that is still the same as the program was misbehaving as far as changing your racing status before your team officially started racing by the first task being fixed? I remember a few of us got caught out by trying to opt in or out just before choosing a task,but it wouldn't accept the change after the regatta start time had passed.
    Click this link for Ideas that cannot be implemented

Gardenscapes - The Facebook version and the mobile versions of the game are not presently compatible.

Email Addresses as Usernames: If this affects you, your posts will not be approved until you have had it changed by sending me a private message

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post
    Interesting! I wonder if that is still the same as the program was misbehaving as far as changing your racing status before your team officially started racing by the first task being fixed? I remember a few of us got caught out by trying to opt in or out just before choosing a task,but it wouldn't accept the change after the regatta start time had passed.
    Yeah, not knowing quite what to call it, I think they probably have some window of opportunity system in place to prevent extremes and gaming the system too much.
    Eg, a racer who didn't log in until Thursday might still opt out after deciding the competition was too tough? You wouldn't expect that to work.
    In my pure time trial scenario, an organizational nut job like myself could spend 2 or 3 DAYS dumping tasks, lining up the most perfect of all perfect for a perfectionist race plans, prepping factories, calculating efficiencies then in one glorious flash of white foam amidst clanging task complete chimes be done in err maybe a lunch hour, shooting from nowhere ville to top spot long after Tuesday and Wednesdays finishers had thought it was all sown up.
    I doubt this will work either lol. But I plan to have fun testing the theory lol.

In the mood for science