Thread: Reserved Tasks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reserved Tasks

I started a co-op & I have some great members but some are getting their reserved tasks taken. We haved sent out reminders but still have issues. I feel that it would be much easier to have the task denied if someone tries to select when it's already reserved. It doesn't make sense that some one should even be able to select the task if it already has a reserve on it. Is this something that can be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by agrimmett View Post
    I started a co-op & I have some great members but some are getting their reserved tasks taken. We haved sent out reminders but still have issues. I feel that it would be much easier to have the task denied if someone tries to select when it's already reserved. It doesn't make sense that some one should even be able to select the task if it already has a reserve on it. Is this something that can be changed?
    I hope it won't, as my and other Coops have found some good use for the feature as it is now. Do a search in the forum to find a lot of threads about reservations (incl. your wish and more contradictions ).

I don't remember whether everyone (also members) can take a reserved task, but in any case, it is not easy to overlook a reservation - unless one is in a big hurry, and that is maybe an explanation, but still no excuse.

The next possibility is to kick the players who are not teamplayers enough to respect a reserve AND to read the chat msgs or rules/mails.
    Good luck
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-22-2020 at 07:47 AM.

It helps if you have players who hang around watching the board a lot of the day. Then you would know who has taken the reserved tadks and can boot them.

I'm wondering if this is a problem because there are too many reserves being used too readily. Maybe your coop needs to set some rules limiting use of reserves in the first place. I don't know how large your coop is or how many 135 tasks your coop can get at one time, but if it's just 4 like mine, nobody aporeciates a board cluttered up with reserves blocking new 135 tasks from appearing on the board.

For coops that use reserves to mean reserved, they should, imo, only be used if 1) the player has made some special preparatory effort, like sending boats, loading a factory, or clearing and planting fields for longer growing crops, and 2) the player will be able to actually take the task within a 2 or 3 hours.

To me, there is never any excuse for reserving House of Luck, ores, copters, planes, trains, ingots, zoo, animals, and other tasks that require no special preparation. All those do is block a teammate who may be able to take the task earlier.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 06-22-2020 at 04:09 PM.