Thread: Last active

Last active

Can you add a setting to show when a player was last active. That way we can know if a person stopped playing or isnt on or whatever. People can change it in settings for their privacy.

This has been discussed before and came to nothing.
    Some players myself included don’t want others to know when they are on and offline, except the green light shows this.
    There are those that have opted out by turning off that green light.
    I would think that if they have that turned off, adding another setting wouldn’t help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    This has been discussed before and came to nothing.
    Some players myself included don’t want others to know when they are on and offline, except the green light shows this.
    There are those that have opted out by turning off that green light.
    I would think that if they have that turned off, adding another setting wouldn’t help.
    I agree, I think a lot of players would opt out of allowing other players to see when they were last active and if they are currently in the game. Showing your teammates via the green light in the Co-op is different to having your time logged at the Town Hall or some such place.

I do understand why people request this, but yeah, I really think a lot of people would turn it off.
    Last edited by Downton; 06-15-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Johnalex Zarco
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow_bunny View Post
    Can you add a setting to show when a player was last active. That way we can know if a person stopped playing or isnt on or whatever. People can change it in settings for their privacy.
    Since you'd be in a coop for this to work, you could just check the dot regularly. My coop has a rule that you can't disable the dot as we find it easier to keep track of who hasn't appeared online for awhile. Also watch for any activity: crop changes on their farms (when you visit their towns), chat requests, help requests, etc. If you aren't on often throughout the day, ask your fellow co-op members if they've seen that person online recently (I will ask if they've been on in the past 2 weeks, though we allow for a month of inactivity). You can also always request for that individual to respond to your message within a specified timespan.
    You can always restrict a person from the regatta if this is your concern and you think a member has gone inactive. If they don't repond to being restricted within a week, it's pretty obvious they've stopped playing.
    In my coop, you can be restricted if no activity is seen for 2 weeks (or more) and you will be booted for no activity seen within a month. We do this despite not being a competitive coop as we don't want our coop filled with inactive towns when we could have people who are more active and helpful in our coop.