Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cash Splash Event (in 37 days)

Carnie is short for carnival.

I am increasingly liking Ruud's theory that 1000 was the number of points/ tokens/ stars/ whatever needed to win the pile of tcash. In other words, it was meant to be a sign marking the finish line, not describing the quantity of tcash in the pile.

So, maybe the graphic wasn't actually wrong, just subject to misinterpretation.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 06-12-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thanks, Mic! lol, was so on a roll of googling things (and found a million for CSE), that I didn't think of THIS.
    And marks is a synonym for carnival goers?? why? (origin?)
    Mark is synonymous with target, pigeon to be plucked, sheep to be fleeced, old single rich guy/gal, first-time home/car buyer, day trader, younger sibling, carnival goer, Townshipper, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Oh me and writing phonetic... LOL
    ok, deleted that question

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Carnie is short for carnival.
    lol, what a language... Thanks, Mayfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Míc Miller View Post
    Mark is synonymous with target, pigeon to be plucked, sheep to be fleeced, old single rich guy/gal, first-time home/car buyer, day trader, younger sibling, carnival goer, Townshipper, etc.
    LOL, still "etc"?! okies, thanks, Mic!

... In other words, it was meant to be a sign marking the finish line, not describing the quantity of tcash in the pile.

So, maybe the graphic wasn't actually wrong, just subject to misinterpretation.
    if it was meant as Ruud and you interpret it, for sure! lol
    well, we've had reason to wonder about their QA (quality assurance) before Or its existence.

Well, I didn't interpret it that way at first. But since it looks like they didn't mean what we thought, I'm looking for other answers. It could be 1000 points or it could be as simple as one too many zeros in the graphic. A 100 tcash reward would have looked pretty good if we had started there.

While we are scrutinizing upcoming the events, I'm confused about Hammer Time in 52 days. Is this really a second chance for people who didn't finish the office the first time? I expected there would be a new room when we got this event again.

Correction: 41 days
    Last edited by Mayfield; 06-12-2020 at 03:03 PM.

While we are scrutinizing upcoming the events, I'm confused about Hammer Time in 52 days. Is this really a second chance for people who didn't finish the office the first time? Or is this another calendar screw up and it's meant to be a different room this time? Maybe they shouldn't be quite so ambitious with this calendar and just stick with showing us the next 3 or 4.
    LOL! indeed less is more, here, too.
    and GOOD question! if it is really the same office / room, I would like it to get a 2nd chance, but it would definitely be different from their other games.
    I just re-checked: In Homescapes the tab is suddenly (?) not available, but I don't remember its status. I do think we had one room at least.
    In Gardenscapes, where just now a new room has started, I have 1 finished room to look at, and several grey (cos unfinished) rooms, which I cannot enter anymore, since they were closed. All as before.
    So, that would be a new concept here.
    Or they let a newbie update the calendar, w/o telling them properly how.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-12-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Maybe too much working from home.

Maybe too much working from home.
    ...with little help from their children...

Expect a new room. If they gave players a second chance now they might as well close this event also. Besides, there is a slot ready for it in City Hall. Unfortunately for players with bridge-building difficulties, I am sorry.

Is this bridges? I was thinking the one with the intersections. Doesn't really matter, I don't like either of them. I'm actually hoping it is the office again so I can ignore it.

I am going by what's in the Event Calendar. Of course, there is something called false advertising. Stay tuned!