Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Township Bug Banning Innocent Players -- Support Will Not Help!

New Township Bug Banning Innocent Players -- Support Will Not Help!

Hi folks.... Evidently there is a new bug in the fair play detection logic for Township. It's related to the fact that the Mac version of Township is now able to connect to the mobile game you already have in progress. So -- I downloaded Township from the Mac App Store, started it, answered yes to the prompt to connect it to my account, and BOOM!!! Banned!!

I flip over to Android -- no surprise -- now banned there too as well. Contacted support, and they were not courteous or helpful at all. I told them I have a level 84 town, played for years, spent hundreds or maybe even over a thousand dollars on it by now not sure. They just said "inconsistencies found with in-game balance" and shut down the chat -- permanently I might add. I can't even start a new support chat, and the web chat channel is ignoring me. Most likely the bug is that Township's integration with Mac falsely triggered the ban because it's looking for purchases in the Mac App Store now and it's ignoring my Google Play Account where all my purchases were made.

Ever since all my attempts to reach support through multiple avenues are being ignored. I am hoping that a moderator will take up my cause, private message me, anything, because I know that this issue isn't only affecting me. I am reading about other distraught customers such as myself going through the same experience on various Facebook groups.

I have to say that I have never seen support run like this before... where the customer makes a statement, then support makes a determination and then hangs up and does not allow the customer even an opportunity to discuss further to prove his case. It's very frustrating. I can send digital records of all my hundreds of payments on Google Play Store if it will help.

This is in reference to support conversation id 8208827. If somebody could please find somebody at Playrix willing to listen to a loyal customer, I'd be grateful.

This bug has been around for a long time on and off,
    There is a huge thread discussing it.
    Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help you as this forum is players helping players. Playrix admins rarely pop in anymore, and the Devs never do as fa4as we can tell. Only through in game reports or feedback can you get through to them or use the form
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...l=en&contact=1

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    This bug has been around for a long time on and off,
    There is a huge thread discussing it.
    Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help you as this forum is players helping players. Playrix admins rarely pop in anymore, and the Devs never do as fa4as we can tell. Only through in game reports or feedback can you get through to them or use the form
    https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/town...l=en&contact=1
    Thanks -- I cannot do in game reports because they blocked me, but I have been using the web form and all that just nobody has been responding. Will keep trying but I'm nervous it won't get resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by brianjsw View Post
    ... I have been using the web form and all that just nobody has been responding. Will keep trying but I'm nervous it won't get resolved.
    It is heartbreaking alone reading about your situation.

As Cuddz said, we can't help, alas, but I'm a bit amazed about that "no response at all" remark. Did you try the form from both devices?
    I still hope they are trying to fix it at the moment - have you read the last 2-or-so pages of the Mac-thread here?
    maybe there is something that could help - ?

In any case, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by brianjsw View Post
    Hi folks.... Evidently there is a new bug in the fair play detection logic for Township. It's related to the fact that the Mac version of Township is now able to connect to the mobile game you already have in progress. So -- I downloaded Township from the Mac App Store, started it, answered yes to the prompt to connect it to my account, and BOOM!!! Banned!!

I flip over to Android -- no surprise -- now banned there too as well. Contacted support, and they were not courteous or helpful at all. I told them I have a level 84 town, played for years, spent hundreds or maybe even over a thousand dollars on it by now not sure. They just said "inconsistencies found with in-game balance" and shut down the chat -- permanently I might add. I can't even start a new support chat, and the web chat channel is ignoring me. Most likely the bug is that Township's integration with Mac falsely triggered the ban because it's looking for purchases in the Mac App Store now and it's ignoring my Google Play Account where all my purchases were made.

Ever since all my attempts to reach support through multiple avenues are being ignored. I am hoping that a moderator will take up my cause, private message me, anything, because I know that this issue isn't only affecting me. I am reading about other distraught customers such as myself going through the same experience on various Facebook groups.

I have to say that I have never seen support run like this before... where the customer makes a statement, then support makes a determination and then hangs up and does not allow the customer even an opportunity to discuss further to prove his case. It's very frustrating. I can send digital records of all my hundreds of payments on Google Play Store if it will help.

This is in reference to support conversation id 8208827. If somebody could please find somebody at Playrix willing to listen to a loyal customer, I'd be grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    It is heartbreaking alone reading about your situation.

As Cuddz said, we can't help, alas, but I'm a bit amazed about that "no response at all" remark. Did you try the form from both devices?
    I still hope they are trying to fix it at the moment - have you read the last 2-or-so pages of the Mac-thread here?
    maybe there is something that could help - ?

In any case, good luck!
    _DD_ I sent a query to customer support using the form on 31/5 following these posts:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1672774

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1672816

and still haven't received a reply, so I'm not really surprised at all by their lack of response to Brian.

Brian - I would suggest that you get everyone you know in your co-op, on your friends list, in any township groups you are in, to bombard customer support with messages about this problem. They say you should contact them yourself because they need information from your device, but one of the moderators in their official Facebook group posted this:

Screenshot_2020-05-27-14-26-32_kindlephoto-20190561.jpg

I know that other players have got their games back after lots of people have contacted CS on their behalf. Also it could be worth downloading one of their other games (however much you probably don't want to) and trying from there.

Their customer support really is a farce, but I wish you good luck!

Just for the sake of posterity I will be logging my experiences here (blacking out e-mail addresses) Thus far, no response to this chain except for the automated responder.

Please remove the ban on my Township Town. I cannot reach in-game support because the Blue button is gone. I was incorrectly banned by a system error caused by launching my game from the Mac App Store. In game conversation ID was 8208827. If it helps, I do have all my receipts and I can prove that I have not broken any rules and that I paid for all purchases through Google Play.

Thank you.
    Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 5:40 PM
    To: Township Customer Support
    Subject: Re: [8222889] Please reference in game conversation id 8208827.

I cannot contact you through the game because the system banned me. Please reply here. Thank you very much.

From: township=playrix.com@mail.helpshift.com <township=playrix.com@mail.helpshift.com> on behalf of Township Customer Support <township@playrix.com>
    Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 5:38 PM
    To: Brian J. Swanson
    Subject: Re: [8222889] Please reference in game conversation id 8208827. I cannot use in-app chat anymo...

### Do not reply below this line ###

Township Customer Support
    June 08, 2020, 17:38 -0700
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Support Team. Unfortunately, to solve your issue, we need some technical information about your game and device. Please submit a new request directly from the game:
    1. Open the game.
    2. Go to Settings -> Help and Support.
    3. Proceed to any article in any section.
    4. Tap the No button in the lower-right corner and then tap Contact Us.
    5. Choose a category that matches your problem, describe the situation and tap Send.

If you can't open the game for any reason, kindly try the following:
    1. Follow the instructions in this article: http://bit.do/fiTCS
    2. Let us know the results by replying to this message. Please make sure to mention your device model and the OS version.

Brian Swanson
    June 08, 2020, 17:38 -0700
    Please reference in game conversation id 8208827. I cannot use in-app chat anymore because I have been banned and I'm trying to get that mistake fixed. My account was banned for "inconsistencies in game balance", likely because your systems got confused when I tried to download the game from Mac App Store and it then couldn't find my in-app-purchases because they are all from Google where I normally play. I have paid properly through Google Play for all my Township Cash. I have attached two receipts as proof. I have probably at least a hundred or more receipts I can attach if you need more proof. Please help me to get the mistake corrected and reinstate my Township account. Full details of my Township account should be attached to conversation 8208827. Thank you.
    Attachments:

attachment ( Image )

From Township Customer Support. Conversation ID: #8222889

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    _DD_ I sent a query to customer support using the form on 31/5 following these posts:
    I had seen your posts, JJ, and found that situation terrible as well.
    Wouldn't have thought in the beginning already, that the CS situation could get worse... never say never.

Also, if I look at the Common Issue-Unfairly-Banned- thread (common issue! imagine!) the silence there is deafening

Thanks for your advice for Brian Interesting, from a Mod at their "official family", now look...

Not sure if you know Brian, but the forum will be read only from June 21st.
    Hopefully you will get it resolved by then, but it might be a good idea to document everything elsewhere as well.
    Good Luck..hope it gets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Not sure if you know Brian, but the forum will be read only from June 21st.
    Hopefully you will get it resolved by then, but it might be a good idea to document everything elsewhere as well.
    Good Luck..hope it gets sorted.
    Thanks for the heads up. If anybody wants to send a support request on my behalf the original ticket number is 8208827. I'd just say "Player was incorrectly banned from his mobile android Township game due to a bug that happened when opening it in Township for Mac and he cannot reach support anymore he has been trying web support for days and receiving no replies". Something to that effect. Thanks everyone and best wishes. I don't understand why this forum is being closed that's too bad. If they actually fix the problem I'll post here otherwise to let everyone know otherwise this may be the last post from me.

Brian

hi Brian,

you can find the official info about the forum closure here:

https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...=1#post1661504

Read it to the end

Re. the quoted conversation in post #6 above, I'd have the (just curious) question where you reacted to this part:
    >> If you can't open the game for any reason, kindly try the following:
    1. Follow the instructions in this article: http://bit.do/fiTCS
    2. Let us know the results by replying to this message. Please make sure to mention your device model and the OS version. <<

as it is not totally clear to me, in which direction to read (newest on top or earliest?), and whether it contains all answers?
    Did you do that, and reply to it?