Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship between # of copter orders and proximity to housing?

Relationship between # of copter orders and proximity to housing?

Hey, all! The Facebook group is a serious hotbed of questionable information and misunderstanding, so I'm asking here to get the straight dope.

Does the distance between your helipad and your population reduce the number of orders at the helipad? I see others telling one player to move his helipad closer to his houses so he will get more orders, but he already admitted that he sold houses, thus reducing his population, so this is what is affecting his orders, correct? I have never heard anyone here say that the position of your buildings affects anything and I have moved my town around many times without noticing any effect on heli orders. It just seems nonsensical to me!

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ... I'm asking here to get the straight dope.
    what, please?

Does the distance between your helipad and your population reduce the number of orders at the helipad? I see others telling one player to move his helipad closer to his houses so he will get more orders, ...
    I think that's kind of a misunderstanding of the posters, or their explanations - it doesn't "reduce" anything, but making the way home shorter for the heli, by putting the helipad somewhere in the middle of your town, instead of at the border, makes (can make) it fly home faster as the way is shorter, and you can start faster again. That is important for one achievement related to the heli.
    ETA: found it: Impressive Efficiency, 30 orders in 30 minutes.

About "reducing the WAY" (not the houses or anything, except for the room you need with the solution linked below)
    I've read here several times, I'd say. But could also have been all in here:
    Look f.e. at this post to see what ppl do (did) for it

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...ull=1#post5818

and the page around it.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-10-2020 at 07:50 PM.

The only relationship I've seen has to do with the "central positioning" of your helipad.

The flight time to deliver an order obviously takes longer the further away the order comes from. Some people have recommended placing the helipad close to the geographic center of the map (or if you have a lot of underdeveloped land, the geographic center of your town). In that way you have a faster delivery for most orders and hence a faster turnaround on orders. Some folks might interpret that as "more orders".

I have never seen more than 9 orders at a time on the helicopter screen, nor have I seen less, it's always been 9. There was one person on this forum who reported that they only saw 7 but the reason was unclear and eventually the 8th came back. There was no further followup.

Hope that information helps,

Jinx DD, about the same answer at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    what, please?
    "The Straight Dope" is a colloquial expression or idiom referring to "getting the real truth". It's been around since at least when I was in college (and that's a long time ago)

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Jinx DD, about the same answer at the same time
    LOL, I had been thinking, really, whether I just reply by shouting "Charliiiieeee!?"

"The Straight Dope" is a colloquial expression or idiom referring to "getting the real truth". It's been around since at least when I was in college (and that's a long time ago)
    *g* and that was probably in the US, not to forget (not you ). Dope in other countries... (and Google translate doesn't know it)
    Many thanks!

Thanks, Charlie and DD, sorry to confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by dnana1 View Post
    ... and DD, sorry to confuse you.
    I was just glad to hear you weren't asking for forbidden things. ;-D
    Hope the explanations helped.

I believe that if you have all of your buildings on the very edge of your town, you sometimes don't see all your heli orders. I think the buildings have to be on the map shown in the heli tab for you to see orders, so occasionally people only see 7 or 8 instead of nine. But if you move your buildings on to the map, all orders show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    ... I think the buildings have to be on the map shown in the heli tab for you to see orders, so occasionally people only see 7 or 8 instead of nine. ...
    when I look on the map at the heli, it seems possible to have put houses (or any heli destination, btw) at the edge of the available space, so it is not shown on the map, yes. That would explain what dnana had seen "telling one player to move his helipad closer to his houses so he will get more orders".
    Still strange - it would mean that Playrix had programmed the heli orders dependent on the map display THERE, instead of the available room, which is also controlled by the Devs - while the display might even be dependent on the device that's used by the player.
    just opinion: After the disappointment about their CS lately, I would have hoped at least the Devs didn't make such mistakes but it might be from the origins of the prog, cos, on 2nd thought, they also said sthg here somewhere about not being able anymore to change the ocean "room".
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-11-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Just checked on 3 towns at different levels. 9 orders in each. These is some small gain in time by moving your heli pad. But if your in a hurry, the visit a friend glitch is the way to go.